What Have You Learned From Poker That You Can Apply In Your Daily Life?

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It taught me some risk management, but I still have to work on that.

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aprendí que si miento nadie debería darse cuenta y que no hay lugar para los débiles, también aprendí a retirarme a tiempo.
tres cosas que uso en mi vida diaria gracias al póquer

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I brought three poker lessons to life:

- Don't underestimate your opponents
- Don't doubt Murphy's Law
- You can be the best, if you don't have discipline it won't do any good!

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many poker lessons can be used in real life. Patience, reasoning before taking action, not making hot-headed decisions, sticking out whenever you want to do something, and faith that the river will save us.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you won't play aggressive, you won't win in life too.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kindness) yes, I'm kidding. Well, I probably learned how to act correctly in poker and in life, every choice has its own consequence.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Keep going, keep trying, study more, patience and don't tite yourself!

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, hmm - to have more patience! ( it's very important ) and not to trust too much without being sure :)

have a nice day :)

B

berkyt20

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline, balance, perseverance and a lot of good friends, this is what will come in handy in sowing life.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Put yourself in the best position for things to go your way.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
patience, perseverance, endurance, the ability to analyze various situations, it is even possible to predict the further development of life events.

C

CaioBandeiraGomes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tudo

Cada dia aprendo mais sobre poker e é surpreendente como cada lição é valiosa na mesa e na vida. Um bom exemplo é que tudo pode mudar no ultimo segundo e ter parcimonia é imprescindível. Entre todas as qualidades que só se consegue com a pratica, eu me esforço para ser calmo e sóbrio, não é facíl mas eu vou conseguir. Boas praticas para todos.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Understand that luck is as essential in poker as it is in life (even with talent)

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience....that is the biggest.
Listening to others ideas, really listening not just "hearing" what they are saying. In the context that in poker everyone has a certain way of playing and it is good to try and take their strategy into account. Not as I want to play like them, but now I know of another way a player thinks on how they should play their hand.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Patience...Don't go all in on life...doing a bit of research and preparation can increase your chances and win rate in life by so much...decisions based on bad emotions arnt the best type of decisions

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best to keep a calm cool head, because things and or cards can change in a instant

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Poker primarily teaches patience and endurance. It helps a lot in everyday life.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned that im not a very patient person, so whenever someone says a stupid thing, I use my timebank in real life

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
I learned you have to be patient even if you have a short stack you can recover and won the game.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned that it is often profitable to take a risk.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can do things almost perfect (like playing a hand) and things can still go horribly wrong for you. Learn to deal with it and move on. Try your best not to act disappointed or be a grouch.

Look before you leap ie spend more time researching what you're getting yourself into and start off slowly. Don't go off what your image of something is, by what you think or believe something is or you might find out that your perception was wrong and you might get yourself way over your head or at the very least just end up wasting a LOT of time.

No matter how good you think you are at something, there's usually someone better than you. So check your ego, humble yourself to folks that you perceive to know less than you and be open to ideas/insights that might improve yourself.

Last edited:
Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
responsible attitude to money guys and discipline is the most important thing

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
endurance - do not lose your head and make informed decisions

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very good question! I personally learned patience! Even though I was able to do this even before poker, but when I started playing, I realized that there is no way to play poker without this character trait. Thanks to the author for the question.