What is more difficult to manage a win or a loss?

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I don't know what is more difficult to overcome a win or a loss. I often feel that it should be a loss, but after a loss I try to play more carefully and responsibly, and with that loss my game improves and I limit my losses, but after a win it's the opposite, I play more risky and suddenly I'm in the red. How is it with you?

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to keep my strategy regardless of loss or win. If you are trying to play the long term you must not behave impulsively. For me it seems to me the only right way to do

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You should try and develop your game in a way that you are not thinking only about $won and $lost. If you play for a long time, and have a strong game, you will be profitable. We all have a "nice" win and we also have periods of downswings, but that don't define what time of player you are...always think about playing your A game and try to develop a strong strategy that works for you.

Managing a win or a loss is based on the player discipline and power to overcome swings (good ones and bad ones), that is why you should always have a plan of what you want. It's easy to think after you won a "big" tournament that you are good poker player and unstoppable, but without a plan I will guarantee you will loose all of that pretty quickly (speaking from experience ). When you lose you have nothing to do but improve (if you want to change something ), so it's normal to try and play a little better and try to win something. The secret is consistency and discipline.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always try to play cool and accept defeat or win with dignity. The result of the game gives me only experience and indicates my mistakes

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, it's hard to overcome a defeat and even more to be in the final table, a victory is not overcome but is celebrated.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's overcome a bad loss, like to lose an important tournament or a big cash game hand to a bad hand. I had tilt problems before and there were times that after a bad beat I begun to chase my losses and it's always a bad idea.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A loss is much harder to manage. Emotionally and financially speaking. Win, otherwise, is easier... only some adjustament of mindset is nedded.

Is like being rich and poor, what is easy to manage? Being poor is harder, of course.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion that the win is harder to manage ...the loses it is simple you stop when you lose your bankroll , but to manage the win is extremly hard because you wnat to play more and more and more , thinking that you are going to win more , but in the end you end up losing the win you harly worked to win :)))

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know what is more difficult to overcome a win or a loss. I often feel that it should be a loss, but after a loss I try to play more carefully and responsibly, and with that loss my game improves and I limit my losses, but after a win it's the opposite, I play more risky and suddenly I'm in the red. How is it with you?
Everything is stable with me. I always play patiently, I don't play with junk, I don't rush and because of that my bankroll grows steadily. For me, stability always comes first :)

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
As they well said, a victory is celebrated, defeats hurt when you have your hands completely won and suddenly on the turn and river the rival comes out... so it hurts to lose!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I take it normal, the important thing is to play, have fun, as I always say, I like to test my opponents sometimesit works other no, ie poker, live don't play

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Actually playing poker is a continuous stream of mathematical calculations. Each calculation results in a "Yes" or "No" answer to an action to be taken immediately. The main enemy of a poker player is excitement - this is an axiom known to every novice player. The game is played not with oneself, but with many players who are subject to emotions and experiences at any given time.Study not only mathematical calculations, but the psychological component of the game.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Defeat is the most difficult to manage because you can do many things that are not thought through.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
when you have a lot of wins, you should play more carefully, which is very difficult for many people with a lot of chips to play very often and lose all their chips. Well, when you lose, you are already afraid of making a mistake, you need more aggression with two strong cards, which is also often not a problem for many people so here the answer is 50 to 50

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe in the middle ground, when you win you don't think you're the best player and when you lose you don't think you're the worst!

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think my play has anything to do with wins or losses. I try to be plan-oriented rather than results oriented. By that, I mean -- I can lose a game, but if I think I made the right plays, especially upon review, then I'm happy and my game will continue in much the same way as before. Similarly, if I've won, but have really only done so after getting lucky after makiong bad decisions, then, no, I'm not going to go out and pretend I am some sort of poker prodigy and splkash chips.

However, I am significantly impacted by my mood and that can be quite variable. I can get very splashy and a bit of a call-station sometimes.

When I'm "playing my game" some might find that indistinguishable from splashy and call-station like, but it is more about outs at that point. I'm perfectly happy to continue with a hhand that is not the best going in when I have lots of outs for a monster and villain has lots of chips (ie don't chase straights and flushes when villain ain't got the cips to pay you off).

If you get in enough volume of poker games, then the losses can quickly bne ignored (again, as long as you played well) and you just move on.

But I have a rule generally, if I lose three in a row, I need to stop and review...or just stop.

All the best.
JT

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
We must try to play the right way. In this case, even losing won't be disappointing. If there was no mistake, then there is no reason to resent math. Accordingly, this situation can be overcome without consequences. And winning is always nice.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is false confidence, it's normal for us to risk more and less in the phases we live in poker, in the good times we are more encouraged, and, in the bad ones, more fearful, so my advice to you, friend, is to always try to make the best move possible within your knowledge and this will take away that burden of dependence on trust, always try to study and stay close to people committed to poker and who have the ambition to improve the game even more.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I'm just like you, when I cash a big amount, I try to risk a little more, to the point that I lose that profit, but I'm trying to find a game mode that I can master, without a HUD it's a bit difficult to play 4 tables at the same time.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I did not notice that my game somehow changed after losing or winning!!! I know that many players after winning feel like a superman and are ready to risk more with a marginal hand and at the same time increase the limit by playing against their own bankroll !!! Unfortunately, this is a very common mistake of many players and it is up to you to decide whether you are a victim or a hunter !!!

P

P0kka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me a significant win is more difficult to deal with. I play with very tight bankroll and losses are a part of the game, but if I win a significantly greater amount than normally I need to calm down a little.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is logic in this, when you are at the table in the chip leaders, you are not afraid to lose a few big blinds and take risks, and when the stack is small, a disciplined game turns on:)

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, excellent question. In my opinion, it is more difficult for players to manage the losing phase, poker is a game that you have to play without pressure to win and studying and practicing the results comes naturally, I already played with this pressure to make money and I ended up making decisions bad, always play within the limit that does not affect your bankroll in case of a loss. Managing a high gain is also not an easy task, if the player does not have this bankroll management knowledge, there are videos on youtube talking about several players, which later after winning a high prize pool, they started to play much more expensive and lost everything and today they are very negative. Even if you win a high amount in some mtt, because you won a ticket or satellite, keep playing on the ABI, you are profitable and go up little by little, don't try to skip steps, play smart.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

"What is more difficult to manage a win or a loss?"​

Loss, cuz more than manage your game (chips), you got to manage your brain.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As for me, losing is harder to survive, because after it there can be a deposit, then another one, and then another