Talk during the game of poker, do you like it?

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to write, it distracts from the game

tweedy_1313

tweedy_1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too distracting a friendly hello & GL before the game starts but not during the game.

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to sometimes make positive remarks on players when they make a nice comeback or played a nice hand. It makes me feel less like a robot. The social part of poker is almost gone when playing online and that's a shame. I don't like players who make negative remarks, are tilting or are calling people fish, very unprofessional.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes, sometimes you distract your enemies, so I think I'll keep doing it sometimes!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no talking

i prefer not to talk but i dont maind if the others are talking

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chat at the table..

Firstly i respect those players who have stated they do not like chat at the table or do not participate in chat as it affects their focus or concentration.

As someone who loves chatting as part of my game, i would simply encourage those who do not want to see the chat - to use their respective settings in their poker client and disable that.

Poker for me is a social thing as much as a competition but i recognise both points of view here.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly do not like to chat during the game of poker, I deconcentrate the game and there are also those who like to destabilize the adversary with annoying words.

Chatting while playing means diversion from the game.

I don't engage in any conversation while i am winning. I want every ounce of my energy to focus on my winning trend. Distraction may lead to mistakes.

However i do like to chat if i am losing. I need a diversion of mind to refresh myself.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't accustom to chat on tablets but I am open to the talk if it is a friendly talk of course, something i hear players trying to pressure others, but in a heavy way, that's uncomfortable

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly do not like to chat during the game of poker, I deconcentrate the game and there are also those who like to destabilize the adversary with annoying words.

I like it when I am out of a hand, ignore it when I am in. It makes the idle time more enjoyable.

K

KristianMedK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never during online poker, or any tournament.

But a friendly game of poker with friends, sure, talking and having fun would have priority over winning.

J

jova1994

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good live I like to talk at the table because one can get information to the opponent, but online very little you can get information since you do not have it in front to see body information or grimaces that can do ...:)

Fieldysnuts44

Fieldysnuts44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I’m just playing at a friends house,I’m good with talking,but when I play live or online,I have to have headphones and music on.

Fieldy

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't concentrate to talk fluidly and genuinely without slow my processing at my current level. But id love to grow and develop that capacity. Talking is great

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely chat during a tournament I find it distracting. Once and a while i’ll throw out a NH that’s about it however it’s quite funny seeing other players comments that are fired up.

J

JuiceLee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to talk in a chat when i play! And i love when i meet a player who is the same as me! Or when i dominate a pokergame with a player when we talk a little bit! Sometimes there is a really fine connection with some players! Are you a Talker or a Silent Player??

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t mind it but sometimes I use it to my advantage. I think it is a must in poker.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time I like chatting at the table is in CC games. Its friendly and you get to know people from the forum.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mind small talk, although there are some players that are good enough to talk their way into your hand, so most of the time I keep to myself.

S

StateDeParis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat is good when you recived pozitive message from your oponent.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
banter

i actually enjoy some light banter, i never get mean or abusive , dont mind a joke or two.
that is on line, in live games its about the same except i am able to try to read people with some banter.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are multi-tabling then you probably not even reading the chat let alone talking. Live poker it is a must, especially if you engaged in conversation prior to being at the table. Online, I'm a much better listener than a talker. If the chance comes up, don't mind putting the thorn in the side of those on tilt. Looking for Humpty Dumpty to tilt over.

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes get distracted when trying to talk and play poker. So usually i just make it to where i dont have to view the stuff.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.It depends on the numberof tables I´m playing in..If I´m playing,for example,only a CC freeroll I have no problem to chat with other members .but not too much.I don´t like to distract my opponents on purpose with chat.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t really like talking during the game, it is distracting and does not allow me to concentrate on the game normally. Basically, if I am talking with someone, it’s usually no more than a few words.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talking isn't a bad thing. But can be.

I think that chat during play is a good thing. Having a good time is most important. Some times people's fingers say to much. I've been there. My fingers can be direct and to the point sometimes. Chat is not a bad thing. Just use it right.

Top 10 Games