Poker is stress killer

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I began to play poker, trying to start having nice results, the game was a little bit stressy. I am generally not anxious. When my game stabilized, and saw the consecutive results the satisfaction started to grow! This satisfaction erased all the stress. Poker became an ally against stress sources. What do you think?

I found it relaxing once I realized to expect the worse.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never consider poker stress free or a stres reducer. even playing well and having good cards will cause you grey hairs.

Sss888111

Sss888111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I began to play poker, trying to start having nice results, the game was a little bit stressy. I am generally not anxious. When my game stabilized, and saw the consecutive results the satisfaction started to grow! This satisfaction erased all the stress. Poker became an ally against stress sources. What do you think?

Naturally with experience comes confidence, respectively, and decreases stress, but the variance in the truth takes its, in my opinion in this case, helps sport!

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stress killer? More like stress inducer

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

When I started it was a little stressful too, but then I started to play with ease and my game started to evolve and thanks to the advice and the teachings of forums

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker isnt a stresskiller.It makes u more stressfull.

Toasted_Luck

Toasted_Luck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played irl and online poker for 15ish yrs. If I know I'm going to be playing poker soon, I make sure I take my xanax that day. Otherwise I find myself getting overwhelmed when I get below starting chips level.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well I usually play real money holdem MTTs for various reasons, but I can't say that poker being a stress killer is one of these reasons now. But it definitely used to be one for me.
I used to take a sit at 3 tables of 8-game for play money on PS when I had some real life issues or problems that I needed to think out. There were regs out there who were playing real good although it was play money, so it was not just a brainless donkish game, and 3 tables of mixed games mean that you usually play a different game at every table plus they are changing all the time. So I don't know how it was working but while I was concentrating on the games, somehow on background of my mind I started to become more OK with what I was dealing with and was able to come up with answers or solutions to whatever was going on or puzzled me in life. So that was like the best therapy for me, I still remember how poker helped me when I had very stressful job and just a messy period of my life.

R

RaydonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I oftentimes view poker like I do for a competitive sports game. Could be stressful when the games are tough, but can also be fun and perhaps a stress killer.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the opposite. The game is a huge stress. I stopped playing any games other than freerolls cc.
There was a time that I was a slave to the game. I thought about poker all my free time. I played a plus, and I began to forget about business, about work, about health. I played and played. Then I just cashout money, leaving zero at cashier.
And the next day I felt better. I do not want to make deposits on the game. She ruins the person. Poker kills people. I believe in it. Playing for fun is one thing, playing professionally is another. I do not want to be a plus player, because then my time will be occupied by the game. Rare random winnings are what I like. I want to be free man, but not gambling slave.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
That's great that you have nice results and the game is not stressful for you .

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stress

poker often there are situations that can lead to stress later, however, please realize that the poker game is very tough!:rolleyes:

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it is therapeutic cause you have to focus on the game and not a million other stressful things.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im starting to play,so my game is still far away from settling,so the strees is huge

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you see the reults from your hard work that is so reliefing! I agree with you my friend :) i wish a happy new year to all cardschat members! :)

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im starting to play,so my game is still far away from settling,so the strees is huge
Once you make a good start everything then will be much easier for you. Be focuced and try to make your fist step of having a banroll . good luck

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the player. A better player, less stress on playing poker and the opposite :cool:

J

jaymustafa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

totally agree the game makes me feel relaxed.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me I play poker and my poker is soothing and relaxing and I like no stress.

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It goes both ways with the stress. If you win, you will leave the poker table relaxed. If you lose, your stress usually will be higher. So take that into account also

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I can't agree with those who say that poker relieves stress. I get really stressed when I lose parties with better hands. Nor does it reassure me that in the long run, better hands will win.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can t relax in poker.Concentration is very important in the game,hence the stressful situation.But if you enjoy the process and the result is not important for you,then another thing.Playing on conditional chips is perfect..

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to know that poker has helped you with stress, but not everyone is equal, I think sometimes the bad times can put you in a bad mood and in that case not be able to relax. If you play occasionally can help, for money if you do not :(:(

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm in the right frame of mind, it definitely is a positive to my overall mental well-being. Plus there are the ancillary joys of reading/studying/chatting about the game.

There are times where its not helpful to play. Tired, lack of interest, etc. can cause the games to grind on me.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The psychological side of poker.

Good morning everyone.
Poker has made me a much more emotionally controlled person, situations that before playing poker made me stressed and now I just ignore it very easily, it's amazing how the poker game works on the psychological side.
More often than not playing poker, I get a little stressed with bad bets.
I watch a lot of videos to learn how to play better and in some videos I see professional players saying that it is part of the game, that it is normal to take bad bet, I have not reached the level of taking a bad bet and not affect my game, I will improve on that side also.