What is a DONK?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You “made my day”, I didn’t laugh for so long.
Donk is a stupid move out of position, after the flop, from an inexperienced player.
In general, this is a donkey rate in translation.

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DONK!

DONK: Player whose fold button does not work.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically, this is done when out of position in the hand, and can be quite an effective weapon for stealing pots from nitty players, especially on low or paired flops as a bluff, since it’s likely to have missed the other player.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always viewed a donk as someone who doesn't put much value on their stack. An ATM as it were. They "donk off" their stack. From that perspective, one can infer they are not a very good player.

M

mycannon223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My definition is when someone goes all in every hand regardless of what cards they have.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that donkey is an unlucky player who loses with AA KK QQ all the time.It doesn't matter if he raises.Donks always lose.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
please, could you tell me if this player is a Donk?
since the beginning of the tournament he raises and steals the chips, and when I raised with A5o in the button, while I was not playing and I was tight, he wanted to punish me because I raised at the button, with which hand? oh my God I do not believe my eyes with 59o, but he was lucky and he still took me out of the tournament, the players like that dont let we playing a good poker, I would like to have your opinion on this player
View attachment pokerstars_206361948527.mov

Last edited:
AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost all online players are donks, they believe that playing poker is only based on luck and they rush to make nonsense plays to see what comes out, unlike a fish, fish is a player who just learns to play but plays following the rules and thus gradually learning to play better, however, the dunk only gets to make bad plays to disturb and ruin the game of others. I think that 90% of online players are donks.

T

thecarpetcatcher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A leading bet made post-flop and from out of position usually, small that usually comes from the non-aggressor in the hand = Donk bet, often used by inexperienced players in the chat when they get beaten.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
please, could you tell me if this player is a Donk?
since the beginning of the tournament he raises and steals the chips, and when I raised with A5o in the button, while I was not playing and I was tight, he wanted to punish me because I raised at the button, with which hand? oh my God I do not believe my eyes with 59o, but he was lucky and he still took me out of the tournament, the players like that dont let we playing a good poker, I would like to have your opinion on this player
View attachment 260045

Is someone from CC ?. I think it's a donk.:D:p
Your A5 It's push pre flop.

Secret Rival

Secret Rival

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play as well as I can in the CC freerolls,
but I might donk a bit in the 10$ / Venom early stage freeroll.

They get a bit tedious, I'm sorry. people get heated though. :secruity:

:D

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Donk is someone who proudly and commonly puts themselves in unfavorable situations, wins a few, and continues with the same strategy in the face of all contradictory evidence. They offend offer unsolicited advice on how this strategy has made them wealthy.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A donk is usually when someone thinks he knows more than he does and calls you one. lol

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Openlimp frequently with garbage hands like K8o, J4s and 74s...
2. It's excessively passive or excessively aggressive.
3. Bizarre bet-sizes...
4. Make moves with certain hands that makes no sense.
5. 3-bet with weak hands, or 3-bet no sense like... hum... 3-bet an UTG OPR with 99/88, for example.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to describe. I think a Donk is someone who does or says inexplicable things for any normal player. They do not play hands as they should, do not perform the correct bets, too many junk play cards, make fools lanterns. They are players who need to be careful because they are indecipherable :confused::confused::confused::confused:

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I AM A HORSE.I see donkeys everyday.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donk is what appears on my tables everyday kkkkk.
They make horrible moves, and they suck all my energy.:p:D

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The donk is that one guy at the table just hoping to hit something with any card in any position and thinks he has good skills and quality to actually win the whole tournament, and just for the record a donk can destroy a good chip build you already have because its really hard to know what they have When its your first time to play with him:) and can drag you down with him:)

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think by definition a don't would be:
Any player who by luck, skill, Implied odds, or time travel gets the best of any player who believes themselves or thier hand to be superior and thought they should have the hand?
Addition stiplulations include
Superior player must to a degree be ****y or arrogant, a bad loser or on tilt to the point of belittling, demeaning or verbally abusing the player who won the hand.
The player put the money in the pot just like you did. It's his money chips, whatever it doesn't matter how you got here show some class say nice hand and move on. When's the last time you saw an Ivey, Brunson, or Daniel call someone a donkey and belittle thier play? You were taught in school Athletics to be good sportsmen what happened since then?

Your view can be educational. Not the player is donk, just what they do. The 2 is different. Cause the people can improve their skills, so their condition is not everlasting. But the move what they did is temporary. Next time they may don't repeat it.
However you have the right to make difference about the moves, and if it's heavy for your ears, I can understand that.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the ALL! I say only my opinion: not very good anyone call "donk",
because Nobody don't like, when abuse not very good words, but Everybody
can to be in this position. And then bumerang may return to You!
Therefore think before to speak and not only in Poker, but and in Life!
So, let's will polite, cultured and civilized people, by possibility!..:cool::):D

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well theres the 440 magnum,thats a good donk hehe,or a whack on the head with a solid object,but i think the one you are looking for is someone who calls every other player a donk ,nit or idiot every time they lose a hand :p..while positional play is important its also a good place to trap from,only recommended when you have a hand worth going all in with of course.Basically DONK just means a terrible player.
A fish on the other hand is a player who is easy to get chips from due to inexperience,well thats my opinion anyway...i dont read much lol.gl all.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a donk is that player who really hasn't much experience or is on tilt, and is
making poor plays that are not favorable. Oh, and I forgot to mention that they seem to be winning at the moment despite the poor playing..That is what I think a "DONK" is..

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ha, I figured it out

DONK .. shortened form of Donkey

Donkeys are not aware of our perceptions of good or bad behaviour, they only understand what is effective for them, and so if they learn that a problematic behaviour can be effective in getting what they want then they will repeat it.