Poker impact on your life

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the game - for sure! But, it does have its moments. I used to shout and scream at my computer every time I lost a big hand to a lucky (or unlucky depending on where you were sitting) river card. Once I cooled down I would recheck the odds, and yes indeed, I was the 95 - 98% favorite to win (till the river when my odds flipped over to zero percent). My wife thought that was amusing, which I guess it was. These days I (usually) take the bad beats in stride.

I've noticed that I cannot win a Sit and Go or Tournament without at least one super lucky hand (i.e., the odds flip in reverse from 5 - 25% to 100% by the river). So it goes both ways. That's really important to realize.

So, I think that poker has helped me to develop patience, greater self-awareness, and a more realistic take on the odds of the game, and I guess the odds of life's twists and turns in general.

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
306guaps3mqyhwqiqwbb4z25v.jpg

online poker helps me keep away from marginal and drugs because here where I live has a lot of it !

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker brought me good energy, different sensations, adrenaline, energy, adventure, logical thinking and etc.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like poker. In the beginning it was just a hobby but since constantly/consistently learning it over a period of time and improving on my hand-reading skills I find that it can be applied to everyday life as well... I think I've heard on various occasions something like "If you want to get to know someone or find out how they act/react in certain situations (boss, co-workers, family, friends... etc) play them in a game of poker".

For me, this happens to be true...

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My life is still the same, but poker makes it be a lil bit brighter.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, nice question!
I think that the game cant make an impact on your life, all it depends on the player who plays it. You have a life that you live, you do the game for fun or in this case some of you for money. The third one is the best, those two: the adrenaline of the game and real bets (fun) and the reward after betting (money). Thats the best chance to enjoy best anykind of a game.
The only impact that can make the poker is taking your time and stretch your nerves and brain.
So for some is healthy, some makes it unhealthy by theirselves

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker online ended my marriage, which was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

I'm 70 years old and on Social Security and playing adds a little income each month. Not much but being unable to work, any helps.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment is good, but i am working hard to make it better or even great, i want to make my entire living from poker, but i muss say im not there just yet, for the time being i have to satisfy with my lvl of play, good thing is i know that i have a lot to learn and have the mindset to do it, and get to the promissed land of making a living from poker.

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm ... Poker makes my life more diverse than the constant is not very interesting cases.

P

predator4114

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is fun for me ... it does not affect my life))

R

Rodrigo sampaio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ATENTION

POKER IS A WONDERFUL SPORT , ENCOURAGES PATIENCE , CONCENTRATION .And IF PLAY WELL GOOD MONEY .Porem needs a lot of attention , because often the family does not understand and do not see poker as a sport or even do not believe in you . Just think you're spending money . In some countries like brazil that there is still a bias against games , many people consider as gambling ..Acho very important for anyone who wants to start this journey of poker games , look for a separate time for poker and a time for family . Otherwise we will have problems
However I believe that after the poker. the cycle of friendships changed for the better and not waste time in places like Baras and unnecessary parties

vezy4iy

vezy4iy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a reasonable approach to this case then everything good.Know what you want and not get into the pool with his head .

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker gave me hope, after losing my job. In the last years I've made a lot of debts, I was very depressed but poker gave me hope and make me feel more optimistic. Also helped me to pay some of the debts and be able to have a decent life. He made my life more easy and not think at the problems. Dealing every problem with a solution for it.

D

demongace1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i mean,it has kind of a good impact on my life,because it really teched me well how to work with money, i mean i just dont spend a lot of money on some retarded staff that i dont really need in my life but i rather get those money on PS :D

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

for every thing we have to find a balance .. and to try to have fun for everything we do.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my life poker has brought more benefit than harm, the main benefit is financial, harm to nerves shattered.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My life is not worse , but instead became brighter than ever , as I found out about this wonderful game.Poker brings a lot of emotions and have for that I love this game very much.Money in this game for me just a nice bonus, because I play the micros and has not yet received big wins.Poker helps me forget about the hard working day or some failures.So I 'm going to play this game for a long time. :)

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I start play poker, it was afecting my personal life, so I stop for a time, but 1 year Ago I returned and it is not afecting anymore.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now it does not impact much, it is more like a entertainment, so it makes my days a little bit happier, if I win

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is my life,since i started playing i bagan analize my life and count my next move how it affect on my being.so poker is not only competition for me it is much more,like style of thinking and living.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As I play for fun, does not impact anything. But I know friends who play for fun and still poker influences your mood both in the case of losses in the case of victories, and they sometimes take it out on someone in those who have nothing to do with the case...

But as poker, football team results, all this impacts on their lives. I think it would be a defect in his personality, having no direct connection with the poker. If it were not for poker, it would be something else.

Skatoosh

Skatoosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker brought me good energy, different sensations, adrenaline, energy, adventure, logical thinking and etc.

I have a similar experience.

Also, the more I play, the more similarities I spot between the game and life it's self. I have a bubbling theory on it that I will likely spew in the coming years.

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's a fun Game my life is the most important