Is poker not a fair game?

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is poker fair? maybe less so than some other games.
The best at poker can lose on any day to any of us. So, short term no. How fair is that.
Try and beat Lebron at basketball. You can't. I can't. That's fair, he is way way way better at the game. Has played it much more. Naturally gifted. All of it. We have no chance.
But let's play poker, Phil Ivey. But only 100 hands. Cause then I have a fair chance. Maybe even 1000 hands.
100000 hands. ok, might as well play Lebron at basketball.
Jamie Gold won over 12M in the 2006 wsop main. Beating out the largest WSOP main event field to date.
That was an amazing 7 day run. He's not one of the best 100 players of all time. No way.
How about the man who started the Boom. Moneymaker. One of the best poker players. No way.
Best story and one who arguably the game owes the most to... Yup
I'd sit comfortably at a table with Gold and Moneymaker. Some others would make me nervous.
But I'd still sit.
Yeah. Poker is as fair as it gets. And the furthest thing from.
I love it :)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has never been fair.:bandit:

T

tyllelly58

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Poker is a fair game. She said that because she lost the game. Actually, with poker, you need to calculate, remember, reading others' facial expression, etc. I think this game requires lots of factors and skills to be a good player. Especially when you play with real people, not a poker game from top1apk. So, if your friend still likes this game, tell her to practice more. If others can win, she can too.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is the only game which steal is not against the rules and be the last is best so, of course, to be unfair is all about poker.
Unfair, not cheating.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the story of one of my friend who used to think that poker is not a fair game.

“Whenever I try to play with my pocket cards someone just raises. That someone raises it so high that I am forced to think that my cards are not strong enough to compete with him. So I fold. But at the end I discover that I had the winning hand……….. You people deprived me of what was mine. You took the money although you don’t have the winning hand. Is it fair?”

The story ends here. But question remains, are we depriving our friends from what they are entitled to?

friendship and poker are a tricky subject.. if you are really friends with this person then don't take advantage of them by making them play poker for money.. they sound like they have no clue about what they are doing. . if your friend figured the game out then maybe it would be ok.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your friend has a very strange concept about poker. Better not play then.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fair?

If the rules to the game are administered and followed.
I understand the concept of random when it comes to shuffling. Whether that's truly possible by hand shuffling or a RNG: random should describe each card's placement in a deck independent of another and should never favor any participant!

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No-one is entitled to anything on poker. If you want that pot then you need to pay to see showdown or get the other players to fold.

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES IF U PLAY LONG TERM !!!

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel what this person is saying.i have seen countless times having a decent hand to a raise and fold.only to see that i should have played allin.

im guessing all in is a good play in these scenarios as u leave yourself the option of not being bluffed.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the story of one of my friend who used to think that poker is not a fair game.

“Whenever I try to play with my pocket cards someone just raises. That someone raises it so high that I am forced to think that my cards are not strong enough to compete with him. So I fold. But at the end I discover that I had the winning hand……….. You people deprived me of what was mine. You took the money although you don’t have the winning hand. Is it fair?”

The story ends here. But question remains, are we depriving our friends from what they are entitled to?

it's the poker moreover there is a proverb that says "a good poker player is one who knows how to play with the bad cards" ... and the goal is to win so if you manage to bluff the others you have a good chance to advance but be careful you do not have to follow all the hands! because it depends on the opponent with whom you are confronted good luck

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Purpose of Poker and Profitability. so it's still fair to make better hands quit

Daniel VanRiper

Daniel VanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes poker is not a fair game. What makes the game unfair is that almost every player playing doesn't realize how much training his opponents have had or how much it takes to be a good player. You need to train until you know for a fact there aren't any intolerant issues with your game. 10 Years if necessary. Good Luck[emoji2]

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Noone is depriving anyone from anything coz nothing is promised to be given in poker. You want to win sth you need to work on it, the fact of having pockets means nothing. This is a game of risk, bluffing and unfair situations when your AA or KK might loose to 72o on pre-flop allin and what can you do then? That is the beauty of the game - nothing is fully certain until showdown :)

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need a lot of practices, fair or not fair, its only luck sometimes.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your friend doesn't understand the game

I used to run a game in a pub and a talented but misguided player said to me " I want to play in a game where my raises are respected.'

granted the game was filled with loose aggressives but honestly that approach to life if notthe game of poker is problematic

i.e....imagine....
I want to work at a job that recognizes and respects my talent
I want to talk to girls who respect my pickup lines
I want everyone to always clearly understand me and respect the purity of my intentions

yess entitlement mentality....
things like that just don't work in real at all times....if youre in a game no one is just gonna aside..we are all trying to win

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Being fair has nothing to do with poker.

:top:

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your friend should pull up the basic things. In addition, you need to play at a great distance in order to understand what to do in different situations. I would also recommend to analyze the distribution of hands in poker.
But I am a bad adviser, because I myself am not an experienced player. But this advice is given by all experienced poker players.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am truly struggling to take this post seriously in all honesty but it is all about knowing what odds you have vs what others could have and making the best informed decision possible at the time :)

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Fair games are games where both (all) players have exactly the same chance of winning (outcome of the game is not affected by the order of players taking turns). i'd say, if there is pure luck involved - it's most likely to be a fair game."

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me 60% skill and 40% lucky...then it´s happen...

Top 10 Games