makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I began to play poker, trying to start having nice results, the game was a little bit stressy. I am generally not anxious. When my game stabilized, and saw the consecutive results the satisfaction started to grow! This satisfaction erased all the stress. Poker became an ally against stress sources. What do you think?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am happy for you and for your good game. But dispersion is an insidious thing, you can lose when you play correctly for several months and lose confidence in yourself. online poker is just stress.
Online poker rooms exist only for profit for their owners, never forget about it. You are only a cow for them to get money.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely feel more relieved and stress free when playing. Knowing I'm exercising my mind and winning money on top of it leads me to a great mental state. It's a kind of meditation really, getting into the zone and making optimal decisions to be profitable in the end.

C

chazmahal10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah right

Poker is by far the most stressful game in this world. I am 30 and gray. lol j/k but I promise the ups and downs in poker can cause for a very stressful life. I don't think I would ever want to play for a living.

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
XD is serious, well at least if you are winning if you feel very good, but really poker is a concentration game, and nothing to be relaxed much .. I tell you there are times that at the end of a session I end up more stressed than habit

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are on a roll and winning then yes. Otherwise it can get equally as frustrating.

D

d3str0y3r

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not a stress killer in my opinion cause you're playing with your money(and when it comes to money only few have the ability not to be stressed) .. I tend to see it as a good time killer instead(i just play for fun)

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on you and your results , sometimes it's the opposite when you're not doing well , and it can affect your real life .

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a very stressful game, I've been playing for three years, but still for me every game is stressful

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that is a game where the stress is on, even more if you're betting high. But that's what a pro player achives: on his mind, it's just a game, and you need to accept that poker has many variables that you can't control, just enjoy. Stress will bring tilt, and you don't want to tilt has you play.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I h ave a high stress job, so the stresses of poker especially when you play within your financial means, are not that large. I often use poker as a stress reliever, the game just makes me happy even though it can be a cruel mistress at times lol.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends on you what will be your attitude to poker. If you are looking for a reason to be nervous, poker will be an excellent occasion for this. But you can just have fun and enjoy the game.:)

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me sometimes he gives me stress with the Bads, so I have to leave the game to not get nervous, but poker is this, now surprises me to say that do not stress playing, of course I confess that when everything happens well in the game, there is no stress but joy of giving Bads on the partners at the table...

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are either a good candidate to become a monk, or you have not yet played the micro and freeroll games online enough to encounter some of these people and the way they play.

Is it me or is there a new trend of never folding a pair, no matter how small it is or how big the bets are? It doesn't matter how crazy the board gets on 4th and 5th street. It seems that these people are unbluffable, and are always looking to donk people with turned and rivered trips and two pairs. They see any draw, back door and gut shot, as the nuts, and they love going to show down with a pair of twos and a seven kicker.

I think if you play long enough, getting stressed and upset is inevitable. It is all a matter of how well you can cope with it over the long term, when back luck and bad players seem to be flooding your way; if you can find your own way to deal with the reality of annoying and obnoxiously bad players and their god awful play, you will be a winner in the long run.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad you find stress relief in this game.

I feel like it can relieve stress or cause it depending on the day and circumstances. These days, I try not to let it get to me and I'm only playing freerolls currently so I think it helps relieve stress as well.

Once I start making real money deposits, things might change!

Andrey Krok

Andrey Krok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are either a good candidate to become a monk, or you have not yet played the micro and freeroll games online enough to encounter some of these people and the way they play.

Is it me or is there a new trend of never folding a pair, no matter how small it is or how big the bets are? It doesn't matter how crazy the board gets on 4th and 5th street. It seems that these people are unbluffable, and are always looking to donk people with turned and rivered trips and two pairs. They see any draw, back door and gut shot, as the nuts, and they love going to show down with a pair of twos and a seven kicker.

I think if you play long enough, getting stressed and upset is inevitable. It is all a matter of how well you can cope with it over the long term, when back luck and bad players seem to be flooding your way; if you can find your own way to deal with the reality of annoying and obnoxiously bad players and their god awful play, you will be a winner in the long run.
This is especially true of Brazilians and Romanians. And maybe this is the right game for MTT. The play on fear of rivals. It's good to train super aggressive style in freerolls or play money tournaments like Bounty Builder progressive knockout on pokerstars. Of course it is unpleasant to lose with premium hands against the garbage hand of the aggressor) in my opinion this is the most difficult style and necessary at a late stage and in the heads up. I don't mean the idiots who with any cards go allin.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I also had stress at the beginning of the game, but now for a couple of years I play freely and everything happens and there are losses, but there are also winnings from me, I have already got used to the game that I sometimes have a good time in the game!

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is the best entertainment that has come into my life, eliminating every source of stress that existed in my life. As a kid, I liked to play video games, football or even marbles. As an adult I need to find something that would help me to continue the fun of competitiveness, and thank God I knew poker.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not achieved that hahaha. The bad beats followed, bad spells, make me stress more than I started to play haha. I'm trying to control and maintain a line of play without worrying about the losses. regards

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hmm I don't know but it has to do with the buy in , confidence is something you can build only through experience and play some spots very often so you don't have to ''calculate'' all the different factors in every decision!

I you are at that point then you have already done a major step forward!Don't forget that you never want to play poker with ''scared money'' otherwise you are not ready yet for those limits.

IMO if I sit to a table with 7-8 very strong and well balanced regulars I feel that I will be very stressed simply because you can't exploit them.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stress

I have read some of the responses and can see both sides of this topic meaning poker can be a stress relief and as well bring stress depending what games and $ amounts you are playing for.

Working with numbers, contracts , bids, billings etc. all day long as the Sr. Estimator at a commercial excavation corp. coming home and playing poker online is a "wind down" for me and a stress relief.

I don't play in a lot of high $ games but can imagine how stress could be a factor in that environment.

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I def agree that poker can be a true stress relief, has been for me at times... Just like anything though, slip into a great book, watching a movie, sports, etc, all things that help us get away from troubles or other stressors in life. Moderation for all, is the key, through my experiences.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker is huge stress factor for those who don't have any strategy, these people rarely manage to win anything and usually end their sessions with a little depression. must have a plan for every occasion.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker has a good effect on mental activity, which improves overall health. In my opinion it is obvious that playing poker is useful. And even more useful for health is to be a member of our community. :D