Russian Poker Players

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, guys!
What do you think about Russian poker players?
My opinion on your question is of course meant to be a general opinion on Russian players.
In the 14 plus years of playing online and playing thousands of heads-up matches against Russians, my observations is that they are extremely aggressive and try to bully you at every step of the way.
I have coded each Russian player with a GA code in my notes, which stands for Gorilla Aggressive, but many times the code extends to GAI where it refers to idiot ……. Lol
Frankly I really enjoy playing against Russians; they have made me a pretty profit over the years due to their blind aggression

M

Makoto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are trash talking when I take their stacks but can't understand them.. 😂

Also think they like trump lol

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AlexeyMorozov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a traditional game in Russia, plus the entire game of poker is limited at the legislative level. In this, it is not surprising that among the Russian players of so little standing. But everything has its time. Now in Russian poker is very popular among young people, and it is growing. And I'm sure that will not be long when the Russian players will make a worthy competition to the British and Americans. Out of politics.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does it matter where the player is from? In any country there is such something, that cry want and vice versa. It is high time to understand not the country affects the game. Poker is public domain. Personally I don't care where someone is from, more importantly what he represents.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Fishes and Sharks and Variance and etc etc etc
They all make the poker game more interesting
Lets play everyone and adjust to the players at table
Rgds

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn,t matter from which country players are. There is a bad players and a good players everywhere.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends... Russia is big country so they have big pool of players... Ofc that many from them are fishes, but there is a lot of good players too... I mean nationality doesn't mean a lot (except maybe temperament)

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ecuador a small country if it has a champion of the world series of poker in 2007, has 2 brazalestes is called Carlos Mortensen and is Ecuadorian
Man that is some excellent stacking skills

V

Viktor Krysko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very inflammatory and very often bluffing. With love from Ukraine:captain::D

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are not many poker players in Ecuador for being a small country ... russia has a lot more inhabitants and that is why there are many players online, pokerstars freerolls are invaded by russian players, but when a latino enters a freeroll Russian you do not like it !! , all Russian poker sites are racist, For example, GipsyTeam is an extremely racist Russian page, here on CardsChat no one is racist and its moderators, this is a very respectful page and open to everyone, that's why CardsChat is the number one.. if 1,000 players enter a freeroll ... 850 are Russian

To say that they are maniacs and Fish to play is no insult !!

They are very maniac and Fish

Russia is a very big country! Like in Brazil. Of this a lot of players from Russia and Brazil! and many of them do not learn poker! In my opinion! Such an opinion follows from this !? I think that with them you can profitably play + for yourself! In my opinion it’s good!

Открыть Google Переводчик

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are not many poker players in Ecuador for being a small country ... russia has a lot more inhabitants and that is why there are many players online, pokerstars freerolls are invaded by russian players, but when a latino enters a freeroll Russian you do not like it !! , all Russian poker sites are racist, For example, GipsyTeam is an extremely racist Russian page, here on CardsChat no one is racist and its moderators, this is a very respectful page and open to everyone, that's why CardsChat is the number one.. if 1,000 players enter a freeroll ... 850 are Russian
What do you mean by "GipsyTeam is an extremely racist Russian page"? I mean, if you'll start to write in English on a Russian forum, of course your message will be deleted or you'll get banned. Same applies here on CC. How is that a racism?

Bigg197

Bigg197

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Я Русский игрок и считаю себя адекватным) Всех флеш раяля желаю)
I Russian player and believe themselves adequate) All flash royal wish)

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a traditional game in Russia, plus the entire game of poker is limited at the legislative level. In this, it is not surprising that among the Russian players of so little standing. But everything has its time. Now in Russian poker is very popular among young people, and it is growing. And I'm sure that will not be long when the Russian players will make a worthy competition to the British and Americans. Out of politics.
In fact, there are a lot of strong players from the former USSR, but they most often play on parallel events so as not to light up. So they can raise more money.

Players from Europe and America are much easier to attend live tournaments.

Well, at the main online events at the final table, a lot of our players play.

What do you mean by "GipsyTeam is an extremely racist Russian page"? I mean, if you'll start to write in English on a Russian forum, of course your message will be deleted or you'll get banned. Same applies here on CC. How is that a racism?
it may be a little late, but I think that their moderator does not know English well.:)

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Maniacs" and "fishes" isnt insulting in any cases! Thats poker terms used to describe type of poker player or poker player style. Term "inadequately" isnt use for this! So, me personally cant find how he insult someone here.

I would say fish is an insult as it describes a very bad player. Maniac though is definitely just a type of player but too loose although still the bonus of being aggressive. But do not find fish particularly insulting and is a standard term but I would never want to be called a fish but at the same time would not be particularly offended, but would see it as criticism of my play. At the end of the day though many sites give you fish symbols to use in the chat.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are hard to find, very aggressive in their game. Overall quite complicated to keep up. :)

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
They must be doing something right, Dicktator Putin can't stop them.

I like 50/50 $3.50 SNGs on Stars but there always appears to be 3 or 4 Russians registered and I can never be sure they are not playing as a team. Therefore I spend too much time trying to find games where no more than 2 Russians are registered, usually means waiting till 8 or 9 players are registered.

Last edited:
D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russian poker players can be and are brilliant. Just like their Chess players, many are some of the most highly skilled players in the game.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Russian players and the romanian ones too!!! I don't care where your from i just want to win. Only thing i ask is if you chat chat in english so we can all understand

Bigg197

Bigg197

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember, there are no bad nations, there are bad people

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that Russian players are normal guys, they play as they see fit for themselves.

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, guys!
there are all good bad etc but it should be noted that they had very good results in recent years

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In my opinion it is a generalisation to attribute specific characteristics to an entire nation or group of people.

That being said, in my experience, I have found Russian players to often be very aggressive, bordering on maniacal.

This isn't intended as a criticism because it makes for a very unpredictable and difficult opponent.

Recently I was looking at some of my statistics, possibly for a single tournament (but in truth I forget what is was from), and I'd KO'd double the amount of Russian players than any other nationality.

Which implies I'm less scared of Russian players and their presumed aggression than I used to be! :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the All CardsChat Community! I yourself from Russia! Therefore me is
very difficult to be objectively... But anyway I say my opinion. In Russia live
more 160 nationalities, hence the palette our players are very various,
therefore a main feature Russian players, I think, is them unpredictability...
But this is only my private opinion. See you for the tables!:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont find these generalisations particularly usefull. But in my experience Russia is one of several countries in the former Soviet Union, which supply a lot of reasonably competent regulars to online micro stakes games. Which is not difficult to understand given the average salary for a normal job in these countries.

Its simply more worthwhile to grind the micros for profits, if you live in a low income region, and on the other side there are less people, who have money to spend on recreational gambling. So you see less truly recreational players from a country like Russia, although there are some.

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, guys!

I believe they have no attachment to the dollars and they don't care if they get lost so they play like crazy

Remember, there are no bad nations, there are bad people

there is actually no luck in poker but courage:p:p:p