What is more poker for you, logic or intuition?

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, I think 90% logic, which you call intuition, I would call it luck, which is the remaining 10%. :D

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me rather is logic, mathematics. And intuition rarely helps. And for me it is good. She certainly never interferes. But it is better to hope for your logic

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
We can say that you start with logic, but intuition is needed too. A combination of two is the ideal. Logic is something specific and intuition is something metaphysical.

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
80% math, 20% Intuition depending on how deeply you get to know certain players. Sometimes you get good, strong reads on people and completely forget about the math.

A

abbershey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is card flow intuition ?

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Logic why you do that? I don't know, I don't know"
Way more Logic but you need your intuition to tell if you should play after some personal issues or negclet your stop loss avoiding tilting...

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! As for me, I try combine logic and intuition by possibility, so try to observe the "golden mean", but...
still I listen more by my intuition at every moment in the game... And often I win, when I follow for my intuition...:cool:
But unfortunately I'm not always follow my intuition yet...:rolleyes: But I hope, that in futute will better!..:)
P.S. "The Hope dies last!..":star:

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely logic. A lot of logic and counting... logic and calminess then i am in winning mode. When i know that i have to fold AA if i am not winning the game, then i am good.

G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s best to play by logic because intuition is difficult to recognize, is it she or just emotions. I advise everyone to play wisely. Don't play by feelings.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is very hard to put into words how I feel about a particular hand, but I was in a heads up situation once where the other player was playing very aggressive and I was getting sick of being bullied and pushed around.
I was dealt K 3 of clubs in one such hand and he pushed all-in, I called and turned over my hand he was stunned and sat there grinning he had the A K off suit and I said "I have a gut feeling about this hand" Flop, Turn, bricked for both of us, I hit the 3 on the river and he was shocked, "always trust your gut" I said.
A little later He raised on me in another hand and I thought he was stealing so I 3 bet with K Q of Diamonds and he pushed again, this time my gut said fold I wished I had followed my own advice as he held pocket Kings and took me out.
Mind you, the flop came A K Q and it would be impossible for me to do anything but shove all-in with 2 pair.
Gut, Intuition, call it what you want, it works!

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is half and half, which means sometimes I rely on intuition but sometimes on logic.

meser09

meser09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a combination of logic and intuition. logic works for a while, but there may be situations where logic has nothing to do and you have to rely on ... intuition!

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I truly believe that when it comes to a big desition you have to go with your first instinct but when it comes to poker, you have to be able to take that desition based on your own experience so, in other words, your instinct develops your logic during the time you play poker, so the more you play, the better your instinct becomes; and the better your instinct becomes, the more you can rely on it.

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your logic and your instinct improves a lot when you dedicate yourself to the study of poker ... Then you add a lot of luck and BAWWW

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me , we use both of them for the win.
Its better to follow your logic but its also good to trust your instinct. All poker player during tournament take lot of decision , they make choice. Sometimes its a mistake , and sometimes not. You cannot play only by logic... or you depends of the cards. You can change the games with your instinct and take advantage with your feelings if its good.:dancing2:

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly logical. But I confess that sometimes I get carried away by intuitions

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In fact, i believe both senses are important. Sometimes some intuition is really important to identify an opponents bluff in that moment you need to increase your stack.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
inclination...

In my opinion, the most correct thing would be to use logic, which is the one I am most inclined to, since on the other hand, which is intuition, it is more linked to that of being lucky, which only favors a rank of one. 30%:p;):D

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't just choose one. I think you need both for poker and other things.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of question is asked alot. Logic and Stats/Math are the basis of the game. But, that said, Knowledge of the players at your table will work to your advantage when the hard decisions have to be made. Is he bluffing or does he have the goods!

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under the influence of alcohol it is better not to rely on logic, so I play on intuition.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too!
I also prefer trust my intuition...
Usually (70%) it works)
But in all situation I try to count all options and use logic.
I have good intuition in any sphere of my life for all my life,and I thing it's not for everyone....(

crazydogg666

crazydogg666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first logic, intuition appears during the game, when you begin to understand your opponents.