What makes poker exciting for you?

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beauty of poker is that we don't know our opponents' cards.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
winning, winning is always exciting

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the mathematical calculation incomplete, the luck of the weakest sometimes wins

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, what excites me most is getting to the final table, because the goal is close.
for me, it's the adrenaline, the action of the game and the arrival in the money zone (ITM)

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
A lot of emotions come into poker that often cause conflicting emotions and raise the adrenaline, but that it is an exciting game, it definitely is. What I don't like is getting angry but most of the time it's unavoidable when I'm faced with strange plays, of course I should get used to it since I play at low levels and it's quite normal for them to do that

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
uncertainty makes poker exciting when even the highest odds of winning a hand don't guarantee that win.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Uncertainty, you do not know if you can win, there is faith and hope for victory.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello guys!

Poker is an exciting game due to a combination of factors including skill, strategy, luck and psychology. Unlike purely luck-based games like roulette or slot machines, poker requires a deep understanding of mathematical and strategic concepts, allowing players to use their skill and experience to influence the outcome of the game.

One of the main factors that make poker exciting is the unpredictability of the game. Even the most experienced players can be surprised by an unexpected card, a well-executed bluff, or an unexpected turn of events. This means that even when a player is behind, there is still the possibility to come back and win the hand. In addition, the possibility of a large financial gain increases the excitement of the game, making it even more exciting.

Another exciting factor of poker is the psychology involved in the game. Players need to be aware of their own facial expressions, tone of voice and body language, as well as that of their opponents, to determine whether they are being fooled or can fool their opponents. This adds an extra layer of challenge and excitement to the game as players try to read and manipulate each other to their advantage.

Plus, the social nature of poker can also make it exciting. The game can be played in groups, making it an opportunity to interact and have fun with friends or acquaintances. Friendly competition can create an exciting and fun atmosphere, and players can feel excited when testing their skills against others.

Ultimately, the strategic nature of poker is one of the main factors that make it exciting. Players need to be able to think quickly and make decisions under pressure, evaluating their own and opponents' cards, bet sizes and the current state of the game. The ability to play well is a source of great satisfaction for many players, and the thrill of playing well and winning is one of the main reasons many people continue to play poker.

In summary, the combination of skill, strategy, luck and psychology makes poker an exciting and challenging game. The unpredictability of the game, the possibility of huge financial gains, the psychology involved, the social nature and strategic nature of the game are all factors that contribute to the excitement of poker.

GL

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This answer is VERY multi leveled for me!!!
My first rush comes with still being in the game when late entry ends (in MTT games)
Second rush is being there with more chips than I started with.
Third rush is beating certain people (really good players or really rude/ignorant players especially) at the table (on tables where I play the same people often, like CC freerolls).
Fourth rush is making the $$$$$$.... this is always a big part of the game for me and I will work my butt off to get to this stage of the game.
Fifth rush is making Final Table......
Sixth is that huge rush of being heads up.
and of course the ultimate rush of WINNING........ That emotion of being so hyped up that you can't sit in your chair and you need to stand up and walk around.
Inside of these 7 things are smaller rushes, like getting a good read on a certain player and using it to your advantage or even getting stupid lucky and winning a hand you should not have won.... oh and making a really good bluff is of course a great feeling.

GREAT question and great comments.....

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Playing in a tournament, entering in the money is exciting. Then, as the circle tightens, the tables gets less and less, more exciting.
Then you are so excited hoping to go the final table. Then, if you reach it, the excitement goes very high. And so on

P

peruangonz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
In poker everybody can win and enter to an tournament without being recognized o famous poker it´s democracy

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, what excites me most is getting to the final table, because the goal is close.
The chance to win money is what makes poker so exciting. I do not present a poker game with conditional chips. Poker can only be played for real money.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
the situation that I get in :) and the decision making , this is what I like the most ...of course as long the decisions are corect :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unpredictability is a feature of poker)

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The unpredictability of poker.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The challenge of beating my opponents when I get a playable hand. Hoping the probabilities go my way. Playing and betting strategically to maximize my EV. Out-thinking my opponents.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The focus and atention that is required to play for hours,its probably very good to the brain
God bless

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker becomes captivating for me because I'm constantly learning something new. Even after 10 years of playing poker, I still discover something fresh and exciting.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, what makes poker exciting is the strategic depth and unpredictability of the game. The mental challenge of outwitting opponents, the adrenaline rush of making bold moves, and the potential for big wins all combine to create an exhilarating and captivating experience.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The feeling when I win a tournament. Too bad it doesn't happen very often

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think what makes it attractive is winning knowing that you depend on all your decisions, and that the same hand that wins today loses tomorrow.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Honestly, the thing I like the most in poker is the unpredictability of the game- I know this isn't something most pros and/ or the players that are only results/profit oriented like, but to recreational and some other players that love the game, it's nice to see that even if you make the wrong play, you can still hit your small equity and win- especially if it's a really low equity, that feeling after winning is quite nice :) * like a few days ago when Doug Polk hit a 2-outer on the river and he went for a 'crazy' celebration(QQ>KK all-in pre and Doug hit a Q on the river)... I mean even pros show emotions when this things happen and IMO this is what makes poker fun and makes most people play it long term...