Poker and Marijuana

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't marijuana! I prefer drinking a Pepsi. Marijuana can cause damage to my brain and ruin my decisions in poker. no drug consumption nothing, only alcohol.!!!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don´t like to play poker under the effects of any drugs,including alcohol,That´s why I prefer to play sober wth all my senses in the game.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, I just scrolled through without reading looking for my imagined/assumed but non-existent reply.

Back in a minute! ��

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see lots of post that say alcohol but not maijuana. Alcohol is a lot more harmful and is addictive. Marijuana is not addictive but has proven to help those addicted to opiates get off and stay off of opiates. Playing poker is probably better fpr most played with out any drugs even caffiene. But hyper nervous impulsive players could possible benifit from small ampunt of marijuana.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That was a long minute... :)

So, some interesting thoughts & opinions in the thread so far.

The many people who responded along the lines of 'it depends on the person' are on the money, as surely it's subjective?

I witnessed someone (just the other day) crush a bounty hunter tournament on party poker, 424 entrants, 1st place without breaking a sweat - high as ****.

Other people I know (even after just a couple of hits) wouldn't be able to walk into a room of people, or meet someone new, without being utterly paranoid.

Surely an individual's tolerance level and how regularly they usually consume THC is going to be the key factor here.

If one smokes habitually, then they are probably going to suffer more negative effects playing without than with.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

There were lots of great comments I wanted to multi-quote but I struggle doing so on mobile..

'I win, great. I lose, great.' :D:D:D:D:D:D

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the exception of Adderall, I don't think drugs are helpful to a person playing poker. Alcohol can be fun, but people tend not to play at their best while under the influence.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it is a good idea, smoking weed sedates your senses and in poker, you have to be alert to the plays and very awake to be able to study the other players. If my message is valid, it is better that you do not do it and instead of wasting time on these things, dedicate yourself to read more about how to improve your game and that will be a successful combination for sure :D

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i drink and play poker i turn into a donk. i quit weed about 3 months ago but when i did smoke and play it would relax me and i would make better plays

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol and marijuana are consciousness modifier implements. So you'll not concentrate on poker as good as if you play it clean. In my life it's not a huge drawback to be effected of these drugs, as long as you are not that addicted.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...and I would say it's a hard thread cause online poker or weed are illegal at several countries which are not open-minded enough to let you experience the dark and the bright side in it. Maybe our world will be more acceptable, cause some of them still thinks that they're gods, and have the right to control others life and oppurtunities in so silly ways.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is the same as drinking, control your intake when playing or do not partake if you feel it affects your game, (in a negative way) if it helps your game, knock your socks off hahahaha.

C

CTLAW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and getting bombed are not compatible, many players use and it comes down to the ability of the player... not good advice, but before black friday the amount of pot heads that controlled the flow of money in online world was unreal

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best players in the world don`t smoke weed non-stop to take edge and be the best player in the tournement.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone found a strain that helps with focus and concentration?

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Figuring out the competition

I think this is an info grab so this guy knows who's high and maybe a little less sharp:bandit::bandit::bandit:

Iggykiddo

Iggykiddo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of question is this. Of course its not good for your focus, you need something to make you stay alert rather.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although, I prefer alcohol, but I find that marijuana is more compatible with playing poker than alcohol. Personally, if I am drunk, I play like a real donkey.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was a heavy smoker for years and had great live results. I haven't smoked for a few years now and haven't noticed a drastic difference in my results. If anything my returns are down a bit.

4nocreativity

4nocreativity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's not a good combination because marijuana would not leave you 100% focused, and that would only make you lose.

I find that weed makes me focus. The edibles that I take makes the time feel slow. Almost like I have alot of time to think about what I'm doing.

Happy that canada has legalized cannabis!

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to smoke it when I am going to grind for a long period of time and several tourneys at once. Granted I have been smoking daily for several years.

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A couple of weeks ago, I played a small buy-in tournament ($60). One of the players won a couple of big hands early and became the big stack at the table. However, he stepped outside 3 or 4 times during the tournament, each time returning smelling of weed. It became an inside joke to several of us. As the tournament wore on, he became almost catatonic. He eventually made it to the final 4 - the result of his early wins.

About this time, they posted the payouts - paying the top 3 positions. One of the smaller stacks went all-in. Cheech was able to muster the energy to call. Small stack own the hand. Cheech got up and left - not realizing he was still top 2 or 3 in chips. The 3 of us that remained at the table basically took turns taking his blinds until he blinded out. It was nice to finish in the money stress free and not have to chip in to pay the bubble-boy's entry fee back to him (which is customary in these tournaments).

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any time you take mind altering substances, your game will change. It will just seem like not a big deal when you lose your stack.