What if your wife hates poker ,what will you do ?

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If she hates poker I will respect her wishes, but she will also have to respect my desire to play. There must be a consensus.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a wife loves her husband, then she should be condescending to him. Without this consent, they will not exist in their common life.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My "ex" wife and I used to play all kinds of different card games, with friends and relatives. Used to be pretty fun, although she is not only a sore loser, but also a sore winner. lol Always rubbed it in everyone's face when she won.
I started playing poker online and tried to get her interested. She hated poker all of a sudden for some reason, she also would be like that movie "The Cooler" whenever she would come into the room, bam I would lose the hand, even if I didn't she her coming. lol
My brother thought I was nuts, until she came over to his house a few times and it happened right away to him.
I ended up finding out that what she really hated was me and our children. I have been a single dad for a long time now, and we all are very happy.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Divorce ! Poker is more important ! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Its a joke, but talk with her and explains that in your time, you will play poker and the her time, he makes what he want. Can her have fear because its a sport that involves money, but with you have a great head... you will show to her that dont have problems.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
My "ex" wife and I used to play all kinds of different card games, with friends and relatives. Used to be pretty fun, although she is not only a sore loser, but also a sore winner. lol Always rubbed it in everyone's face when she won.
I started playing poker online and tried to get her interested. She hated poker all of a sudden for some reason, she also would be like that movie "The Cooler" whenever she would come into the room, bam I would lose the hand, even if I didn't she her coming. lol
My brother thought I was nuts, until she came over to his house a few times and it happened right away to him.
I ended up finding out that what she really hated was me and our children. I have been a single dad for a long time now, and we all are very happy.

I can't imagine how to hate own children :( Having two (one infant) and they are so much lovable. Hugs to you, good that your children have at least a wonderfull father :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talk with her,,,,listen to what she has to say,then explain to her that Poker is important to me and makes me a happier person to be with,and i want her to do things that make her happy,,,so she's a happier person too,,,,, :shakehand

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ? what will you do if you were him ?

hi hi dany!!! :ciao:

you do realize that there also some girls play poker?

this sorta a sexist question?

blond.jpg

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The girl doesn't like not Poker itself, she doesn't like something else...
The time without her boyfriend (but I think it's far to selfish), or the idea he will lose a lot of money, for example.

He is a man, so he 1) can do whatever he wants and fills free 2) has some (!) respect for his woman.
But there should be limits, always)

P.S. I'm a girl)

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi dany!!! :ciao:

you do realize that there also some girls play poker?

this sorta a sexist question?

blond.jpg
Oupssss. I know but the majority are men. Anyway i had a dream that my wife will someday love poker, but after 10 years of marriage its still a dream [emoji57][emoji57]

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
odio al poker

Hi. I wouldn't hide, I'd talk about it until I understood. and I would make him understand that it is my favorite hobby

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
He must not hide his love to poker. He must talk to her and make her understand, and even make her a poker player too!

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Complicated this situation, but if she doesn't like it, I think it would be better to tell her that she plays and try to convince her than to play hidden, as this can aggravate their relationship. I don't think it's right for her to try to ban him too, since although each couple does what they want in life as long as they don't disrespect another, then you can't deprive a person of what she likes to do just because you don't like it.

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That there is the door open in case you want to go

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt that he can maintain his concentration when playing with this pressure, problems like this only cause discomfort at the tables the best poker played is the one with pleasure

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife didn't like to play poker but I teach her to play and she likes to play with me now!

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Become a billionaire and buy another woman.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend also disapproves of my poker game. She certainly understands that I play when she is not around, so that can’t be called treason!

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do like I have done. Make an agreement with her.
But if you lose bunch of money maybe she is right.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend of my wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, it's like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision?
what will you do if you were him ?
if he's losing a lot of money id plan where I'm going to be living

Hiding things from your/his wife is never a good idea as she WILL find out
and she WILL remember it for yearrrrrssss and every fecking argument you have you WILL be reminded about it .

But she also should not be able to tell him what to do or how to do it unless he's a gambling addict or losing more than they can afford or he's spending her money ..

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a friend of mine wife's hate poker and don't let him play ,he plays without telling her, its like cheating with another girl . do you think its the right decision ?
what will you do if you were him ?

They have a problem in their relationship that..

A) She doesn't want him to do something that he wants to do
B) He is doing it behind her back

This is not a good recipe for a happiness.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have a problem in their relationship that..

A) She doesn't want him to do something that he wants to do
B) He is doing it behind her back

This is not a good recipe for a happiness.
Yes of corse but hes loosing some money and...... Thats why he cant tell her

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What nonsense. Of course you don’t need to completely kill your time with the game, but still. I don’t think it’s so malicious.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I know I have already seen this answer. Get a new wife !!! :rofl: Seriously though. might be true.

Really I expect any partner would find it unacceptable if they were playing all the time and not doing other activities together at all, but then perhaps his interest in poker happened, because they were not doing anything together anyway.

I would say, that I expect, that she would like it more if he won the Sunday Million and spent some of the money on her. No doubt. Perhaps the problem is not the playing poker, perhaps the problems run a bit deeper than that................

I expect there is some of this involved too............:girlshit::eek:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes my girlfriend takes offense at me, but I always try to find a compromise that will suit both of us.
Good luck.