Poker is stress killer

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately I get stressed every time I play, there's not a single day that's ok

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that even if you see positive results in some tournaments or plays, the stress in money tournaments is inevitable, in fact in what I can give you the reason, is that when I feel stressed, I change to play money and there I relax a lot playing and even enjoy more talks with other players at the table.

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I am calm when playing. But there are times when you pour good language favorite poker room. Especially when your AA moved 8.2. :eek::eek::eek:

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on stakes you are playing. If you play on money you cannot afford, it IS stressful, no matter the circumstances.
If you play with proper bankroll management (BRM), it is stressless and indeed, relaxing.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything in life is like that, and it gets better when it happens in poker !!!!! oiuAHEaoIUHE aoiUEH aIOUEH aoieh aieh AOIeha

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I began to play poker, trying to start having nice results, the game was a little bit stressy. I am generally not anxious. When my game stabilized, and saw the consecutive results the satisfaction started to grow! This satisfaction erased all the stress. Poker became an ally against stress sources. What do you think?

To my mind for mos of players poker is source of stress :)

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the same, if you take it like a game, but sometimes can be very adicttive.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the All!
I think in occasion with Poker all individually, this is as with coin: heads or tails.
I mean the Poker can to be a "killer" of stress, if the all going good, but can to be a reverse...
Main to play by bankroll: I think this " Golden Rule" is number one for everyone player!
Then Poker will more positive occupation, then negative...
Good Luck!:)

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, I am always stressed, afraid to lose my money.

C

Cdawg405

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, I am always stressed, afraid to lose my money.

Same, especially when people are going all in with 3,6 vs A,A and winning with full house or 4 of a kind lmao.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that after a few years of playing and learning, poker is becoming our safe zone. There is no stress here. :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
When I began to play poker, trying to start having nice results, the game was a little bit stressy. I am generally not anxious. When my game stabilized, and saw the consecutive results the satisfaction started to grow! This satisfaction erased all the stress. Poker became an ally against stress sources. What do you think?

Glad for you and your successful game. Let it go on as long as possible. Not everyone is lucky, so someone on the contrary has a lot of stress. As the saying goes: "sink or swim":fight:

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
clear that poker is a stressful game but if you do not know how to take the results and affect your life if you can not win

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rather the opposite. stress maker especially when moving !!

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely feel more relieved and stress free when playing. Knowing I'm exercising my mind and winning money on top of it leads me to a great mental state. It's a kind of meditation really, getting into the zone and making optimal decisions to be profitable in the end.

I like what you said here, about it being a kind of meditation. For me, poker can, sometimes, be a great stress-reliever because it gives me head space - I shut out the problems of the day and try to just focus on the one single hand I'm playing at that point in time, exercise my mind to make the optimal decision, and let the cards fall where they may. When I manage to do this successfully, good poker results tend to follow. (I should add that I never manage to do this successfully when multi-tabling!)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have to be careful with this analysis because, obviously, when it's winning everything is flowers, and when it's losing pressure it becomes a tractor without brake.
Knowing how to deal with each situation is what puts a player on a higher level!

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a stressful game regardless to me. There’s highly intense moments of deep thoughtful and calculation that could make or break your session. The least stressful situation would be if I’m short stacked in a tournament. The you’re basically playing the odds without much thought. Outside of a walk there’s not too many times I wouldn’t experiment stress

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm very passionate about poker, and I can't not get nervous at some crucial moments of some games

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is sress killer when you do good, but bad runs are something else...

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cost of stress

We all know the cost of stress in our lives but do we realize how much stress can cost us. How much can you afford to lose without being stressed? When you stay below that level of cost you can play stress free?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's fair. But that's not the case when you get into downstreak. That's when the real stress of poker comes.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is getting me confidence, I was a clinical depressive and poker cured me.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many times with the publications of other members I feel more than identified.
Many times it happens to me that it is the other way around, I usually get more nervous in a good game of poker

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's fair. But that's not the case when you get into downstreak. That's when the real stress of poker comes.
Calm and only calm, sir! Composure is necessary not only for frogs, but also for poker players. :cool: