What do you think about having the same nickname everywere: good or bad idea?

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe it can be a good or bad idea depending on what you're seeking. In my case, I prefer to keep a low profile. I don't find any kind of benefit or reason why I would want to be recognized, let alone share personal information. It would likely only cause problems, but that's just my nature.
Now, if you want to build your own brand and be recognized, obviously, I see it as a good idea. I think it's the right way to start, although I would be careful about what I want to share. You know how the internet is, there's no "Ctrl Z" after uploading something.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When you have nothing to hide, why bother coming up with many names. Let them know you, know how I play - the game will be more interesting!!! Good luck to you,🇵🇱🇺🇦✌️👍👏👏👏👏👏 "crazy Pole"💪💪💪💪! I try to go by one name, but sometimes I'm asked to add something because there are similar ones, although I haven't met my doubles in all this time. See you at the tables!!

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I search forum and found only threats about funny nicknames, procedures with changing nicknames etc. But I wonder what are You thinking about my question and start discuss about advantages/disadvantages of the same nickname at all pokerrooms, poker forums, social media etc. or in the opoosite - different nicknames in all of I have just written ( pokerrooms, poker forums, social media)
For example - I got the same avatar, nickname etc.. because I want to be known. I want to build my own Brand and strategy. I want to stay in that business known like Grzegorz00pl :) from Poland. Of course - disadvantages - all of You will read me - know me like my family because I am so open for people - they just read me 100% now - I think this is important disadvntage because You cant play Your standard strategy...
So.. what is Your opinion?
I use 2 on all edgardj92 or odragd3

and some other player already recognizes me!

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I would like to wish Everyone a Happy New Year 2024!
...:ROFLMAO: back to my question:ROFLMAO: ...
Certainly, just like All of You - this morning (01/01/2024) I've just received a very interesting message from GGPoker.
The topic was:
"Embrace a Fresh Start This New Year with a New Nickname!"
and offer possibility to change Your Nick till 07.01,2024. ( Details enclosed)

...:rolleyes:to change, or not to change:alien:... that is the question...:eek:
I hope, that most of You, My Friends will share your opinion here ;)

Attachments

• 2024 nickname change.jpg
    2024 nickname change.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think it's better to have different nicknames. This will give you a small advantage in the game. The adjudicator will know less about your tactics.
Hi milka1605 :)
You got possibillity to change it (My suggestion... replace it with milka1605AA :sneaky::unsure:

T

TinTinPirulin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
if you are a very good poker player, it is an advantage to have the same name in all rooms.

It's building a name for you

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I search forum and found only threats about funny nicknames, procedures with changing nicknames etc. But I wonder what are You thinking about my question and start discuss about advantages/disadvantages of the same nickname at all pokerrooms, poker forums, social media etc. or in the opoosite - different nicknames in all of I have just written ( pokerrooms, poker forums, social media)
For example - I got the same avatar, nickname etc.. because I want to be known. I want to build my own Brand and strategy. I want to stay in that business known like Grzegorz00pl :) from Poland. Of course - disadvantages - all of You will read me - know me like my family because I am so open for people - they just read me 100% now - I think this is important disadvntage because You cant play Your standard strategy...
It took me a few times before I found the name I liked. I wish I could change all my sites to the same name. You need to build a reputation, so having the same name helps.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not on Twitch or Youtube streaming, then I think its better to have different names.

However if you are "brand building" then you probably want to use the same name.

The more your name is the same, the more valuable you make the villans hud.

Not much is better than having reads on a player and they do not even know who you are.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have the same name. it doesn't matter to me. its easier.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
From a gameplay perspective I don't think it matters too much. Most of us here are always going to be nobodies in the poker world.

If you became a known player it could make others want to battle with you, which could cause variance but at the same time might make them make mistakes against you when being overagressive, determined to take the scalp of a famous player. Just as much chance that some might be intimidated by you too.

Your game could be studied more if people know who you are on every site, but then top pros exist and people can do deep delves into their games at any time on any site or live and yet still they remain top pros. If you were trully good or great you can beat that.

The one factor that people mentioned where I feel it may matter is online security. Your accounts are slighlty easier to be hacked if you have the same username everywhere. Just make sure you have a very different password everywhere and/or different email accounts linked with different sites and that shouldn't be such a problem.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion it doesn't interfere with my game!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have the same nickname on all sites and I don't see any problem.

