Is Poker Like the Lottery?

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my mind, I am going to win every hand every time or at least until the cards are dealt. In cash games about 20%not the time. On line about 5% because I do not trust on line poker. Only play for fun.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For poker, it’s in the order of things! It happens every day and in a fair amount. Just literally yesterday: I have an ace-queen, I raise, he all called except one, he called. The king, jack, ten are flopped. King and jack of the same suit - spades. I raise, a wabank opponent, I naturally too. He has a three-king (king of spades). Two of spades is a peak, a river is a nine of spades! My flopped street burned with a blue flame. Therefore, I strongly believe that poker is a gamble, but not a game of skill!

B2199707

B2199707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not anything close to lottery in poker you can see if you about to loose or win then increase bets if you have good cards

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Poker may have a luck involvement aspect like the lottery but ultimately those with the greatest skill will have the edge. Guessing random numbers isn’t taking much skill.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how often did you happen to have a 100% confidence on the flop that you should win, and on the river you lose
100% only when the absolute nuts is flopped, all other times anything can happen!

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No..

Lottery are easier than me winning a flip on PS

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. If a player has more tickets, they have more chance to win the lottery.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scratch bad call

Poker is like a lottery as in comparison to poker being like fishing, or poker being like life,or poker being like a war. Like the lottery hopefully investment but with poker being an investment you can choose what you put into your investment how long you stay in your investment and whether or not to risk everything on a investment you have control over the outcome versus lottery ticket or lottery numbers where you have no control

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing poker and lottery have in common is they are gambling. While luck may have some part in poker, you always have a chance to fold a losing hand,where with the lottery you are stuck with what you have. 1 Player in the lottery can not be better at playing than the next.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It can happen many times and many times you will win. It is not a lottery, it is mathematics!

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is like a lottery when you add enough entrants to the field (ex. Sunday Storm).

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I win more money with the poker, than i play lottery.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is no strategy in the lottery. You choose the numbers, bet and hope.

Poker is sport of the mind. Do not just get lucky. And sometimes not even need luck.
How many times have won hands on the bluff? I've lost count.
Sometimes I've given up with Flush in hand, because I felt I had someone with a full house. And in the end I was right.

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There isnt much luck involved lets say you lose with a hand like j8 off then lose to kj well you say i got unlucky but what lead you to even play j8 im the first place mp what made you checl raise the flop all those little things are what effects the bigger picture its not always luck my friend
I completely agree with you

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Than I'm more play in Poker, that with every time I'm understand, that in Poker may to happen anything...
Hence, I try no wonder nothing, but, of course, upset, as and everyone, I think, when accidently come the different "bad beats"...
It's normal: we are alive people, and not robots! Life continiues: this means can to continue to play in Poker! And this is Main!
More a positive, comrades!:):elefant:

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think about 1 tournament it's more lucky than skill, but when you thin about long term it's more skill than lucky.

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its lottery when u play for play money but for big tourneys and cash games skill is the most:joyman::thefinger

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play any game like lottery if you want including poker. Just go all in on every hand no matter what the cards are and you will leave everything to the destiny. I personally prefer to control as much as i can in poker game so i prefer to focus on my own skills and leave variance to do its business (loosing on the river is part of it).

messer21

messer21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is, today playing in the Bounty Series i loose in the first 2 hands of the tournament having AA and KK againts a trip of 7 and another random straight.. i mean that its not normal..

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if during registration at a poker room you are in a slot with the inscription 1% of the most lucky ones, you can forget about working in this life

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In terms of the game it is now a lottery is 50% because a lot of players who do not care.
yes but against that type of players there is a strategy, and luck plays big roll in turbos and hiper turbos, but if you play normal poker, there win only skilled players, with math you can lower variance and increase win rate bi a lot, just learn how to play make your own strategi and play.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know poker involves skill, but no one can deny that some players play like if it is Bingo, they are playing all in again and again especially in tournaments were t are endless entries at small cost. I do not think it is like lottery, unless the dealer helps someone at the table ��