What is more poker for you, logic or intuition?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Logic is always more important than intuition. Events not logical are always less.

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logic of course, when you are playing live, you can figure out your opponent. Also an intuition in that case. Playing in internet is 70 % luck, you can have all the cards, almost every combination, if the machine wants you to loose you will 100%:cool::cool::cool:

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25/25/25/25 - Mathematics, Logic, Intuition, Luck.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Choose between one or the other is a moral dilemma. They are facts that confront us for a decision where two things seem to be fair, or unfair, and you must decide for the one that would bring the least problem with your morals and ethics.

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They both

In General, both factors play an important role, and logic is by no means an exception, but a little luck and intuition are also necessary.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to answer your question. I will quote Albert Heistein "intuition is a sacred gift and rationality is its loyal servant". in poker it sometimes happens that analysis is not enough. your brain records a great deal of information at every moment, that which seems important to us is classified in memory, the others are kept deep in our unconscious without us being aware of it. However, this information is not lost. it happens that our brain gives them back to us in a specific form which is instinct. for my part I always prefer to benefit from the advice of this wonderful advisor. but Instinct is not a miracle recipe, first of all because it is rarely expressed. This requires that your unconscious has enough information to be able to transmit them to you and then because it can also be wrong.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, lo-blooded thinking. I think that’s essential to getting to a final table

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course logic, but sometimes is good when you can use intuition in right situation. just practise, practise and learn a lot

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for more than 15 years and have come across many times a situation where intuition is more important than logic. This is especially important when you are one step away from the prize group or the final table. More than once I had to make sure that I had to go all inn with 7 and 2 and fold with two aces.

I will be glad to see your comments on this topic.

My intuition often fails me, so when I play poker I rely mainly on logic

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me put this right. Intuition is a part of logic!!! After many years of playing, the intuition is your number one gun for shoot to kill, trust me! You cant count on intuition when youre a beginner for sure so you have to study alot but thats not apply to an old big shark! :D xxx

his game is up he dosent care about the rulles that new players play. they dont play by the laws ok! :D

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course there are situations when you can discard a good hand before starting to get into prizes but not a stackable premium hand like aces

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the logic, if someone plays with intuition, they are bingo players, for example, if someone has the intuition, that he won with 23rd, and calls to see the flop, and the flop is A45, and he wins chips But that doesn't mean he played well, he just had luck in one hand.

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think years of logic breeds intuition...

W

Wannabepro61

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is 80% logic,20% intuition.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly logic but sometimes a bit of tuition but they work together too. If someone shoves a lot of hands you deduce their range is loose and a lot of the shoves are not good, but even so you may still use intuition to judge when to call based on your logic. Do they not normally shove early for instance? Sometimes you do get a feeling that's its the wrong time to call but largely you want to base your decisions on logic.

Salamoto

Salamoto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I think both! But sometimes it hurt eachother!
As I understood, it depends on where u are playing?
eg: if in Tournament, then you have to play with intuituon, so when you reach highest place, you have to turn to LOGIC and do not be mad or kind a greed )))

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's deffinetly logical calculation. Sometimes you can trust in intuition for fun but it's not profesional and you shouldn't do it very often

Detr1st

Detr1st

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logic is better

There is no doubt that intuition is an important thing and sometimes we want to give in to it, follow our gut. But still, a good poker player is characterized by coolness and logic, and intuition can play a trick on you. In General, it is better to follow logic, and use intuition only in the most critical and special cases

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Logic

I use more logic in my poker playing.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Logica

Good morning everyone.
Logic or intuition?
In my opinion it is quite logical and a little bit of intuition.
Poker is a game of information, the more information about the villain you have the greater the chances of your decision being logical, the intuition I use very little, when in doubt is fold.
I'm studying a lot about pot odds, which makes my decisions a lot easier, this odds calculator has helped me a lot, excellent tool.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing is patience. If you fold the bad hands preflop and even the ok hands when somebody has raised or you are in a bad position, the good hands will win you money. You need a little logic and a little intuition too, but those are not where most people fall short.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logic

I have been playing for more than 15 years and have come across many times a situation where intuition is more important than logic. This is especially important when you are one step away from the prize group or the final table. More than once I had to make sure that I had to go all inn with 7 and 2 and fold with two aces.

I will be glad to see your comments on this topic.

Logic always comes first, but then you have to intuitively fish out those bluffs. I've caught so many people bluffing me recently by making calls I normally don't. It's in the manner they bet. You can fish out those draws that didn't pan out. I called a guy yesterday who made a big preflop bet. The flop was 4-7-10. I had J-4. He made another aggressive bet on the turn, which I called, after the river he bet half his stack. I hesitated but called him. I had a pair of 4's and he had AK suited which didn't pair. That felt good. Although it doesn't always turn out that way.