• Poll closed .
Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long distance - in the first place skills. Good luck - it is only for a moment.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll put it another way. What are the qualities that makes a player outstandingly skillful? Is it having played so long it becomes second nature to them? Do they have qualities that other players lack? (some people are brilliant at chess, others at bridge). Is there a poker gene that some players have? Why is the final table in a tournament not stuffed with big name professionals?

P

pretty1984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ms

i would say luck has nothing to fo with it its all about the knowledge you have anout the games how how to play with the cards your dealt
Hi ,

I felt to post my opinion on this matter as I truly feel that people misunderstand the element of temporary luck in the game and begin to think that this translates into the game being one of luck.

E.G we all have the same probability of getting lucky and we all have equal hand distribution over time therefore its how we as individuals choose to play those hands out that determines our results , therefor by this definition the game is one of skill.

pretty simple right?

T

P

pretty1984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ms

skill all the way and trusting yourselfQUOTE=SNOOPIDAO;3238693]It depends on what you're talking about poker, and also who will play ...

"Luck is the same for everyone ..." you will find that phrase to read the book "poker theory" (recommend for those who want to learn how to play really) ....
If you play a variant called fivecard draw OBVIOUSLY LUCK will make you win ... I honestly do not like this variant (the oldest) why you DO NOT HAVE the chance to calculate ... hauhauahua

The best known, holdem, omaha, seven card stud ....
In these the ability positioning + + experience, are added luck .... that is ... you have many other factors that influence you .... it is interesting to master all ...

Good luck .... if you learn to play ... read long before, practice long before any nonsense ... I play for pleasure, numca threw the money and I will not play .... but if one day play. .. I'm not afraid hauahuah ...

The bluff is a move that makes the famous poker .... but it's an outdated play and all players have to master .... is the least ... you know ... identify and bluffing the move that has much won the poker world today you see tournament is the semi-bluff .... is safer for outs that can save you ... but everything is mathematics, is a matter of probability .... MUST know how to calculate all to be able to do a good semi-bluff .... sO ..please nOT be happy to make an outdated ... huahauahua move .... (I said it ... but it's not BEMM well know ... but maybe one day you intenda .... hahaah)

Sometimes the guy who made the semi-bluff has MANY outs that the likelihood of him winning is GREATER than the guy who has made hand; hauhauahua ... (guy .... it's the worst thing ta full of outs world and turn the table NO! ahah ... is horrible ... also happens .... and it's painful ... hahah)[/QUOTE]

K

kTactics

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in a table full of pro players it's about 80% skill and 20% luck.. But when i try to play serious poker in rookie tables I feel it's about 60% skill and 40% luck...

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
skill plays an important role in poker! must read literature and if you want to achieve heights) but good luck, too, must attend

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of minds, well, maybe a little bit of luck, well, the main thing to keep yourself in the hands)

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both os all. you need to read more the board then your hand. because the board always say what you have on table. You can presume knoe the other hand but play the board sometime help to pass a minor pair ;)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nothing in the universe is by luck only! In poker you need psycology, maths and luck. If you just go by luck you will not win. For example if you go all in and you win, maths say that if you go all in again the posibilities to win are reduced, So there are skills to think if you go all in so easily like the first time.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of a little skill and lots of luck says Playful

R

rickymass1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
people

people play poker because they like to play poker. Some people get better, some unfortunately don't. the people who play just to make money, are the people who got better. The unfortunates continue to play because they like to, and because luck will win them an occasional pot. But overall, the skilled players take money from the unskilled.

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POKER IS SKILL PREFLOOP LUCK ON THE FLOOP AND SKILL BET ON THE TURN AND THE RIVER IF U DONT GET CARDS U CANT PLAY BUT IF U KNOW HOW TO READY THE PLAYERS THEN U DONT NEED THE CARDS LOL THAT IS WHERE THE SKILL COMES FROM AND YAH U HAVE TO HAVE THE STONES TO FIRE ALSO IF NOT U WANT GET THE MONEY LMFAO

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a game of skill but also no luck anywhere!)

hufty

hufty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in the long term it is a game of skill, but in the short term 27os can beat pocket aces!

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker - is a game of skill. We need to play poker every day, study it, and at a certain distance to expect positive results.

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Longtime - skill
Shorttime - luck
The best players add experience, which always make the difference.

ufomen400

ufomen400

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is about skill. Luck is good, but skill is more powerfull. If you havent luck , then you can still win with your skill.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As speak: good luck accompanies courageous. I think that in poker (as well as in many other games) good luck is a concept relative. Not good luck, but high percent of probability is necessary. And at a long distance good luck, how many knowledge, skill, experience, luck and many other things wins a complex not so much.

K

kingeisi73

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its a combination of luck , bluffing and the eye for the wright situation but mostly luck..... the size of betting is the other important point to the luck factor

Mka69

Mka69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
feeling of a rhythm, as in music) :thrasher:

V

victormavrov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

For me is like any sport if you try harder you will get regrets

Mitchel Roebuck

Mitchel Roebuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a bit of both however skill will go a long way! LUCK RUNS OUT FAST!

Top 10 Games