What is more poker for you, logic or intuition?

C

Chingiz1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for more than 15 years and have come across many times a situation where intuition is more important than logic. This is especially important when you are one step away from the prize group or the final table. More than once I had to make sure that I had to go all inn with 7 and 2 and fold with two aces.

I will be glad to see your comments on this topic.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Logic ever. If you need a doctor, would you like he cares you by logic or intuition? We have to treat our money well, he doesn't accept to be disrespected.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, first of all, logic and cold calculation, and you can exercise your strength of intuition in freerolls where you don’t pay your money. I wish good luck at the table so that logic and intuition are at their best. Sincerely, Sergey.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for more than 15 years and have come across many times a situation where intuition is more important than logic. This is especially important when you are one step away from the prize group or the final table. More than once I had to make sure that I had to go all inn with 7 and 2 and fold with two aces.

i see why your prefer intuition over logic, because what you have said in the bolded part is absolutely stupid.

but i think your 'intuition' might be you giving yourself way too much credit for -ev plays that worked out in your favor. at least for the example you've provided.

Last edited:
F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say Logic. Sometimes you will not be able to distinguish between the voice of your wish and the voice of intuition, so in that case go for safer one put you own logic and analyze what is good for you, let me give you one example of my own life

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the logic always prevails, but you can use a little bit of intuition from the moment you understand how the other player is playing

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for over 10 years and have found it very important to combine logic and intuition. This is the best option for a good result.

C

Chingiz1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Spasibo vsem za aktivnoye uchastiye v moyey teme. V tselom ya soglasen so vsemi, no blizhe mne otvet Viti. Togda mne interesno priblizitel'no skol'ko raz storonniki logiki v svoyey praktike pasovali s dvumya tuzami i shli vabank s 72? Osobenno v shage ot prizovoy gruppy ili final'nogo stola. Takoye oshchushcheniye chto vy absolyutno ne verite v blef partnerov po stolu. Vsem udachi.

Развернуть

Thanks for your active participation in my topic. In general, I agree with everyone, but infonazar’s answer is closer to me.
Then I wonder to ask you about how many times the supporters of logic in their practice fold with two aces and put all inn with 72? Especially one step away from the prize group or the final table? It seems that you absolutely do not believe in bluffing partners on the table.

Good luck to all.

C

Chingiz1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your active participation in my topic. In general, I agree with everyone, but infonazars’s answer is closer to me.
Then I wonder to ask about how many times the supporters of logic in their practice fold with two aces and go all inn with 72? Especially one step away from the prize group or the final table. It seems that you absolutely do not believe in bluffing partners on the table.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then I wonder to ask about how many times the supporters of logic in their practice fold with two aces and go all inn with 72? Especially one step away from the prize group or the final table. It seems that you absolutely do not believe in bluffing partners on the table.

Good luck to all.
this is absolutely terrible.

folding aces and going all-in with 27 isn't logic or intuition, it's stupid. just really, really stupid and completely unnecessary. all this is is making bad decisions for the sake of making a bad decision, just so you can brag about how you make bad decisions.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker needs intuition and logic, it is impossible to win without one of these qualities:)

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the logic always is the way to go because behind every action there is a logical thinking not to you but also to the opponent , but you can use a little bit of intuition from the moment you understand how the other player is playing and what's his own logic as every mind has it's own ways

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition or luck often helps me win. If I only played by logic or the odds of the Bank, I would always lose. Poker likes the bold.

tagog

tagog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we need both logic and intuition to predict the course of the enemy

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
logic leads you to the river, intuition helps you decide how deep in the water you want to go.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before everything poker is a Mathematical sport.. once we understand that it's preatty clear tha playing with the odds on your favor is best. Of course the more experienced you are the easier it is to catch the villain intuitively. But firstly, logic wins

Cheers

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC intuition :hmmmm2:

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is more math than intuition. You must calculate your pot odds, EV. Tons of mathematics that's why I love poker because I am mathematician :D

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Logic and intuition, both of these factors are very important. But still, I am more inclined to think that a player's skills are crucial.

brains12341

brains12341

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant choose one or the other here. I think the situation will differ varied upon the situation and the player you are up against. Logical thinking can make you lose your entire stack against the wrong player. Intuition can do the same. I believe that you should always try to apply both, but the real skill is knowing what situation to apply more intuition than logic and what situation to apply more logic than intuition. For example, at the wsop main event every year, and i mean every single year, when it gets closer to the final table alot of players abandon the logic of calling all ins preflop with monster hands like KK or QQ, some would even fold AA against multiple callers who have them covered. That is going against logical playing, its being intuitive and smart and preservative playing. but early in any tournament, logic dictates that you make a call preflop all in with KK or QQ, alot of pros would say early in tournaments, those hands play themselves. Some pros like Daniel have on occasion abandoned all forms of preflop all ins in WSOP early game except for AA. like i said its a mixture and knowing when to apply what balance of the mixture is the crucial skill part.
Might be long but just sharing my experience, hope it helps someone.

V

vasiliiterkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
70 percents logic and 30 percents intuition. I think so.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Deductive reasoning, critical thinking/problem solving, probability, macro level strategic thinking.

These are the "modes" of thinking that I can classify neatly with words; which attempt to describe my style of play.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a combination of everything) and logic, and intuition, and excitement with experience)))

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure where I fall, I use a lot of math when I play. Percentages and so forth.