What if your wife hates poker ,what will you do ?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honest discussion is the key here. Hating something and not doing it is ok if you are alone but in relationship balance is needed.

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wife and poker things are incompatible) But in fact, I think if a girl has become your wife, then she should accept you as you are and not interfere with what you want to do

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't like my husband gambling when we first met, he was playing semi-professionally when we met... After watching him play all of the time, I realized there's a big long term skill factor. 15 years later and I now think it's a great talent of his and encourage him to play.

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it a lot, but I do my housework, and in the evening I combine it to read a book, something and I have a few hours to escape. I think there are a lot of players in my situation.:D

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would consider divorce: D

Seriously, a longer discussion could help here, I would explain that it is my passion and I cannot forbid it.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife is angry when I play poker for a long time in the evenings, I try to play not every evening so that she does not get angry.:)

K

Kenfoldem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My answer is quite simple, but this only applies if playing poker does not interfere with financial obligations being taken care of. Most of us have played poker before they were married. How this topic never came up while dating means both of you did not share enough about each other. Poker is so pure. It has its ups and downs but the constant is being pure like no other game. My wife didn’t want me playing either, I am 65 years old and she said this about 5 years ago. I gave her a simple answer. As your husband why would you want me to stop playing something I enjoy very much. I have never nor will stop you from anything that makes you happy, life is short and gets shorter each day. So never ever fold into the wife, unless it’s because of financial reasons, then she has every right.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Unfortunately, I am still single, there are no women in my town who know poker, so what about playing it? One day I find my partner sure she loves poker

C

Chachaboy1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to try to teach my future wife how to play. But I’m afraid because she is extremely competitive and a bad beat isn’t a turn on before bed.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ?
what will you do if you were him ?
"Your friend" is doing through the wrong way. In relationships each couple make their own terms, but in my opinion freedom, respect, honestly and tolerancy to each other. I think you have negotiate with her to keep playing and compensate by other way.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ?
what will you do if you were him ?

But a person can't just hate something. So there is a reason for her hatred. Maybe she herself had a negative experience. Just talk and find out what the reason is. Some people hate life - but it's not just that. So in this case, I think. And if he's a winning player, let him show her the money, and she'll be happy.)))

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very big question. All relationships are different but you must tell your partner(girls play too). You must come to an arrangement of some sort if you wish to stay married or you must Win big to show them it is worth while. I do not believe in deceiving people. So work it out or do not play. Personally we each had our monthly through away money. I could literally though in the garbage and she could not say a word about it. Luckily I was fortunate enough that poker multiplied my through away money and I never looked back. Only thing is my through away money also became her through away money, hahahaha.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Communication is always a key. If she's against poker, there must be a good reason underneath it. Maybe your friend is ditching certain tasks, not keeping promises, not paying enough attention or avoiding something when he's playing poker. And instead of facing the real reason and talk it through, just accuses his wife for hating on his hobby. I doubt that anyone will seriously would be against their significant other's hobby, to be honest. So in my opinion, either your friend is in denial and don't want to face and discuss the real issue or their relationship has more serious problems than poker.

B

Bignug7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wife hates poker

Try and explain the rules and she will hate even more unless you let her win in a game of strip poker

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife did not like the fact that I often play, and I found a way to teach her how to play, now we play together[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

R

Rolliman111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no wife, no hate of the game...
sometime it is very simple. ;-)

MARCANE

MARCANE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would I do? Well, I would miss her very much, lmao.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will make her understand i like to play poker and she will accept whitout problem....Not a big deal.....:)

Andrey FRIFIN

Andrey FRIFIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not have a wife
PROFIT

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well it would be a tragedy love must combine with passion so you will have better vibes in your life I would work hard for you to like poker and if you like poker my wife would be the luckiest person is like winning the lottery

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is not a problem for me but if it was i guess she would just have to deal with it,now if he has a problem with gambling then may he should deal with it. Some say that it is addictive like a drug i myself don't see how but i guess anything can happen. anyway he should not go behind her back they should talk it out,that's just my opinion :)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol.
If he just plays sometimes as a hobby, there should be no problem. He should tell her, he is not her dog:p
If he is loosing all the money or his only thin in life is poker he has bigger problems.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it’s very complicated my wife doesn’t play poker and has a lot of family members, every weekend is a party and I usually have good games to play, she’s already complained a lot, but now she gets the benefits that poker does in my life

L

Lkobasko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been lucky to find someone who likes poker as much as I do.

She's forever asking me to play.