What if your wife hates poker ,what will you do ?

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even Pair

I like it a lot, but I do my housework, and in the evening I combine it to read a book, something and I have a few hours to escape. I think there are a lot of players in my situation.:D
Love it! Your view is great! I take care of Family first (feelings, emotions, concerns and chores; I even do dishes, sweep and mop). I spend prime time with wife and children, then I focus on a game. GOD bless you. Now, go get'em!

I

IAO31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if your friend plays responsibly, then poker is just another activity,
or even a profession. But, if your friend is a recreational gamer who loses
a lot of money per month, then he is hurting the family economy. I would also be angry if it were the second case. On the other hand, he cannot deny his family the time they deserve just to
play, unless of course he is a professional player and his economy depends
on poker.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had once girlfriend who hated poker so we argued a lot because of that and I think it was one reason why we break up.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Become a billionaire and buy another woman.
when you become billionaire she will be the perfect one ,cause she will tell you dont sleep anymore just play poker and i will go shopping

My wife, bless her heart, does not like poker, football or things like that. She does like thriftstores, Goodwills, and yardsales. What I do is play freerolls and build a bankroll and play on that. Sometimes I get frustrated 'cause the freerolls sometimes come at inopportune times and I lose. One day she surprised me and put money in for me! Just when you think! She saw how the freeroll timing was affecting my performance and that I would quietly walk away defeated time and again; so, she fixed it. Sometimes if you just push on with what you got, you might get further than you really expected. GOD bless you. Now, go get'em!
where is your wife from ? this planet ?:D:D:D

My wife once gave me an ultimatum:

"You will have to choose poker or me"

I still miss her.
hahahahhahahah:hahaha:

my wife goes on depression every time i play poker .
so i got her anti depression pills

Last edited by a moderator:
poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The short answer is to keep playing, but it is very bad when your partner does not respect your interests. Of course, if your friend does not lose all the money and leaves time to communicate with his girlfriend.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! I can to say only an one at present time: I haven't problems with my wife
(also as and with my children), when I play in Poker...:cool: Because my wife doing own cases, my children doing own,
I'm do own...:cool: And nobody interferes :motz:in cases and personal space each other... Full freedom and divide. That's all!
And together we all celebrate as need New Year, Birthdays, and other family holidays! And this same I wish Everyone!;):)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ?
what will you do if you were him ?
Get a new wife.

Lol @ "it's like cheating with another girl" :rofl:

:bandit:

I am not ever going to have a wife, but if someone told me I can't play poker, I will point to the door and say "you know where the door is!" and "don't let it hit your arse on the way out!"

Honestly though, if someone did tell me I can't play poker, they wouldn't mean they are not allowing me to play, they would mean, I can't play because I suck at it :D
Never say never, never is a very long time, you may change your mind one day.;)

:D

Last edited:
pykubepx111

pykubepx111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good question))) if poker was the only income in the family she would understand)

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let's be honest with ourselves. if you spend all your free time on poker, forgetting about real life, or poker eats all your money - maybe the problem is not in your wife but in you?
for me, my wife loves poker. maybe more than i love him

J

jele19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife does not really like poker but it is not really a problem. She has not to like everything that I like. I think its good that everyone has some hobbies for themselves.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
My wife does not really like poker but it is not really a problem. She has not to like everything that I like. I think its good that everyone has some hobbies for themselves.
I agree, my missus doesn't have to like my sheep husbandry hobby.

Baaaabara gif

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ?
what will you do if you were him ?
Hello dany.
Is she like that for religious reasons?
Is it money issues?
If not he should be honest and tell her he’s playing

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello dany.
Is she like that for religious reasons?
Is it money issues?
If not he should be honest and tell her he’s playing
I think its money issue. And shes the type always nagging

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My last girlfriend was so excited about my hobby so I have to teach her how to play :D

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will teach her to play poker. :) Or I will continue to play further in poker. Especially I will play more to interest her. :)

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it depends if she wanted him to stop because it was a problem or not.

magik9118

magik9118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My girlfriend dont like it too,i have To play when she is working 😎

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would hope you would find out this deal breaker before you tied the knot. But either you're a man or you're a simp. Unless you have a problem what valid reason is there ? Thirty plus years of marriage may not qualify me as an expert but I have a lot of experience in the subject. Some things you give, some you compromise and some you by god stand your ground.

NINTENDO777

NINTENDO777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't care that much if she will have problems with that, I'll tell her to keep it to herself and leave if she doesn't like something. If I marry, I am going to be the man in the family and she won't be anything that can forbid me doing something. However, I do not plan to marry anytime soon as I'm still young and not interested in a serious relationship, haha, I like to play with the girls, you know? A lot of girls...

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My girlfriend hates poker, we go for walks and talk about things, gets her out of the house. I ask her what she likes , doing while I play poker. She loves shopping so I give , her money to do just that. Works out for me , we both do what we want. Happy girlfriend, happy life. Lol

P

Perihelion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife hates me playing poker because of gambling issues in the past within her family.

The way I explain it is that the same price I would spend on a new AAA video game, I will get many more hours out of poker while I play micro MTTs and micro S & G and it is true. I played a $1.10 MTT the other day and it took me 4.5 hours of playtime and in the end I won $1.86 (woohoo). Some brand new games are over after 20 hours. That plus the fact I genuinely don't have time to play a lot with 2 children and my work so she is alright about it.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your spouse really hates you playing poker, here are a few options:
1. Call their bluff.
2. Go all in.
3. Explain what a "bad beat" really means? ;)

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck for her.
Poker 100%.
I'm back ladies. :D

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank God my wife loves poker, especially because in this quarantine we pay the rent thanks to poker