What is a DONK?

Aprendiz_Edu

Aprendiz_Edu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk what to say about, many hate them I particularly respect them for me donk is nothing but a step towards the evolution of a player who throws a first stone who was never called Donk.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing against an inexperienced opponent Donk is a great opportunity to increase your bankroll. Playing against an experienced player Donk is possibly a Trap :help:

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just take a cursory look at the play of any online Brazilian or Russian player...occasional Canadian players as well

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The donkey is a player who makes unprofitable movements, is a player who does not know about numbers, makes bluffs meaningless, makes them when he should not do them.
They often do mini bet to try to see a turn and a cheap river, in freerolls and micro limits it may work for them, but at higher levels it doesn't, that's where the term donkbet comes from,

And as one partner said above, they are very dangerous players.
Unlike the agro player, against these players you must place strong bets, one two and three streets.
Do not try bluffing against them, because they can pay with a third pair.

Guess what color I have to that kind of players. :D :p

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 45
KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
i am without question a "donk" been called that often and worse
i see that in this thread an overwhelming majority are united in name calling & belittling poker players like me (and just maybe other players on CardsChat, new to the game, that take poker seriously, and work to improve their game)
interesting that 95%+ poker players are "losers"
i suppose all these classless name callers that tell us how brilliant they are, are in the 5%?

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don’t know what to call these players other than “donkeys”. It’s just very unconventional plays. Especially when I don’t know the player and makes weird large bet and I figure they have the best hand and fold. To my surprise I have them dominant
They Thought they had a better than me and was actually betting for value
Sometime I call and they get lucky on the river. Sometimes I fold cause to big bet cause it’s seems like that got the goods when it’s just a marginal hand. But the worse part wasn’t that they were betting to make you fold they bet cause they thought they had the best hand and it was for value
So what do I call these players ?

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As I've been told 'donk' is a player who bets out of position, it helps to separate this term from 'fish'.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you call someone and he lose or gets knocked out he calls you a donk. Rarely see it from winning players. lol. Well thats what i see on the tables. Hehehe

C

CTLAW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slang for a uneducated player that makes bad moves

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]to me, they are low level players who participate in tournaments and bet high and disrupt those who play seriously.​
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR]

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say people say about others that are donks if these guys make poker moves that seem weak. But be careful, it may look a weak move but it actually be well thought of, so ib this case the player can be the oposite of a donk

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk is the one who brings you chips.
I am certain this term shaped itself with having that idea behind it - the donk, the one who brings. In undeveloped world donkeys are still used to bring burdens.

In poker, donkeys bring you chips. A LOT of chips.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

try to google it
Maybe they will help
lololol
Rgds

A

AndreasM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a donkey who carries the chips for a while after winning them purely by luck and has no idea of risk management and drops them off at their correct destination. Hopefully my stack

A

AndreasM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every single one of you describing yourselves with a tiny weapon in your poker playing arsenal where a player has just won a showdown that you thought was the best at the time but you got pipped by the one card you never expected them to have. This immediately prompts you to mark the player with a note and start to use your biggest weapon in your arsenal, patience, and thank him gracefully for keeping your chips warm when you finaly show him that you are the better player and get them all back and more. Hence the term Donkey as in the burden holding animal it refers to, temporarily because he did get one on you in the first place so always bear that in mind when you call someone a donk as you were one in the first place. To call any poker player names is disgraceful as you belittle yourself being a poker player as well and it is not only the cards that you need to learn and study but it is human behaviour that is closely attached to it as well. That being said think about all the times you proposed a limp tax on a full limping table with a 2 7 off, or similar, and got away with it. Were you the donk if someone called? So in the end an attitude of "well played but hold on tight as I have you marked now and I will be back for my chips," instead of showing aggression at one who is prepared to risk their skills with yours along with their money. Always know your idea of a top hand at any one time at any street may not be the same to other players is what makes Texas Holdem NL a unique game. At the time.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See dictionary and you'll find a picture of Mike Postle

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any Brazilian canadian or Russian player...

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk do donk bets, biggest idiotism is like pushing all in with AK/AQ when you have some 50-100bb and is first to act. You ONLY get called with better hand, not worth stealing blinds.

Maybe in later tournament, but not early stages bro.

J

jon3sy99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if u dont know what a donk is its you

C

Cdawg405

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your definition of a donk? I hear a lot of chat about this donk and that donk and just want to know the opinions of what a donk is.:D:D

Anyone who goes all in with a weak hand and wins!

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donkey is a domesticated subspecies of wild donkey that played an important historical role in the development of the economy and culture of man and is still widespread in the economy of many countries of the world.Very useful animal! In poker there is a two-legged variety of donkey...Extremely unpleasant and useless creature!!!

Dzmitry Tokarau

Dzmitry Tokarau

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk is a weak game !!! This is the first preflop bet of the aggressor !!! Donk is a hit on the board and if you donk regularly understand what kind of cards you have on your hands you give information about the strength of your hand I prefer a check-raise ... !!!!

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your definition of a donk? I hear a lot of chat about this donk and that donk and just want to know the opinions of what a donk is.:D:D
An inexperienced player who makes odd betting movements without meaning pays a hand that makes no sense, etc.