Poker and Marijuana

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the kind of marijuana. There are kinds that just make you relaxed and with that you shouldnt mix poker. Some make you more focused and you may try that but i cant speak from an experience cause i never did it myself.

R

Resinator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Daily Daily

Living in California being 45 and starting smoking pot at age 17, if I didn't smoke weed I don't think I could focus enough to play poker LOL. I'm sure if you're getting smashed and can't see straight, just like with alcohol, then it's probably not a good idea. But when it's your Norm you should probably stick to what works. Even sitting out of normal card table I have to go out for smoke breaks every once in awhile to keep my mind sharp. Doesn't work for all, but if it's what you're used to it works.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Looking for someone. If a person smokes marijuana regularly, then it will only help him.

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-7 OFF all in ! all in !

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you seriously???
I will answer with a hint - if you drive a car and hug a beautiful girl at the same time, then you do poorly ;)
Poker and Marijuana! How do you consider this compatibility option?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have actually never smoked it. Grew up around drug abusers and never wanted to get involved. Maybe if I lived in a state where it was legal I might try it now. I could see its mellowing effect being good for tilt, but I may be wrong.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that combination would work well at all for playing poker LOL but it might be beneficial to be at the same table with that person hoping they will play badly and make mistakes....:)

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's not a good combination, marijuana or drunked because would not leave you all focused, and you can make a bad decisions

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man I live in country where it's not legal but it's not problem...
The Problem is that people fill their life unnecessary things and actions and instead of constantly developing and helping others (like themselves) they smoke, drink etc.
I have actually never smoked it. Grew up around drug abusers and never wanted to get involved. Maybe if I lived in a state where it was legal I might try it now. I could see its mellowing effect being good for tilt, but I may be wrong.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and smoking marihuana are both bad habits many people will say, try not to dive into two of them, take just one :D I will choose poker :D

S

Stiches10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MR

hahaha no, but it happens anyway

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know. Did not try. But poker is definitely not compatible with alcohol.

magik9118

magik9118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I smoke a lot of it during poker and already win big 12 hrs tourney under it s influence. ..
I think it s possible

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you take a lot of time playing smoking it is a good idea to relax.

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never tried

I've never done it but Im curious if it would be good for me. I generally don't smoke very often but I can see it mellowing me out and causing me to take more time in making decisions

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your thinking about using PEDS as a way to improve your game and to give yourself an edge over the competition then weed is not the drug for that. What you need is some meth. It will give you laser like focus while allowing you to play poker around the clock for days at a time. No need to sleep or even to blink so you dont have to worry about missing a thing. Plus after using it for some time you'll have the benefit of all your hair and tooth falling out so you won't have to worry about dating anymore and obviously your friends and family won't want to be around you so youll no longer have anyone around to distract you from your game

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I understand that what marijuana does is change your mental state from Beta (waking state) to Alpha (a state similar to meditation). I believe that, being in Alfa you lose the total relationship with reality, therefore also your reflexes and quick reactions. I insist, I am neither a doctor nor a psychologist, but I humbly believe that to play poker we should be with all the antennas stopped (it is a phrase that is used a lot in my country and that means being very attentive) without "help" of alcohol or any type of drugs.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I wouldn't. I don't need anything that would alter my ability to make good decisions.

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and Marijuana! How do you consider this compatibility option?

I love both equally. If im under pressure with my bankroll, i like nothing better than a big, fat, juicy, succulent, mouth watering marijuana joint before i play. A joint and a few tunes before the tournament always helps me focus more and open up my mind to all the possibilities and probabilities much more.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love both equally. If im under pressure with my bankroll, i like nothing better than a big, fat, juicy, succulent, mouth watering marijuana joint before i play. A joint and a few tunes before the tournament always helps me focus more and open up my mind to all the possibilities and probabilities much more.

You literally made my mouth water. I know what I'm doing when I get home. :)

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoke and Drink lots while playing

I encourage all of you to drink and smoke dope to excess while you are playing with me. Since I am not a great poker player I need the advantage. :D