wayrOK

wayrOK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Everyone,
This is my first thread, I want to join this forum because I want to share my experiences, about poker or gambling. Ok, let me start regarding the title. Poker game that was considered as game of skill is no longer true. Why I can say this? just think about a match of two football teams. They are in the same skill, same level, and so what is the factor that determine the winner? LUCK, yes, luck, either by penalty, or wait until one of the teams got tired and have little focus. This example also valid to poker, when all the players on the table know how to read tells, betting pattern, playing position, know value of cards, then what is the point of having those skills, while others also knew it, it becomes what so called "common knowledge" in game theory. Nowadays, we can see lots of information bout poker everywhere, especially youtube. Books aren't that exclusive anymore, everybody can get "free" information. So nowadays poker almost can be called "gamble". You play poker and you can say that you "gamble". It is like blackjack when you cannot count cards anymore. I agree that there are still lots of fishes out there when you can suck out. But still, you "gamble" to find a fish, if there is any. so, now poker is just a game of luck and chance, you wait until you got the best cards, best flop, best turn, and best river. That is why poker legends are slowly being replaced by young poker players, they cant dominate this poker world anymore.

As in any game , poker has a place to be omens and superstitions . Thus , it is considered bad luck to play in a room in which there is a dog . But to play in dirty clothes - good luck .:п

efgen

efgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I think you'll agree, that you will never win tourney without luck. No matter how good your skill. Lucky - It's part of poker :)

Last edited:
wayrOK

wayrOK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I have some significant game experience in poker, I want to share a variety of psychological techniques used in this card game. I'll start with, that is completely a win-win strategy of the poker game exists. The game is a game, and it provides options when you can play two aces before the flop, but to win two and three. So here there is always an element of luck. Luck loves the strong, but there is always a chance to spend a spectacular bluff, or you can apply one or more of the following methods, discussed later. I must say that it is not always necessary to pour a specific game terms to represent a strategy of the poker game. In the end, it is possible to Express their views on this subject so that they become understandable even to the uninitiated. For example, very often a winning in poker depends not only on the merits existing on the hands and fell to the flop cards, but from the General psychological state of the player at the moment. If a player is "floated", it is likely that it will start to "throw" even with strong cards in his possession. Therefore, when playing poker it is important to have "iron" nerves, and be able to save a good mine at bad game". How to bring matters to a victory, or to enter the number of leaders in poker tournaments with many players? There is nothing easier if you follow the simple rules. First, it is not unreasonable to take the risk, even with a strong preflop hand. Wait for the flop, and then evaluate its likelihood to win the lottery. In addition, there is a probability that the risky all-banks competitors themselves will smash each other. Second, it's worth the risk, having the strong cards, or seeing the strong hand on the flop. But it is not necessary to go VA-Bank and in this case, it is better to gradually increase rates, but not the smallest amount, and more, while increasing the Bank, and eliminating insecure in the strength of your hands of competitors. Thirdly, when he reached the junction a poker tournament, don't risk too much, better wait for more powerful cards. In the game of poker one-on-one it is necessary to monitor not only the alignment of cards on the table, but for the slightest changes in the expression of the face of the enemy. On its face, sometimes you can even "read" what cards are in his hands. It is very important not to panic and not to give himself away with his facial expressions. Under these conditions it is possible to carry out a good bluff, even if not the strongest cards, and then at VA-Bank to achieve full and unconditional victory. Thus, poker is mostly a psychological game, but with the obligatory presence of an element of luck, and, applying the above considered psychological techniques, you can win in this exciting game often enough and stable!

Vini_lepoker

Vini_lepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few years ago I though it was 60% skill and 40% luck. Now I am more educated and very confident that in the short run luck (variance) plays a big part, but after millions of hands it's only skill. What matters is the long run, many players fail to realize that. So yeah, poker is a game of skill.

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is game of luck or skill?

It depends on what you're talking about poker, and also who will play ...

"Luck is the same for everyone ..." you will find that phrase to read the book "poker theory" (recommend for those who want to learn how to play really) ....
If you play a variant called fivecard draw OBVIOUSLY LUCK will make you win ... I honestly do not like this variant (the oldest) why you DO NOT HAVE the chance to calculate ... hauhauahua

The best known, holdem, omaha, seven card stud ....
In these the ability positioning + + experience, are added luck .... that is ... you have many other factors that influence you .... it is interesting to master all ...

Good luck .... if you learn to play ... read long before, practice long before any nonsense ... I play for pleasure, numca threw the money and I will not play .... but if one day play. .. I'm not afraid hauahuah ...

