What do you think about having the same nickname everywere: good or bad idea?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many people play online because they cannot afford much of what they do on the Internet in real life, so they want to remain anonymous

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Myślę, że można mieć kilka pseudonimów dla różnych pomieszczeń. Bo nie chcesz być wszędzie taki sam
I always play differently. This is obviously bad, but I'm a beginner. This means that I have no threat, no plan and I do not use computer software (pokertracker etc) There are no additional solutions etc. I play as I feel. Also, before the flop, I am able to enter all-in with any hand. No one knows what cards come out on the tables: high, low, red, black.
Unfortunately online is not 100% random, and cards are dealt to specific players (sometimes) I do not know if it is worth learning these computer programs? In a live game, you don't sit with a laptop on your lap or a calculator. You have to have everything in your head.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
many people play online because they cannot afford much of what they do on the Internet in real life, so they want to remain anonymous
Poker is illegal in many countries. Many people can be deprived of a win. It is better to remain anonymous. I am a citizen of the Earth. I'll do what I want with my money. I can even make a bonfire out of them, and no finance minister can forbid me to do so. It's my money, I get it, and I'll decide what I spend it on. I don't like the fact that poker is banned.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play with the same nickname, I don't think it makes any difference.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
It doesn't matter to me i use the same nickname everywhere and I don't think there's anything wrong with using the same nickname in all platforms.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with that, to be honest. On some sites I have a nickname identical to my current nickname (like on our forum). It's not like I'm passing on some important information. Especially keeping all the nicknames in my head is difficult. :)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is where Ignition differs from all other sites. I wish I could play there. :(
I used the same screen name for the first year I was online. I wasn't really happy w/my stats, so I changed it later on. I think I've had about 30, or so, different names until I decided on Dan Fielding. It might appear as DanFieldingACR or DanFieldingRP (Replay) but always some version of Dan, except for PS's.
Back in the day ('08-'11) when Merge was a dominating online network (Carbon, Reefer, Iron Duke), I would use a different name for every skin they had that was available in my region/country. Mainly because they gave "new" players 2 weeks of $500 daily freerolls, w/a min-deposit ($10). First place was usually between $125 and $150 since the field was always between 100 and 200+ players; so, in 2 weeks one could in theory, make between $1550-$2100 in free moola, for consecutive 1st place wins. I would regularly make at least $75. It would pay min of $5 for min-cash to 10 of 20 players, when the field was between 100 and 199 runners. Paid $2.50 for min-cash to bottom 10 of 30 if over 200, which was rare. Does anybody remember this? Just curious. I must have made over $2K in free poker money back then. It was a glorious time. 🤤

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
So you would rather NOT be anonymous right :unsure:

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use the same one most anywhere because it is my name. EmilyWT

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you use the same name. in other platform it's also easier to be known by other players .
i tink is bad

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it... but our game is known by our opponents....

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with that, to be honest. On some sites I have a nickname identical to my current nickname (like on our forum). It's not like I'm passing on some important information. Especially keeping all the nicknames in my head is difficult. :)
I will remember Your Nick because You are strong xD

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
What's this? Share pricepool?

Attachments

• IMG_20231225_225629.jpg
    IMG_20231225_225629.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 5
cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At first I used the same nickname but after awhile I got bored with it and started to mix it up for fun. If you are playing with the same people all the time (like cardschat freerolls on different sites) the regulars will no who you are anyway.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For sure, it's not the best, as there is a possibility that someone who plays against you often remembers your nickname. However, I use the same nickname in all my accounts because it's easier to remember :LOL:

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There isn't any big difference. The main thing is to be a winning regular)))

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello Zenon BR
You are definitely recognizable:) I associate you and I consider you a very strong player.
Yesterday I dropped off at your table:). You are marked in my Pokerstars in green:) meaning Poker Master - Very Strong Player:)
We have played many times in the same tournaments (freerolls on PokerStars) In general, most CC Members are very strong players.
Thank you for your words my friend, let's seek to evolve more and more, and with focus we will achieve our objectives.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a similar nickname on all the sites I play on. This has its pros and cons. But I'm not too worried about it. Your patience and discipline are more important than your screen name or avatar. Think about patience and discipline and do not pay attention to trifles that are not of fundamental importance. Good luck :)

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Mam podobny nick na wszystkich stronach, na których gram. Ma to swoje zalety i wady. Ale nie martwię się tym zbytnio. Twoja cierpliwość i dyscyplina są ważniejsze niż nazwa ekranowa czy awatar. Pomyśl o cierpliwości i dyscyplinie i nie zwracaj uwagi na drobnostki, które nie mają fundamentalnego znaczenia. Powodzenia:)
Thank you for the advice and yesterday's game at the common table. I have the same nickname and avatar everywhere. Even a PS4 account on Grzegorz00pl. I play poker for a short time, but I want to play and acquire more and more skills. Share with you, which is known and known, but first it must remain that I have an idea about the game of poker. I was successful and I know why I won. Winning Poker is not an accident or a lucky gamble. This is a good strategy, concentration, aggression. It is also important to be able to apply the solution even with a good tool if the opponent is strong. There are still many factors that influence a poker win.
Today I know that the nickname or avatar does not decide the subordinate. But I see a lot of sexy avatars. I read about the fact that you deliberately have such an avatar to deconcentrate. I'm a forty-year-old man:):):) - blocks these avatars:)
... maybe soon I will insert my own photo:):) Unfortunately the difference will not be very visible - because I'm just so ugly 🤣😂😜

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Nie ma dużej różnicy. Najważniejsze to regularnie wygrywać))
Regularity in winning is the basis. Many believe that the most important thing in poker is luck. NO! Poker is hard work and a lot of learning. And during the game you have to be very focused because every decision counts and every decision matters.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Używam tego samego, często spotykanego, ponieważ tak się nazywamy. EmilyWT
Hello Emilko. Something else needs to be added to our names. In the case of marketing activities:)
Grzegorz00pl_Monsterhand, or Emily_Poker_Princess xD

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As if people follow you on every platform and not make random ignorant moves on the tables indifferent of your image 99% of the time.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
As if people follow you on every platform and not make random ignorant moves on the tables indifferent of your image 99% of the time.
I read that there are programs that put you next to weak players. If someone knows me and knows that I am a beginner, they will always look for me to cheat me and take my money. I read about it in Negreanu book. It is also some casch game strategy - to play agains weak players. I am sure that all of my opponents marked me that I am little stupid Fish, because playing last 3-4 months shows that I am little stupid Fish. it is good because today they will loose.
Unfortunately, I have such a character that I have to be the best in everything I do. Such a sick ambition. Unfortunately. I just have to. I have no choice. I will always remember that I am developing only thanks to this forum.
Today I would like to thank you all for "creating" me.
I will never forget this. And my feature, apart from ambition, is loyalty and gratitude. I hope cardschat.com and you my friends will be proud of me.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better to have different nicknames. This will give you a small advantage in the game. The adjudicator will know less about your tactics.