What Have You Learned From Poker That You Can Apply In Your Daily Life?

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, it's like some kind of restraint training. Good training in developing the ability to assess the environment before making any decision. With the development of the ability to predict the consequences of their actions.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing poker gave me the opportunity to become more patient and calculating.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have learned that people have all kinds of ways to get the job done.

A

AlyaSolnce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of
at least being patient, is the most important one imho
financial 'grammar' is other thing if i spel it right in english i mean economy if someone don't get me right
another thing is math
there are lots of things you can learn from poker that's my point

good luck :p

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has helped me control my emotions, especially tilt.

locoChrisu

locoChrisu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

The most valuable thing I learned from poker is patience, endurance, discipline and contoll my emotions.:cool:

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to poker, I know the value of money and have learned to appreciate money

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker teaches us to think ahead.See and anticipate a particular situation.Teaches you to set goals and achieve them.Well, about the sweetness of winning the game, the feeling is probably familiar to everyone.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello community that learned from poker for daily life .. discipline, control, patience of course adjust those qualities for life that each human being.
. :D

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have learned lessons from life. Poker is the game i like.

K

kndjordan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Business

o que mais aprendi com o pôquer foi esperar que as pessoas falassem primeiro.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a platform to test ones philosophy of life.

I'm progressing very well, but can improve in many ways.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience, discipline, respect, humbleness, not to trust most people, how to manage money, how to control my emotions instead of letting them control me.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker gives us knowledge and skills in three areas:

1. Cognitive behavior: these are thoughts and ideas, many of which are unique to the individual. When people talk about things like "positive visualization" or "separate thinking," that's exactly what they mean. Poker is full of pitfalls for players with incorrect cognitive behaviors, but once you learn how to treat the game correctly, the same view becomes useful in many other real-world situations.

2. Emotional intelligence. No one likes to lose. A failed poker game or a series of such sessions is just as emotionally draining as any of the stressors we face in everyday life. To make profitable decisions, you just need to know all your shortcomings and strengths. The easiest way is to remain in the dark about your own feelings, but you can't control what you don't understand.

3. Practical skills. Not every player is good at math or has the patience to pore over EV ranges and calculations. However, even without diving into the game so deeply, you can develop a lot of practical skills that will have alternative applications.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The game taught me to dream beautifully about a happy future:D

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, patience, and patience again...even if the fish at the table is fabulously lucky.As a person who does not like waiting poker helped me to improve this skill

GL!!!
:ac4::kc4::qc4::jc4::10c4:

R

rhennemcu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, playing poker helps me to think critically, being patient and accept defeat and rise again!

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, the most important thing is a huge desire to get into the prize place, patience and good luck!)

Hi, playing poker helps me to think critically, being patient and accept defeat and rise again!
You are an optimist! Well done! )

Quite a lot in fact. To better control my emotions, to better read other people's intentions, to act properly under pressure, to better manage my finances, to be more patient.
Hi! You have stated everything correctly in the message! Very competent and correct meaning ! Respect to you! )

Last edited by a moderator:
19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The main thing that poker taught me is patience, it helps me in my life

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

be less anxious calmer ... think before acting that these things have helped me improve my life in poker !!!

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That in the short run you can get punished for doing the right thing, and rewarded for doing the wrong thing! But if you keep doing the right thing in the long run you'll be rewarded.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it might be the other way round, "What have I learned from Life, that I can take to the Poker table" and that has to be "Patience" and "Drive" to become better at the game.
I study Poker from Book's and Video's, just as I studied at School, and being patient waiting for good thing's to happen even if it is just waiting for Christmas or a Birthday to come around.
When I first started playing Hold-em I could never understand why I couldn't win a single Free-roll, even though I understood the Stud and 5 Card Draw games I played for years, and did well at, because Poker is Poker Right!
Wrong! Hold-em is a totally different Monster and need's to be approached in a different way, also playing different forms of Hold-em whether it is a Cash Game or SnG or even an MTT, they all have different approaches, having the ability to adapt and approach each game with a different playing style, is paramount when you want to be successful at the game.
It took me a while before I made the money in a free-roll, and even though it was only a few Cents, I never gave up, because Life has taught me to be determined, and to do my best at whatever I choose to do.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(but don't give up)

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep going, even if you’re loosing sometimes. Patience is key to success.
Controlling emotions, as in (not tilting)