Talk during the game of poker, do you like it?

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't do alot myself other than the friendly NH or Nice comments. I honestly would not mind if they did away with chat altogether. Most of the chat I see is people complaining and cussing others they have lost hands to and there is no sense in that.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind chat while playing and will do it sometimes if it is friendly banter.

I have no use for the insults or hissy fits and if it is at that point, I just close the chat and ignore it all.

Really the only games I seem to enjoy chatting in are the CardsChat games but it might be because we all become familiar to each other after awhile.:eek:

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talking during the game,

A little friendly chit chat, pre game, to feel out the opposition.

See if they are talking, gambling, poker, the tractor, new condo, sports game...

But during the game I generally as a rule stay silent!

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ,chatting while playing isn't that bad can also be motivating if you play with a friend or talking in something interesting.For those who use chat for disconcerting you, can be really effective if you are beginner.Most of times I am glad to chatting specially with cc members :)
no i dont, i usually say shut up and play poker i hate the banter and listen to how great they are.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really prefer stay in silence.

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like talk to the tourament when i don t play, it s friendly.

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to playing tournaments, patience is necessary, but particularly getting into MSN or Facebook helps maintain sanity and not wake up to wait for the best chance at the table we are playing. I think so

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like going to live games because you can talk to each other

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Expressions of

I think saying hello, and good luck and good game, nice hand. all these things are amazing to say to people even if you get caught in a bluff. Or you get your beat, with a bad beat you say nice call nice, or hand or good bet. Try to keep nice. I wish I could follow my own rules all the time I sometimes get carried away with bad calls by players that made a good call? K7 off suit ??? haha ?? Nice call!

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire the people who can talk about their hands and stuff during the game.
I'm not confident enough for that.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly do not like to chat during the game of poker, I deconcentrate the game and there are also those who like to destabilize the adversary with annoying words.
The question is quite controversial!!! When you play high roll, rather Yes, distracting and not comfortable with it! But over a friendly game, over a glass of whiskey, talking is just a buzz:bandit::D:D

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly do not like to chat during the game of poker, I deconcentrate the game and there are also those who like to destabilize the adversary with annoying words.

I like talking but I find so hard guys to talk to:))) everybody is ignoring me;))

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In general I do not talk to anyone, but if I am asked something, I answer them. I do not get into controversy with the players but I am amused by the comments between them.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I occasionally put a comment myself here or there either for good or sarcastic xD for my self or the others and I'm always friendly and open to answer to anything.
I prefer a relaxing friendly and light atmosphere over a heavy and overly serious one, even if in the end we play for money and we all want to win.
Of course we can't play chess by talking all the time nor poker and have a long philosophical conversation, but first of all comes that we are human beings and then everything else.

G

gti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like being distracted from my game. and I never bother to talk

K

krypto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don’t mind table chat, I do a lot of table chat, not only for talk but for a game style also, getting people to talk distracts them when they play hands, and could turn out to be good in my favour

M

mcrider122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

i like to greet people when i start playing i am very careful of chatting while i am playing ive seen it used to distract a lot of new players if you want to talk at a ring game ill sit out and talk to you

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think chatting can add a positive element to the game provided it is friendly conversation.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During Live Poker, I have my headphones on so I don't talk much. If the table is lively then I will chat with the table which does make the game funner. I do make more mistakes though. The conversations Online isn't that great, but on occasion I have had some good ones.

P

Pepepep10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen but not talk so I wear earphones so folk don't engage me.... However they aren't even plugged in to anything

For online, I do a little... Only pleasant comments from me though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, how can i meet people if i don t talk? Is a good way to meet people and to have fun...in final is a poker game and is not in a church to be silent.:)))))))))

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me poker is a social activity, so I chat with everyone at the table, but not constantly.

Online, if someone is spamming the chat, I just turn it off.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi 👋 everyone, i dont think , that talking during your game is good idea. Your concentration is wery important!
Sorry for my inglish))

You allways have situations, when you should to decide an important way, in that moment, i want silence)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problems to me. I chat cause i dont play Just to win. I believe that social game is better

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a serious game, I almost never say anything unless I need to. When I talk, it is only to get my opponent talking and gain information about their hand/spotting tells.

Casual games with friends is another story: here talk is to enhance the social element and bring more "fun" to the atmosphere. In a serious game, I am not there for the atmosphere and am not focused on being overly friendly: I am there to win chips from my opponents!

Top 10 Games