Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a simple but very good rule. Be patient and don't play with junk. And this rule is good for both professionals and beginners.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how would you know if they are recreational?
recreational means fun player, and I think they are playing to make money if they are using tracking software.
not necessarily a pro though, there's a middle ground. not everyone is rec/pro. I think we can safely say there's "amateurs" "semi-pro" or even pro's that don't make as much as these guys with huge bankrolls. its easy when you have a bankroll.

IKE390

IKE390

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Statistics are very good if you know how to use them.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
yes it is very helpful if you understand statistics

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
stats re winning percentage are just frustrating - hate losing to that 4.55% chance opponent had on river - just puts one on tilt for a moment...

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I have seen several videos or streams where both professionals and recreational players play with statistics. In professionals they might be helpful, but in a recreational one, playing with statistics is very helpful?
Especially in frerolls I've lost many times trying to play by the stats. For them to work, the other players also need to know them, otherwise they will be very unpredictable and your bluff (or not) will be compromised.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You definitely need statistics! But only after learning how to handle it. Otherwise you'll just get confused

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course! I think that it is really important. If you are a recreational player the statistics are not relevant but if you increase in the levels it can be really helpful 😀

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think it definitely comes in handy to use stats at the table. I also use it more and more often

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most cases, statistics help, but sometimes they are misleading.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me, way too much variance to be able to match to any particular situation. The best skill is to be able to read the table and also when to fold, especially in MTTs. Knowing the odds is fine, but the amount of times they go out the window is phenomenal.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I don't play serious poker, I don't need statistics either.