Recreational Weed, Alcohol, Poker What Are Your Thoughts?

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a no go for me when playing. I like to keep my wits about me, so I can make sound decisions, and not lose out.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Drug and alcohol do not go together even if you do not play poker. I think that in a poker game must stay 100% focused. Pick water :D

M

Mlamb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After an 8 buy in loss during one session in a span of 3 hours. That was the last time I ever drank and played. Safe to say I learned my lesson the hard way that night.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like a party. I'll wear my freedom rock attire, "well turn it up man"! Even home games played for money can go bad quickly with those combinations. For the serious player it doesn't sound like a good idea. Game for fun with family and friends, I'm still taking it serious.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have the opportunity to play live, always the game does not pass without alcohol. Playing live only with friends and therefore alcohol at the table routine. But some friends specifically do not drink in the hope of winning money)))

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
already there are several threads where they ask about drugs and for me it is already unpleasant to read them

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I agree you play a little more loose when you drink. You can get into that drunken zone and win money though. Its like your a machine running on ethanol. You just play the stats like a rock or machine. Its hard to explain. However, you lack feeling and just react on the flip of the cards. No person can affect you. No players can affect you. You just act like a zombie on the brink of a three day mill workout.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i find it is better to be sober of both when playing it is hard enough playing when i am straight

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch with pleasure the game "Drunken Master" Roger Teska. See what the guru of the alco-poker does on the Internet will not regret. Although the conversations on the wsop are many such masters. Itself has not yet reached such heights in the use of alcohol is not in poker unfortunately.:mad:

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that drinking alcohol while gambling will inevitably lead to their loss, because with increasing levels of alcohol in the blood you find it harder to control your emotions.And when emotions come to the fore, you cannot make the right decisions. Therefore, playing poker and drinking alcohol at the same time is only possible if you play for chips or you are ready to lose the amount you have invested without regret and bad consequences for you.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've found taking Kratom has really helped my game... takes enough of the anxiety out to make sound decisons and allows me to focus a bit better (I'm a bit ADD)

I have often wondered about this as I am a Kratom user as well. I was up to 35 grams per day and I have tapered back down to 15-18g. One of the transition days came with a big migraine. I think I have much more clarity at the lower doses.

M

milagua

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO DRUGS, NO WEED, NO ALCOHOL!

DRINK WATER AND NATURAL JUICE!

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a wonderful world and you should enjoy your selves. But if you cant do it respectfully and responsibly then you should probably leave it alone. I feel like anything you do is fine, it is the abuse that is bad:0) Have fun and good luck out there:0)

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
After drinking alcohol, I cease to fully control myself, I make many wacky mistakes. Never drink before the game !!!

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After drinking alcohol, I cease to fully control myself, I make many wacky mistakes. Never drink before the game !!!
You're not alone, most become idiots when drunk.

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried to play poker with beer sucks. I think poker and alcohol or drugs are not combined. Get up on skis, health will not hurt.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so how do you distinguish such people who drink?)

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried both because you know I always over estimate my abilities.

When drinking in moderation I get relaxed and can actually play better 2 to 3 beers are the spot, any more than that might as well just stop playing and get on the mood, I tried to play high a couple of times but to me is impossible, I start wondering off the game and remind my self that I am playing poker, action is happening while I am drown in my own thoughts so I have no idea who I am playing.

No good from my perspective