VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my case, watching videos of professionals playing in tournaments, helps me a lot to think about my game and how to play a certain situation and with you? What works?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Removing distractions. Live or online, it's hard to play well if you aren't fully engaged.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Concentration, focus, treat each hand as a case to solve, even when you have folded.
Ask yourself questions about how the hand is being played.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, seeing professional players in their streams I love because it helps me a lot, it is a luxury to see how they explain the reasoning of the plays despite being in several tournaments at the same time, it also helps me a lot to see the different points of view in the plays that go up to the forum:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it helps to watch videos. I also recommend that you study that will make your way of playing improve a lot in a short time.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
My own experience helps me the most. I learn from my mistakes and it helps me improve my game. Video with professionals is interesting, but for me as a beginner it is irrelevant.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, watching the streams of professional poker players helps a lot for me, there you can highlight a lot for yourself, they sometimes say very interesting things! I am new to poker and I still don’t know much, but I started reading some poker books, but I don’t know whether they will help me or not! I wish you all good and good luck at the tables!

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always watch poker pros streams while playing poker it helps me alot

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am watching BENCB videos and analyzing his play.

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying my past hands and blunders. Reminds me of what mistakes I make and gives me a chance to alter my play. This requires keeping a log of bad beats and such, but it has definitely improved my play.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A Double Vodka Martini

I drink that every time (almost) before I play to help me make cents of the game.

Thank you for listening!!

..bluff..

:cool:

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I found that watching poker streamers o Twitch has helped. Find one that shows what they are playing and that talks about what they are playing. It helps to get different perspectives to game play. I was quite surprised at some of the rational.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having fun, interacting with people. If I have fun it doesn't matter if I win or lose and if I'm having fun then i won't be reacting to my cards in the main and more difficult to read, that's the plan anyway.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right when you watch the games of poker professionals, you can learn to play well. I started learning the game by watching poker tournaments, most of all I like watching games with Daniel Negrianu

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Only my own mistakes help me improve my game. Mistakes are the only thing I learn from.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not know. For me, the streams of the poker pros don't give me anything. It feels like the cards are reaching them, even if they are from below. They magically get the combinations they want on the board. Their pranks do not reach me at all. I used to read a lot of books and articles about poker. And now I just play a lot and get my own gaming experience, which I correlate with theory and draw my own conclusions.

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you come across a difficult spot, take some notes. Then, later or the next day, go back and take a new look at the hand, and run it through the CardsChat Odds Calculator. You can set up the situation exactly as it was in the game you played.

You'll see your actual odds of winning in that spot (whether you actually won or not at the time is not the question - you may have made the right play and gotten unlucky, or the wrong play and gotten lucky).

The next step is crucial: remember what you learned!

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not know. For me, the streams of the poker pros don't give me anything. It feels like the cards are reaching them, even if they are from below. They magically get the combinations they want on the board. Their pranks do not reach me at all. I used to read a lot of books and articles about poker. And now I just play a lot and get my own gaming experience, which I correlate with theory and draw my own conclusions.

This is exactly why I don't really buy into 100% in what these poker players/coaches say because I'm a big believer that the game of poker in general is really subjective. It's a game of life you have to get in where you fit in. What works for one poker player might not work for you and what works for you might not work for the poker player that you admire and look up to. I learned that being myself is what helps me the most. I learn a lot more by practicing on play chip money Apps is what helps me.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First try to concentrate on the hand and not auto piloting. Somtimes we are playing to much tables and missing a lot of profitable spots.
Second go over your hands again with range charts and analyze every hand and how you will play it in any street in all the cases.
Finally you can use the poker odds Calculator on the site to find out the equity of the hand.

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Things that help you better

Hello.

Watching professional poker players as they play is good. But i believe that personal experience is the best way to improve your skills at the table.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! in my case, these are the advice of friends who play better and have been playing for a long time. They give a good hint with what hand and from what position it is better to enter, how to behave on the 9 and 6 max tables, and many other nuances. I also watch videos sometimes, I come across sensible things, but with books on poker topics, something did not go well.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned such charts as open, 3bet, coldcall in different stacks. I also take the time to analyze the game after the session. For analysis, I use Hold'em Manager 2. Of course, I periodically watch videos of professionals. But playing at their limits is very different from playing at low limits.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The instinct to pay or throw me ...

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is also a method that works well to learn poker. the other option is to read poker books and then play a lot of hands.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me reading books or articles helps me to play better.