What do you think about having the same nickname everywere: good or bad idea?

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I search forum and found only threats about funny nicknames, procedures with changing nicknames etc. But I wonder what are You thinking about my question and start discuss about advantages/disadvantages of the same nickname at all pokerrooms, poker forums, social media etc. or in the opoosite - different nicknames in all of I have just written ( pokerrooms, poker forums, social media)
For example - I got the same avatar, nickname etc.. because I want to be known. I want to build my own Brand and strategy. I want to stay in that business known like Grzegorz00pl :) from Poland. Of course - disadvantages - all of You will read me - know me like my family because I am so open for people - they just read me 100% now - I think this is important disadvntage because You cant play Your standard strategy...
So.. what is Your opinion?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
It's like you said. If you want to build a brand then sure. Just be careful what you put out there because it will bite you in the a** in the future (if you become famous).
For those who like to stay more secretive - divide and conquer is the way to go.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and all the famous write books about they strategy - and the are still the best :)
It is good to be marked as Good Player - it helps bluffing xD

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Tournament 36527205722
Remember my nick: :):) I am CardsChat Member
//My goal is to get CC clothes :):) also till I start win in real life turnaments///
It is My Brand! Cards Chat is creating MASTERS of POKER here

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I have always had the same nickname on all sites I have played, easier to remember the password

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it's a bad idea to play under the same name wherever possible. So there is no disguise and you will be identified.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Many of the best, online High Stakes MTT players tend to use the same name on most sites... but an equal number don't.

I think each has its advantages & disadvantages. What about future taxation considerations? Years ago I noticed on a well-known online Leaderboard that ranked all players in MTT's (you could go check the Top 100... or the top ## for your country, etc. etc.), many of the players from the USA removed their poker screen names from their profile. (tax purposes maybe? who knows).

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think there's anything wrong with using the same nickname in all game rooms, only those who have something to hide use different ones. Stupidity can't be hidden anyway 😉.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you are a very good poker player, it is an advantage to have the same name in all rooms.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It is neither a good nor a bad idea, as long as it is not illegal, I have the same nickname in several rooms and I am calm, I also see that others also have it and everything is normal, it depends on each taste

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play under different nicknames, and I advise everyone to do it, this is the security of your account

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Poker is a game of incomplete information, not sure why you want to give away free info...
Hmmmm... very good questions... poker is a game... i am not 😉. I am friendly also. And... IT is no problem. When we Play all in we must show cards and the God knows what card will show at the table. This week my KK hand lost with 33 because of 33k on table. Lost twice the same situation this week. Kk all in pre flop- 33 call. And flop was 33k and second without k but with 33. Even if I see oponent 33 i would Play all in. Sometimes it is not only strategy and maths. Some spirit 💪🤔💪🤣

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never changed, I always have the same, even in some poker houses I go to, they know me with the same

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Me think nothing since i am pretty much one of these weirdos who is using same avatar and identical or similar username literally everywhere so ...

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I play under different nicknames, and I advise everyone to do it, this is the security of your account
This is very good Idea. Also a lot of people can looking for some mistakes in all You have written and hate You everywere or laugh, be rude etc. If Your nervous are not strong IT is better to be annonymous.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I have always had the same nickname on all sites I have played, easier to remember the password
I got also password the same everywere sińce over 25 years xd

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think it's a bad idea to play under the same name wherever possible. So there is no disguise and you will be identified.
I want to be identified. More over i want to be identified like a crazy player WHO plays all in with 27 and get flop 772 heh. Magik Player Magik Jerry Grzegorz00pl
If i win something Poker Players will double after that hihi

M

macmanux

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes we take the names of old poker legends, with time and as you grow up you may regret it

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
unibet has an interesting feature, You have a series of different names and avatars that you can change at will. Sometimes I'm an old man, sometimes I'm a woman, Sometimes a big thug, Sometimes people treat you differently based on your avatar, My female avatar never is treated rudely but the male ones do. Otherwise at other sites I use the same basic names and avatar.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't think there's anything wrong with using the same nickname in all game rooms, only those who have something to hide use different ones. Stupidity can't be hidden anyway 😉.
Yeahh, we are clear we got nothing to hide - we Play well and Play good deals. All can win today ,😁
I think some od You know that Words (i said IT often to my Son)
"Walk calm around the noise and rush, remember what peace there can be in silence.
As far as possible, without denying yourself, be on good terms with other people.
Speak your truth calmly and clearly, listening also to what others say: even fools and ignoramuses, they too have their own story.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, because there will always be people better and worse than you.
Enjoy both your achievements and your plans.
Do your work with heart, however humble it may be. It is a lasting value in the changing vicissitudes of fate.
Be careful in your endeavors, for the world is full of deceit. But don't let this blind you to true virtue; many people strive for lofty ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism."
IT is so true...