Recreational Weed, Alcohol, Poker What Are Your Thoughts?

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For the most part I think drugs and or alcohol while playing is not a good idea. Now don't get me wrong, a beer or 1 mixed drink while playing I don't think will cause someone to go blasting off a stack or 2 when they normally would not, but when people go overboard they start to get sloppy, and when a player is already loose and agro to begin with, it just becomes a receipt for disaster

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how I'd be able to target drunk or high players with online poker, I suppose I could ask every time I enter table? so.... Whos drunk or high then? :D

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how I'd be able to target drunk or high players with online poker, I suppose I could ask every time I enter table? so.... Whos drunk or high then? :D
Lmao,but I was talking about live

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen at hard rock in Tampa alcohol influence players ,I see going all in without looking at cards easy target,I drink a few to calm my never then I stop I go to my car smoke unless I have vape but when I smoke I'm more relax and I analyzed every move there is a lot of fish so I can't be drinking at the table ,online different story you have to really pay attention to the table I'm a smoker not a drinker ,with alcohol I make bets that I normally fold and I end up chasing the money and that is always BAD!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the most part I think drugs and or alcohol while playing is not a good idea. Now don't get me wrong, a beer or 1 mixed drink while playing I don't think will cause someone to go blasting off a stack or 2 when they normally would not, but when people go overboard they start to get sloppy, and when a player is already loose and agro to begin with, it just becomes a receipt for disaster

I agree but who is able to drink just 1 beer? I have seen much more frequently people who sit for 1 beer and drink 5 than people who sit for 1 beer and really drink 1. :D

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weed makes it so you people much tighter and passive-er and alcohol makes people play much looser and agressive-er generally IMO from what I have seen. Though everyone reacts to chemicals in their brain differently, so it might not always be the case, but what I said above is what I have observed for the most part.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that alcohol during the game prevents concentrating,
so I try not to drink alcohol during the game.
Frankly, I prefer coffee.

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol and poker game is incompatible, no more a couple of bottles of beer for a good mood

lexaplis

lexaplis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke weed, but I did not play smoky poker)). I must try, I think I will be as focused as possible

P

Plan_l8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always can smoke some after game to relieve stress or make deep game analytics)))

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going down to Foxwoods to play in a tournament one day and my wife said to me why don't try playing without smoking pot. I said to her, are you crazy I've been playing winning poker for 30 years and I've always been high, why would I stop now.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe

It destroys the mind and the consciousness falls apart like a house of cards, but all the less there is no fear, and you become a kamikaze. That is, distribute yourself and your opponent :D there is such a drunken wizard film, with Jackie Chan)) something like that, you become madly toxic like a skunk, and nobody wants to deal with you)):p :(

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would save both for after sessions, not before or during.

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember hearing the old-time poker player Doyle Brunson say that he won't play a person who is drunk because they'll play irrationally. It wasn't a matter of not wanting to take advantage of someone who sits a table with their judgement impaired by alcohol. He says it's too risky playing them.

I don't take poker too seriously and like to have a few beers while I play to loosen up a bit. Smoking can make me drowsy, so I'll stay away from that stuff on a poker night.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think anyone who drink to many at tables start bluffing a lot they become easy targets, in the other hand some one high is more relax harder to read,

Anything that interferes with your ability to correctly read your opponents is not good for your poker game.

Good luck !

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to be focused on game, alcohol and weed make you harder to play

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drugs and alcohol will only slow you down in the game and make you lose more and more, you have to be 100% focused on the game, and these things will not help you.

FerSilva8100

FerSilva8100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol and poker do not mix.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see a positive side in anything that can change my decision, I believe it will greatly increase the chances of loss.

P

p3645

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that any doping will not help you. Of course, you may have luck and you will win, but do you want to win with luck? Luck is the last hope of those who want to win by chance, and work - for those who know the price of choice. I mean, in order for you to win, you need to develop yourself: your thinking, your body.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost sober, on weed, drunk, drunk and drugged, and some of my biggest winnings were with alcohol a/o weed, so why let the good things out. If you are used to use drugs/alcohol and play poker, I think it doesn't make a big difference. I totally agree with ChieftalkingBull: never change a winning team :) :canabis: :beer:

D

digosousap

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weed can be good, relax your mind and play nice hah

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol and poker are incompatible concepts ...)
After alcohol - it's better to sing songs in the bar ..)))
:dancing:
For sure you prefer me playing poker over singing a song after a beer:D.

Last edited:
8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost sober, on weed, drunk, drunk and drugged, and some of my biggest winnings were with alcohol a/o weed, so why let the good things out. If you are used to use drugs/alcohol and play poker, I think it doesn't make a big difference. I totally agree with ChieftalkingBull: never change a winning team :) :canabis: :beer:
+1 YOLO
I think I prefer to play poker against intoxited people; but only online.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone is playing for fun, there are no obstacles to drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana (if it is legal).