Is Poker Like the Lottery?

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think that poker is a lottery in poker depends a lot on the player.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think sometimes if I think sometimes bad players receive help from the poker rooms, not to lose quickly, and thus they do not stop playing.

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Millions to one

Thankfully Poker is nowhere near the hopeless chance the lottery is (not counting the mega big Poker Tournaments).

Lottery’s are Millions to one, where Poker you can set the odds of winning.

e.g. Play games of 5/1 to 10/1 and repeat.

You have a much better chance of WINNING.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a lottery, you can’t exactly predict anything before the river:)

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry Sir but poker=lottery....can t be..........in loterry you need numbers to win............in poker you don t need always the good cards to win.........in poker you decide.....in lotery you chose same numbers and you wait.............in poker you bet.......raise call or fold............more decisions..........and a lot of examples about confirmation poker no loterry......all the best

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And about prediction............in what sport or game you can predict 100 % the final result???????? no one

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now there is generally a tendency to turn poker into a lottery, games like spins, pokerstars are already testing a new kind of spins

AIexander K

AIexander K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a difficult profession, requiring a rather complex combination of intellectual and emotional skills. Thorough knowledge of the technical intricacies of the game, the ability to build the equilibrium strategies and deviate from them, taking into account the weaknesses of competitors, the ability to manage their gaming facilities (bankroll), complete control over emotions both in luck, and at failures, strong will - not the full, but already daunting list to the job requirements. To become a good hairdresser, you need substantially less.

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In lottery chance to win less then poker

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Timing a treasure and the skill to know when is time is key to it

J

josall002

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament poker can feel like a lottery, but those with a good edge will win over time.

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Bingo

I think that there is a decent chance that there are both cheating by players as well as situations set up by the site's software. The problem is if you believe that you should not play online. However, I think that the play is just 100 times looser due to the low-cost buy-ins, and hours-long re-buy periods allow people to call down with any shot at a miracle card. I also have noticed that almost every time you draw pocket kings there is an ace on the board by the river and at least one player calls all the way with Ace rag having nothing but ace-high. Actually, A-x vs any PP seems to win a lot more often than not (Unless I happen to be the one with the Ace x, lol) I also see what I and many others see as set up hand situations where one player hits the second nuts vs the nuts guaranteeing action especially on cash tables same goes for chopped pots seems to happen online 10x more often than live games. I could go on but I need to post more lol.
What's YOUR opinion:cool:?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
how often did you happen to have a 100% confidence on the flop that you should win, and on the river you lose

I have never been 100% confident of winning the hand on the flop, because I have never flopped a Royal Flush. I've flopped straights, flushes full houses and quads and lost before.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as a lottery i don't think so, but from the moment you all in or pay an all in you no longer have control of the situation. But there are ways for you to be successful in your moves and not lose money, like tables to rule, call tables in all in and etc ... So if you are making profitable plays you would not depend on luck.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes playing my freerolls i think poker is like a bingo... dont know say to you how many times i lost big hands to bingo... otr lottery players

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question. Recently, I played a couple of days at a micro-limit in bounty builders tournaments and looked at the game of some players who, with the aim of knocking out another player, go into the bank with weak hands or, in general, with garbage hands and win against players who play adequately. And I got the impression that playing at a micro-limit is definitely a lottery.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, it all depends on how you play and what you think, in the lottery, nothing depends on you.

E

evgd23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the lottery there is no logic. It all depends on luck. The game has an element of chance, but the player has the right to choose.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a lottery. Poker is an intellectual game with elements of luck.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times. Especially, if we are talking about online poker, you can,t be sure in anything, before the river.

E

evgd23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and lottery - a game. In each game must be winners and losers. In each game, its rules. Play and win. Success and good luck!