What is more important to you in poker?

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many factors in poker that are important for some players and others who minimize these factors and think that another factor is more important than the previous one, for example I think that experience is better than luck, that knowing how to play is better than the odds , that knowing your opponent is more important than the intuition you feel for how the opponent is playing. And for you, what is the most important thing in poker?

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Perhaps most important to me is the ability to analyze my game and learn from mistakes. I believe that introspection is the key to developing and improving my skills.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I would say flow of the game. Integrity and fairness of the game. I like a challenge and I love to gain insight from those top tier players of the game. Be able to tell who really knows how to play the game vs the weekend warriors and hoping to learn from them.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the little experience I have, I think being able to read your opponent is crucial to winning. You can have 72os and win if you know how to read the other player.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To have fun probably, because I can read the cards and the table pretty easy now so its about getting to see more cards and having fun getting beat or giving some beatings..lol I think once you can read everything fast quickly and smoothly and having fun, that's when you realize a loss isn't nothing and getting back at it and crushing it is a real good feeling. Good luck :D

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To find joy -- which is slightly different than having fun. Fun is sensual, joy is spiritual and comes with the growth, the relationships, and the time well spent.

I

intheline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a recreational player I enjoy the fun that poker provides as I love to get distracted when there is a problem and just forget about it and focus on poker.
Of course if we make some money that's even more amazing, but I'm here for the fun.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most important things are patience to wait the right time to play and discipline to follow your bankroll management.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What is more important in poker may be simply learning from your previous hand wins and losses from your hand histories, then understanding how to benefit from the information to improve your game.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What I find most important is how you process and learn from the results. That is, that you differentiate between whether you won luckily or whether you played well. To do this, the focus should be away from short-term results and more towards fundamentals.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course knowing what you are doing is better than luck (only) . lol . if you play by hoping for luck only then you will not be a sucessful player at all

for me the most important things in poker are :

- reading abilities

- tilt management

- bankroll management

- patience

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
And for you, what is the most important thing in poker?
Staying humble. People don't care how much you won in the past or your expectations of how a game should go ... I believe it's heavily important to treat every poker game as if it were your first.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to rely in the game on everything that can point me to the right actions. Nothing is overriding.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A fast and right recognition of every player's style at the table.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first, having fun, then knowing how to play hands properly in order to obtain proportional gains to it.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very impirtant thing for me is that when I play tournaments that I dont have bad luck by losing on very strong hands,Also that tournaments are not playing too long I love turbo and pko type od tournaments.

A

andreyfrost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotions. When you calculate the probabilities, when you manage to deceive other players. It is very nice.
I haven't won big prizes, but I'm sure that's also very nice. But for now, it's enough for me to get positive emotions from poker.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the most important thing to do well in poker is knowing when to lose and when to win without getting emotionally shaken or getting carried away by ecstasy. Keeping mental balance and control of game techniques is very important.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me the most important thing in poker is that I don't care if I win or lose but I did my best. And I know I still have a lot to learn to get better. Of course, like everyone else, I would like to win, but if it shouldn't be, the only question that arises for me is whether or not I did something wrong. It has also happened that I had won a tournament and I wasn't at all happy with myself because I had seen that although I had won, I had made too many mistakes. My goal is to make as few mistakes as possible when playing poker, but since I'm not ready yet, I play for fun and I hope to get a little better every time.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My good mood is important to me. If I am in a good mood, I am always patient and thanks to patience I have good results. If I have a bad mood, I don't even start playing.

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to everyone who answered my question, everyone has their point of view and it is valid we all have a different way of seeing things and seeing poker, I appreciate each response and I hope to hear all your points of view.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Experience and patience are very important to me as well as the willingness to learn and to read more about poker. This helps to improve your poker skills.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many factors in poker that are important for some players and others who minimize these factors and think that another factor is more important than the previous one, for example I think that experience is better than luck, that knowing how to play is better than the odds , that knowing your opponent is more important than the intuition you feel for how the opponent is playing. And for you, what is the most important thing in poker?
For me it's concentration and mindset.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most important thing in poker is emotional management and execution

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is just a game.I think that for every normal person, the aspects of life are much more important than poker or any other entertainment.and if you live only by poker, then this is already a vicious circle.)