What is more difficult to manage a win or a loss?

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With victory, it is very easy to manage the poker game. I know how to manage and like it a lot. And enjoy. With a defeat is very complicated. With a defeat, only patience comforts me.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with what The Great One said in his biography The Great One.

Success is Tougher To Beat Than Failure Jackie Gleason

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's and interesting thought however maybe how to view would be better to focus on the balance of playing, managing, and discipline. In all honesty I struggle with bankroll management as well, but I think if you could find the right balance. This could make a big difference in the long run of your poker progression

K

Keslerkarter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth is that you can learn how to manage your game better with learning from a loss more than a win. Lol the river will teach you that

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think defeat is harder to manage

Perhaps I misunderstood the question.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello without a doubt the best thing is to win. There I better analyze the key moves to win. when I lose I feel terrible especially when I lose with those incredible hands that are in pokerstars

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a lot of the time losses are more valuable because they can be learning experiences.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
thanks, very informative

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think you need to be able to handle both of them.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, this is poker. If you wins all the time, it loses its enthusiasm

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, sometimes, more difficult to manage with loss...

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think both you learn but they are different lessons. When we win we need to know how to continue and continue without wanting to win a lot in a short time. And when we lose we have to try to find out where we got wrong to improve in the next attempt and so on

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on the mode, in fast money you go because you are sure that you will win by putting your bankroll, however when you play frerroll you know that the chances of losing are much greater.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a similar effect. After losing, I become more disciplined.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The salient point isn’t ‘which is more difficult’ but rather both have pitfalls/pros and cons.

There are positives to be found in losses (if one is willing and able to look for them) and negatives to be found in wins (if one is not careful).

Which seems like either a dichotomy or how you perceive and react is paramount… :)

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
People don't know how to handle losses.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't know what is more difficult to overcome a win or a loss. I often feel that it should be a loss, but after a loss I try to play more carefully and responsibly, and with that loss my game improves and I limit my losses, but after a win it's the opposite, I play more risky and suddenly I'm in the red. How is it with you?
I am the same... Both have their traps, But knowing this I am more careful when I win.... And I try to also learn valuable lessons from victories because even when I win I make mistakes.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Ultimately both winning and losing require discipline and emotional intelligence to manage effectively. It's important to stay level-headed and focused on making the best decisions possible, regardless of the outcome.

nachopaulo19

nachopaulo19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a winning and losing limit on the day, and I try not to go over that limit, because it's very easy to want to play a lot more when you're winning and end up losing, and it's also very easy for you to have a losing streak and try to recover and end up breaking.

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Making changes and improvements to your poker game from a winning perspective is always a better choice. In poker, it's not just about having good cards, it's about making the right decisions based on the information available. As a winning player, you have the advantage of being able to analyze your game and identify areas that need improvement. By making changes and adjustments to your strategy, you can stay ahead of the competition and increase your chances of winning.

On the other hand, if you approach the game from a losing perspective and are unwilling to make changes, you'll continue to struggle and may even find yourself in a downward spiral. Making changes and improvements may require you to step out of your comfort zone and challenge your current beliefs and habits. But by doing so, you open yourself up to new possibilities and opportunities for growth.

M

MCQUITAV02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
For me the most difficult are the loss

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Both situations must be taken seriously, most of the time we fail to manage them properly and the unwanted results show their face

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Managing losses is important because emotions can sometimes get the better of you. It's not uncommon to react impulsively, such as hitting the table, and then experience a string of 4-7 consecutive losses without any positive results. This can be mentally challenging and make it difficult to stay composed.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A loss for me definently, because maintaing yourself during winning times is pretty easy for me, since I never bet my money on poker, only on freerolls. When you are constantly losing, the game just becomes much more boring in your eyes, it becomes too slow. For example, when Im on a losing streak, I play every hand like its my last. Even when I dont play hands like that, I dont even have the motivation to continue playing and calculating my odds throughout the hand.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know what is more difficult to overcome a win or a loss. I often feel that it should be a loss, but after a loss I try to play more carefully and responsibly, and with that loss my game improves and I limit my losses, but after a win it's the opposite, I play more risky and suddenly I'm in the red. How is it with you?
In reference to the game of poker, it is true that losses hurt.
But the fundamental factor is knowing how to understand the variance.
In general, you have times of very good streaks and others not so much.
For me the error is located in the following for what you count.
If you, before a victory, understand that taking risks is something positive, that is a mistake, and here I mean the bankroll of each one.
For example, if you play an MTT in which you finish 1st, you win $400 and therefore you already understand that you must play the Sunday Millions, there you are in serious trouble.
This is about playing in the limits to which we can access from our bankroll, without the need to be thinking if or if in a victory, or thinking if or if in a defeat that can complicate us.
That way playing without economic pressures, that helps you make better decisions in the game.
For example, if you are playing MTT of $2 and your bankroll is $200, and you are in a bubble with a good ITM and you have, for example, KK in hand, before an allin, if you are tight because you need enter yes or yes in the ITM maybe you do not play that hand and wait, given the possibility that the villain can win the hand. On the other hand, if you are in the situation of a good bankroll, then you play the hand without problems. In the latter case you will lose, and tomorrow you will play another similar MTT.
I hope I made myself understand well brother.
Greetings:):):)