What if your wife hates poker ,what will you do ?

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If she doesn't like it, there must be a reason why. Rather she just think it's a boring game for him to spend his time with, or if she thinks it's only based on luck... Either way talking Is the best decision, maybe if he is patient enough to try to make her understand why he plays it she may change her mind

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ?
what will you do if you were him ?
if i am a wining poker player, i would play poker no mater what she says, but if i lose money then quit and make mine wife happy

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This forum is interesting to me. There are several kinds of people/posts here:

- giving actually good and honest advice to the original poster; communication is key, letting her have input etc.
- jokes (I hope) about leaving them for poker
- girls responding from their perspective (be they wives, girlfriends, or just giving their opinion if they were in this situation)
- few not really addressing the op directly and saying girls play poker too
- people like me reading this forum partly for entertainment and partly for anticipation of the future.
p.s. I am a young college student (unmarried), but this forum thread is still entertaining to read.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Confront right now! In the long run it will be much worse if you hide it from your wife. She will feel betrayed and say she cant trust you, then hold it over you the rest of your life.
She might think you are cheating with another woman, which really can get complicated.
Stand your ground now . tell her you are going to have one or 2 poker night s a week. That she will be able to contact you, and now were you are, but you need that release and that freedom.
Another complication of not telling your wife, is that you will loose concentration during a game because you are worring about what to say, or what she thinks, or be totally wrapped up in the time going by , thus ending up loosing at the game. And thats worse than loosing your wife!

malitoxdk16

malitoxdk16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

before having all that commitment I would make everything clear ... about my likes and dislikes ... if you understand it normal but if not ... it was already

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker must be a sport if your wife hates you playing a little bit of poker. Is it taking time away from her or money?

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its money issue. And shes the type always nagging
Hello again.
If it’s a money issue your friend should be honest and come up with a budget with his wife, but if they cannot afford any then I would think your friend has a gambling problem.

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play so that you can close your wife’s eyes with the money you won[emoji23]

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This forum is interesting to me. There are several kinds of people/posts here:

- giving actually good and honest advice to the original poster; communication is key, letting her have input etc.
- jokes (I hope) about leaving them for poker
- girls responding from their perspective (be they wives, girlfriends, or just giving their opinion if they were in this situation)
- few not really addressing the op directly and saying girls play poker too
- people like me reading this forum partly for entertainment and partly for anticipation of the future.
p.s. I am a young college student (unmarried), but this forum thread is still entertaining to read.
once married , it will not be entertaining anymore ,it will be nightmare :angel::angel::angel:

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello look, I would tell your friend to try to explain what he feels when he plays poker and that he really likes to play it, if he really wants to, he will know how to understand it, it is what I would do, I understand that it is very difficult, the best thing is to agree a time for the weekly game so that there are no conflicts for the lie at some point it is discovered and it will be worse. Greetings to your friend

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife hates poker but my love for the game is bigger and I'm always looking for ways to play it

T

thuliomano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
she doesn’t like any kind of game and I don’t even care who plays it I don’t she so who has to like it or not me

K

Kdk1232

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would divorce her and go to live games and find a wife there

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hated poker. My husband taught me how to play poker. Now we play together. Try it, this circuit works))

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ?
what will you do if you were him ?

A friend of yours? lol

Well, first he must be mature enough not to be hiding things from his wife. Second, try to understand why she doesn't like poker:
1. Is he burning the family money? So she's right not to like it. In that case the couple must agree on how much money should be made available to play. As a kind of monthly fee for example. You can't stop because the wife doesn't like it. That would be erasing your personality. But if you are throwing money away you must find a balance between leisure and finance.
2. Is he spending the time he would have to spend with her to play? Well, then he should review his manhood. Poker is delicious, but it doesn't compare to a woman. If sexuality is not an issue, talk to her. Invite to a Strip poker game or better a Sex Poker game (in which the loser must caress the winner's choice [both win])
3. Now, if the issue is religious ... well, I prefer to refrain from entering into this merit.

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy her something and say that you bought it for money you made out of poker. After couple of times She will wear an "I am Poker legend's wife" T-shirt) Or will kill you straight away..:cool:
Peace!

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She doesn't hate it she hates when I play too much and don't show her any attention. We comprised an arrangement where I play for x amount of hours a day and I also make sure not to ignore her.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell her you love her

Tell her you love her but you love poker more. Poker pays her bills not her. Lol. Enjoy your day everyone. And as always have fun

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a great question!!! because my wife doesnt like that much. i only play freerolls and she says im addicted to poker LOL .. maybe i am but at least i am not addicted to gambling right?

i still play but at times that i know she wont mind LOL

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try to give her most attention during hours you are not playing. This can lower the presure on you.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a difficult question..

hahahaha ... very good question, and that is what happens to most of the men who have a wife and children. I have many good and bad experiences in relation to that. One of them (bad), when I was reaching the final table of a tournament and it was time to eat, my wife called me at the table and more than half an hour had passed, and she became very angry that she was about to throw me the dishes. Therefore, in that sense I try to play not so long tournaments, only sit and go, or cash.;):D

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Educate her that you love the game and she doesn’t have the right to prohibit you to play it.