Poker and Marijuana

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, if you can play at low stakes with friends, you can smoke for fun. If poker for you is a job then categorically NO.

J

JekinTar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and Marijuana! How do you consider this compatibility option?

Definitely not compatible. Poker is not an easy game, you need a mind, reading players, choosing a strategy for a game, etc. Marijuana is stupefying the mind, which means playing in this state of playing solitaire is only for you. I would not like to play with not serious opponents. I want an interesting and sober game. Guys, I do not smoke and do not advise you, and I feel great.​

S

samanista

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MY
Chips
I think that marijuana smoking is not really a good idea for poker player. it makes you less alert, often causes attention failures, makes you much more susceptible to errors in judgement or simly errors due to attention insufficiency. This would be in my opinion general case of marijuana "enhanced" poker session. But also there can be exceptional cases like e.g. whensomebody is a real pot addict, he smokes it regularly and in high dosages (I mean dosages only administered by addicts who already built a strong tolerance for THC consumption which in result has chronic effects on such smokers which are different from general effects induced when smoking occasionaly (without habit,constant overdosing and addiction).
For such individuals smoking might have different influence on poker performance when playing, or, maybe more likely, they would be affected negatively by non-smoking which would induce withdrawal-like symptoms on them

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to win a couple of bucks, it is best to play with a clear head. And if you play for fun, and the result is not important, then you can relax! But the result, as a rule, will be one. But the loss will not be perceived so hard

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing with a nice Sativa. I think if you smoke too much of an Indica it can make you make poor decisions.

C

Crazy Hamster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Incompatible for me. But here everyone has their choice

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a 30 year pot smoker and a recreational poker player, I would have to say weed and poker don't mix.
I have had my best results while playing straight.
Weed tends to tighten you up for too long and before you know it, you're wondering how you managed to become so short.
You take less risks, tend to pay less attention to your opponents and overvalue your hand at times.

This should conclude the question ask here. Giving credit where credit is due. Thirty years of research has been done to benefit the forum. I for one thank you!

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It completely affects the senses, everything you do not want at a poker table: sleep; hunger; slow reasoning

S

sirgobbles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of the times I’ve made it to final table I’d say 8 out of 10 times I had been smoking... but in the long run it also depends on How the cards fall

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know about anyone else. But it helps keep me calm in the wake of bad beats. And it makes the colors more vibrant.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On-line Poker and some Oregon Weed, what a great combo.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally disagree, I suffer from ADHD and weed helps me focus tremendously. I am all over the place if I can't or don't smoke.

Same bro. My official Dx doesn't have the H in it, but I hear ya. I've tried adding another H to balance and that's...... Nah, don't do that. Smoke up. And pay attention! If you can afford it :)

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and maryjane

I think its a great idea please let me know if you wanna go heads up when ur blasted lol

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never smoked marijuana and played poker.

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a great idea please let me know if you wanna go heads up when ur blasted lol
You would definitly rather catch me on a day without man, I don't smoke to get high anymore. That was many years ago. couple hits here and there to keep me some what straight. People really need to try and understand Weed a bit more. I believe it is safer than any other drug or vice (Alchohal,Cigs, maybe even coffee....ect. It is medicine to me now,wasn't for a very long time and definitly didn't start that way. It affects my game in no way shape or form. I can promise you that.

Marctowin

Marctowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish everyone had more psychotropic substances to play with. My profit depends on it.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, if you play poker, it is only sober. In addition, marijuana badly affects the short-term memory and the conclusions that you draw while playing the second day can be poorly remembered :)

Marctowin

Marctowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, if you play poker, it is only sober. In addition, marijuana badly affects the short-term memory and the conclusions that you draw while playing the second day can be poorly remembered :)
Don't you think that psychotropic substances not only affect your reasonable actions? They kill your existence not only as a person but simply in life.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes of course. I'm not talking about hard drugs here because taking drugs is self-destruction, but cannabis infection is not that damaging in my opinion from time to time

ScoobyEdu

ScoobyEdu

How about some fun games?
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it depends on the level, laughter. I've played in several aspects and some even helped to follow a more conservative game, others totally unprepared, laughs.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes its better to forget,,, ;) Puff,puff,pass,, :canabis:

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Havent tried poker + marijuana combination...yet. But i tried alcohol + poker combination back in the past and that was really awful combination. I quess it's same effect with marijuana. Not sure tho.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't you think that psychotropic substances not only affect your reasonable actions? They kill your existence not only as a person but simply in life.
No,they don't,,,i have many successful friends (one is a President of a major company in North America) who smoke pot,,, he drives a Ferrari,owns 4 houses,etc.We both went to University/College,,, i'm semi-retired at 49,,, :cool: Drugs like alcohol are only a problem if you make it one,,,, Cheers! :cheers:

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i feel like the game is hard enough without clouding your judgement. I would just stay sober until after the game then smoke a fatty