Recreational Weed, Alcohol, Poker What Are Your Thoughts?

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think anyone who drink to many at tables start bluffing a lot they become easy targets, in the other hand some one high is more relax harder to read,

S

sakuraitaro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
agree

alcohol is definitely worse than weed when it come to how it affects your game play. ppl on weed are way more careful and methodical. However, they may also be more likely to fold, whereas, the alcoholic may be more likely to bluff and squeeze. pick you poison

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think anyone who drink to many at tables start bluffing a lot they become easy targets, in the other hand some one high is more relax harder to read,
If you play drugged or drunk in a game that requires a lot of concentration I think you will not get good results

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t do either till you put the. Chips away anything that effects the way you think is bad for your game

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker I prefer to drink coffee or tea and no alcohol or entertaining weeds, I think that this will not lead to good in the game, it's better to be focused on the game!

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol and poker don't mix well for me.

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

What if they are drinking and smoking dope? :drunken_s

What's your thinking on that? :stupido2:

Are they harder to read to know if they are bluffing? :questionm

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player in alcohol or drug intoxication is like a car without brakes...

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find I play a lot better when iv smokes a doobie it might make some people zone out a little and lose some focus but I don’t find that happens 2 often to me and it definitely helps Me stay calm in a tight sit where normally I’d feel I’ll as for alcohol as long as u don’t drink 2 much u should be good the only time iv ever played completely wasted I won but more down to look I found it highly entertaining at the time though

J

Johnrickard123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I've played at 1/2 and 2/5 live with competent players who were drinking pretty heavily over a session who ended up as big winners and sober idiots who had a VPIP of well over 70% and fired multiple bullets into cash games. More to do with a persons ability than the drink I'd say. I've played live MTTs stoned myself and I wouldn't do that again. Keeping up with the flow was difficult for me, though it doesn't bother me so much whilst online.

Lupu Anatolie

Lupu Anatolie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play awake to keep it under control

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In my experience, I can say that drinking alcohol during a game is a great stupidity, because you immediately become a very easy target for your opponents. This is because you lose concentration, start to play more loose and aggressive and overestimate the strength of your hands and the situation at the table is blurred for you. In addition, you make more mistakes and this inevitably leads you to a loss! Do not drink during the game, play soberly and judiciously!:icon_king:D

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well during home poker games we are usually drinking but the focus there is more shifted towards seeing each other than the game itself. Even there though when i get over 3 big vodkas playing becomes more difficult so i can not imagine to drink alcohol during serious games. Everything that distracts you or affect your mind during poker can not help in my opinion. Maybe if you tilt too easy drinking one vodka may help you to be more relaxed but more than that it will for sure be negative. Regarding weed - i do not smoke so i can not comment.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not recreational, it's degradational stuff.
My humble opinion.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play poker I prefer to drink coffee or tea and no alcohol or entertaining weeds, I think that this will not lead to good in the game, it's better to be focused on the game!

Coffee in a live game, not good. I did that once, went in all jacked up on coffee and my hands shook something fierce. Plus the fact that I needed to go to the little boys room for the first hour.

I have no illusions about making any real money playing poker. I do it more for recreation. So a beer here and there, in moderation, isn't all that bad. As long as I am not falling out of my chair -- what's the harm.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, I do not drink alcohol during the game, he blunders thinking

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

On this issue the answer has already been known for a long time. The simplest example is why people are locked up driving a car in a state of alcoholic or psychotropic intoxication? Because the reaction decreases very much, like the mindfulness, the work of the brain. Based on this example and in poker, everything is the same. Drunk drivers are not predictable, like drunk players. But does the drunk player become more advantageous because of his unpredictability? No).

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f

As i said before....alcohol and poker is not a good combination.I prefer to stay out of alchohol while playing poker ...i may take some decisions that will destroy my chips .My advice is to have a break as more as you can ...so your way of thinking could be 100% clear.Good luck at your tables.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it will be even worse if you believe one of your vices is useful for something

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol and poker are incompatible concepts ...)
After alcohol - it's better to sing songs in the bar ..)))
:dancing:

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coffee in a live game, not good. I did that once, went in all jacked up on coffee and my hands shook something fierce. Plus the fact that I needed to go to the little boys room for the first hour.

I have no illusions about making any real money playing poker. I do it more for recreation. So a beer here and there, in moderation, isn't all that bad. As long as I am not falling out of my chair -- what's the harm.

I like your nickname. I not sure you are the REAL one. but anyway...:)