dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This is the psychological aspect of the game. It is known that playing poker, in addition to other skills, requires good self-control and knowledge of psychology. Moreover, knowledge of psychology is often even more important than the ability to calculate your moves in advance and, of course, making money.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Competition, playing with people, element of psychology, luck, deep analysis based on partial information, quick thinking, counting profitability. Pressure.

I love this game.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like the fact that you can constantly learn to play, even if you reach a professional level, you will learn new things every day

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the social aspect, meeting people. I like to play games. I lie that people don't like it when I win cos I seem like such an idiot who's not paying attention at the table.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like the variations of winning and sometimes the little bit of drama, when there's a few players all in; the winning hands switch from one player to another.
Makes me laugh, when playing live and when one of my friends is losing, they always use the common phrase "I hate this game" 😂😂

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, what I like most about playing poker is the great variation it has, the part of deception, intuition at certain times, and the possibility of being able to compete against people from all over the world and, in a few cases, create a friendship.
I like the strategy part of the game and learning the way diffrent players try to make there hands beat yours. Good or bad bluff??

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think the best thing about poker is that everyone can dream of winning a large amount of money. Theoretically, anyone can do this, whether professional or amateur, young or old, handicapped or not, everyone can participate and can achieve a lot, whether with luck or not. This is not possible in any other sport I know. For me, it's also the attraction of maybe one day even becoming a millionaire through poker, but it's not just that, it's such a great feeling to win a tournament in poker, even if it's just a freeroll. This competition against others around the world makes it so exciting and versatile at the same time. Through this forum I have also met some nice people, even if we haven't met in person yet. Poker is also a good balance when you have problems in love, at least it helps me a lot.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like the most the spots when I have to take a decision call or fold , but it is very hard to make a call and I do have this a lot :) and that I like :)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early in my poker career, I enjoyed the tension and excitement of the game. Now only the financial aspect of the game remains interesting.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What I like most about poker is playing it and if I can I win it

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like that poker is not just a gambling card game, poker is a sport. I believe that this sport helps to train willpower. Live poker helps me learn to better understand the behavior and psychology of people. In this game, it is necessary to take into account many factors such as the size of the bet, the position at the table, how events developed in the previous rounds of betting and many other factors in order to make the right decision and win, thus poker develops thinking. Like any sport, poker has many positives, and that's why I like it.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
that it is not just a game of chance, that there is a very important quota that depends on us, on our reading of the game, on the opponents, on the bets, statistics, etc. etc. that feeling that by improving I can achieve it and the illusion of winning a tournament big.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To adequately describe how and why I love poker, in all it's simple yet capriciously-chaotic beauty, I would quite likely have to write a book.

Of all the books I fantasise about writing, I think that particular one would be read by the least amount of imaginary people... 😅

Hopefully the imaginary people that did read it enjoyed it at least, especially after all that imaginary effort spent writing it! :rolleyes:

However, as this is a forum (and not my own personal mind palace*), I'll endeavour to provide an answer which is genuine and succinct (someday).

Working in my favour with regards to being concise is your question containing the operative word 'most'... Otherwise people could be stuck reading this post for an eternity**! :ROFLMAO:

It's difficult to chose one favourite thing about poker (like choosing a song or movie you love the most) as there is just so much about it to adore, but as I mull it over now and consider the ultimate aspect...

For me I think it has to be the pure, competive, challenge.

Poker is a sport that is not only difficult to play well, but also remains challenging (and in a variety of ways becomes even more testing) as your skill and knowledge increases. There is always more to learn and room for improvement. Not to mention that as you get better and move up through the stakes of course the opponents become tougher. Add to that the chance element and the result is even if you are one of the best players in the world, games against other pros and high rollers will still be (more often than not) very difficult.

A lot of things become boring for me rather quickly, at this stage it's unimaginable poker will ever lose it's appeal or charm. Mainly for the reasons above but also many others.

Some honourable mentions;

Poker...

1.)...was a pivotal crutch in helping me turn my life around and assisted in kicking certain rather bad habits to the curb.

2.)...is very much like a microcosm of life. Realising such helped me see, and gave new understanding to, issues in my life.

3.)...is a card game. Since early childhood I have been enchanted with playing cards and love a variety of card games learned and played at different stages of life. Poker will now probably forever be my pick of the lot!

4.)...not only provides an outlet for characteristics I have elimanted from my behaviours in life away from the tables, but also seems beneficial at the felts and I seemingly have always had somewhat of a flair for... :ROFLMAO:

Now, incase anyone thinks this post isn't monumental, or hasn't broken it down, enough (c wut I did thar?) at this stage I have decided to change my mind and actually 'the challenge' nor none of the above reasons are my favourite so if you could please quickly unread all that. :giggle:

What I like most about poker is it brought me to CardsChat of course!!! ;) ❤️

*In which I am free to create and store pretty much anything! :love:

**Not to mention the several eternities stuck drafting, redrafting and editing it!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy and mathematics make poker more interesting for me. Bad beats and variance make it difficult.