Of course, I'm a recreational player. A professional player may want to hide his true identity on some sites and benefit from this anonymity in some way, it may be worth it.

But for recreational players or those who play low and mid stakes, it doesn't make much sense, because they are not targeted as much by their opponents.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If you are not on Twitch or Youtube streaming, then I think its better to have different names.
Sometimes I watch Twitch TV (Nick Walsh or Robin Poker or some other turnaments), but my ttv account was created with my son in mind. (Just like all little kids, He dreams about beeing Video Games ProPlayer).
About streaming poker in my country...?? I am not sure is it possible.:unsure:

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Most of us here are always going to be nobodies in the poker world...

No, no, no. All of You are important in Poker word. It is not only about money and be famous. Some of Us just love this game, emotions. And some of You are real Friends!!!
W If you became a known player it could make others want to battle with you...
Competition is very good because it motivates to self-improvement. I think I don't fight with CC Members but we test our strategies and improve our skills. For me, forum members are like family. When I wrote about my girlfriend's illness, I was touched by, how many people's responses. I read it many times with tears in my eyes. And then I play with these people at the same tables... (and when I lost with them, I know that my chips are in good hands :cool::love:
Your game could be studied more if people know who you are on every site...
There are near 50.000-100.000 players to watch at pokerstars and x10 more GG Poker. Why they will wath me? I am little stupid fish. I am not danger and strong oponent. I am just beginner. You all are my teachers and my Poker Masters I am studying You :)

The one factor that people mentioned where I feel it may matter is online security. Your accounts are slighlty easier to be hacked if you have the same username everywhere. Just make sure you have a very different password everywhere and/or different email accounts linked with different sites and that shouldn't be such a problem.
Very Very Important: But be sure that If I win some good Prize, I will distribute this money to the poor people faster than someone can steal them

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I use same nickname at all platforms and i don't care of being recognized because i usually don't play the game the same way every time.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I use same nickname at all platforms and i don't care of being recognized because i usually don't play the game the same way every time.
It is very good that You play different way every time. Me too. Especially if I have more chips than my opponents I can increase my starting hand range and vary the value of raises. But Nickname alwayse the same. I can show You also some ICM - it is the first one I found few weeks ago. I'm modifying it a bit. But You never know what hand I will rise...look - 24o- 100% My bluff. But it was very important. Thanks to it - I was at finale table in a next few minutes (last picture).
I have good days and bad days. The more I learn, the more good days:unsure: I have.

Attachments

• ICM.png
    ICM.png
    515.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 1704230275381.png
    1704230275381.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1704230336545.png
    1704230336545.png
    555 KB · Views: 7
Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I have the same nickname on all sites and I don't see any problem.

Of course, I'm a recreational player. A professional player may want to hide his true identity on some sites and benefit from this anonymity in some way, it may be worth it.

But for recreational players or those who play low and mid stakes, it doesn't make much sense, because they are not targeted as much by their opponents.
I think that at some point in our poker journey, the level of knowledge is equal for most of Us. But the level of stress resistance is different. Playing Big Money could be stressfull and it correlate with the buy-in amount in both cash and tournament poker games. You have to play at the right stakes. If the blinds are too high for my budget (bankroll) I do a lot of mistakes :mad: and lost money.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The main drawback is the loss of anonymity. People can easily track your playing style and habits, potentially affecting your ability to make strategic plays unnoticed.

TruthFruit

TruthFruit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I got also password the same everywere sińce over 25 years xd
That's the thing..! Having same nickname/password everywhere might represent a security issue. If someone is able to hack into one of your accounts, it's easy to access all the others

TruthFruit

TruthFruit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
That's the thing..! Having same nickname/password everywhere might represent a security issue. If someone is able to hack into one of your accounts, it's easy to access all the others
But then again... I do go by the same nickname everywhere, including here! (but not same password!)

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I have 2-3 nicknames that I use in poker rooms.
It doesn't bother me if they recognize me, it doesn't matter with the fishes, and the regs use some kind of auxiliary software, so they also immediately know what style I play.

Lanaiba

Lanaiba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I like having the same nick all over the sites … it builds you a reputation in time … and is easier to have a chat and be more helpful and helped by others

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I have the same nickname in every single poker site for the same reason, doing so, youll build an identity, so thats my reason.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If people think you are good then that helps. So use the same name!
I don't know what people think about me. I would like to know :) What are You thinking about me?