The bluff is a move that makes the famous poker .... but it's an outdated play and all players have to master .... is the least ... you know ... identify and bluffing the move that has much won the poker world today you see tournament is the semi-bluff .... is safer for outs that can save you ... but everything is mathematics, is a matter of probability .... MUST know how to calculate all to be able to do a good semi-bluff .... sO ..please nOT be happy to make an outdated ... huahauahua move .... (I said it ... but it's not BEMM well know ... but maybe one day you intenda .... hahaah)

Sometimes the guy who made the semi-bluff has MANY outs that the likelihood of him winning is GREATER than the guy who has made hand; hauhauahua ... (guy .... it's the worst thing ta full of outs world and turn the table NO! ahah ... is horrible ... also happens .... and it's painful ... hahah)

Meire

Meire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck or skill? both

In My Opinion Poker and a game of luck and skill . And Possible enhance Plays through Knowledge To run - them the best way possible. However , NEITHER best player in the world could stand Staying alive um Inside the big tournament is NOT liver Luck Factor Playing Together.

T

Tariq2230

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#Skill Game

Hi ,

I felt to post my opinion on this matter as I truly feel that people misunderstand the element of temporary luck in the game and begin to think that this translates into the game being one of luck.

E.G we all have the same probability of getting lucky and we all have equal hand distribution over time therefore its how we as individuals choose to play those hands out that determines our results , therefor by this definition the game is one of skill.

pretty simple right?

T

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if you do not think you will lose even with aces !!!

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning Party CardsChat freeroll 5 times in last 10 games.

Poker must be luck :p

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course u have AA on pref u go all in and player with 77 call and win cuz he have a three of kind))

protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,frst you must know what is poker and learnig many things of poker,reading book's or in new era we have forum for it,Poker is a complex game if ask me,i don't know enough but i learn something in forum and help me a lot,but how my good friend say me.I read meny books of poker and a know mostly everthing but when i sit and see my opponents i know hi know much as Im,the rest is a happinesse.For me poker is a skill

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
according to me it is 80% skill and 20% luck....skill is very important in this game but luck is like icing on the cake

A

Anna Nikolaeva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm leaning more towards the view that it was more luck. Skill, has its own weight in the game, but I think that the skills works more against loose players and tight-passive. In other cases, it is luck.

A

arenk22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i firmly believe it is a mix of both luck and skill. skill in knowing when and where to make your moves and a bit of luck to get the cards you need.

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is, you can actually AFFECT your opponent in this game. You can give false tells, change your playing patterns and stuff like that.

Imagine if penalites were allowed in soccer.

That is a better comparison to poker imo.

C

chadel_man

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill mostly...

The iddeA is to take chance of luckk ti minimum with skill game. More you good in this, more you win. And of cource mentaly reading and analysys theopponents... I think i do and i like in the game. Many to learn ;)

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some players win seats for cheap, then win the tourney they won access to.. so skill is a factor for sure.

D

Dzoomal94

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, poker is a game of skill, of course, with a bit of luck, but it's like any sport.

A

Anna Nikolaeva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about the skill or luck:)

Attachments

• Screenshots_20161009_033727.jpg
    Screenshots_20161009_033727.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 24
T

TFing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion 70% skill 30% luck. So if you had a skilled player vs a amateur whom each played 100 games in the end the skilled player would have a positive earnings and the amateur most likely would be in the negative.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately the world is not made up of people with equal talents, there will always be people better as some things than others.
I prefer the term 'chance' rather than 'luck'. Some people get rather upset when you say that the game is not one of skill and take it as a personal insult.
You are dealt two cards which you have no control over, the same with the turn and the river. Five cards - no control. Skill level? Ah, but you say, it's the way you play them that separates the men from the boys. How exactly? Play aggressively, bluff a lot? I would really like to know how the skill factor is arrived at. Please tell me, but please no twaddle. Thanks.

T

TFing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately the world is not made up of people with equal talents, there will always be people better as some things than others.
I prefer the term 'chance' rather than 'luck'. Some people get rather upset when you say that the game is not one of skill and take it as a personal insult.
You are dealt two cards which you have no control over, the same with the turn and the river. Five cards - no control. Skill level? Ah, but you say, it's the way you play them that separates the men from the boys. How exactly? Play aggressively, bluff a lot? I would really like to know how the skill factor is arrived at. Please tell me, but please no twaddle. Thanks.
Knowing when to be aggressive, when to bluff, when to lay down a good hand. Easy to explain hard to grasp. Golf for instance you swing a club got a ball how hard could it be right. If it were that easy everyone would be a pro. Oh ya there is also luck in golf I could get lucky and beat the top player on a giving hole but would never win after 18 holes.

thestinger20

thestinger20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion 70% skill 30% luck. So if you had a skilled player vs a amateur whom each played 100 games in the end the skilled player would have a positive earnings and the amateur most likely would be in the negative.

LOL He didn't say it was a pro vs. an amateur! He said it was mostly luck when all the players skills are evenly matched!

Top 10 Games