Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
After 2 months of freerolls only (almost); I still haven't regained my will to play my normal MTT schedule.

I guess I'll wait some more. :(

I'm not sure how playing in games that require very little thought process will be expected to evoke some newfound motivation (aside from perhaps getting bored of the play & desiring to play something more difficult or just different)

I've lost almost all of my motivation to play online MTT's. There's a couple of 'league' games I look forward to & try to participate in & if they happen to fall on a weekend I might actually add in a bunch more MTT's to the schedule but more often than not I'll just add in a few cash tables.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got burnt out on NLH,after going to PLO/8 I can't get enough .A small change can mean a lot.

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.Success is not in what you have, but who you are.

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live I play much better then I do online. The only problem is that you can play online poker whenever you want and live poker not that very often.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My poker dreams are slowly fading away…

The sites promotions are not as good as what they used to be.

I don't know what to do to regain my motivation.

Any suggestions?

It is tough. The problem is we remember the past. The past may have a window of opportunity that no longer exists.

I used to make $800 a month interest from one of my bank stocks that paid 14 percent interest. Now a days interest income is so small that I no longer have to file a tax return.

Poker is the same way. It was way easier to earn a decent monthly income before Black Friday. The only reason , besides to play for fun, to keep playing poker is because you look at your bank account and would like to see a higher number in the available balance column. Hence, we keep playing poker as a side income, though it takes 10 times the amount of time to make the same amount of money as back pre Black Friday. Take a short break from the game then go back in and make some money even if it is puny amounts compared to what used to be made. Your bank statement is depending on it, unless you want to be a WalMart greeter.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play Omaha H/L it is very intriguing. Also, watch old WSOPs on You Tube, give you new things to try...

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not expect two much,and you will be not dissapoin.....

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
My poker dreams are on point-0, no not I, every day of the loss, each All-in overheating, I am disappointed happiness that is in poker, as well as knowledge of poker, very important, it is beyond me. I admit it was difficult, but I have zero poker

max_cool20

max_cool20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pause will help you not long ago and I've started playing after a break of one year, now becomes more exciting play!

UpUpAway

UpUpAway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My poker dreams are slowly fading away…

From my point of view; I think the field is getting harder to beat every day.

The sites promotions are not as good as what they used to be.

I lost most of my motivation for grinding. Right now I'm taking a break from the grind.

I don't know what to do to regain my motivation.

Maybe there are books or videos that could address that subject.

Any suggestions?

Seems like poetry, but if you really like this game you realize every loss, is an improvement, basically the more hands you see, you become more knowledgeable of different situations. No Worries

IronHaji1989

IronHaji1989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stuck so much but I play so good. How lol

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's my problem; poker is not fun anymore. But I like the fact it brings me an extra income; especially from promotions and freerolls.

+1

stopped being fun for me quite a while ago, I actually "retired" from it from mid 2011 to 2014 and when I came back to it, I had 3 or 4 big cashes, actually best year results wise...

but it didnt came without grieve... there were like 24 people left on party's big sunday tourney (i won the entry on a bounty tourney)... and then i was the sb with TT against bb's 99

flop 2 10 9
turn river 9 x

i broke my laptop... i bled profusely.

i cashed out, i cursed at party poker... they banned me

2nd time in my life im next to making life changing $ and i get denied on a crazy beat

sometimes i wonder if all the bad things ive done in life reflect on my "luck", or "karma"... as I do feel i get the ugly side of luck more often than not.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I struggle with this topic a lot. I have not found a solution yet, so please update us six months from now with what you have come up with.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the sole/main reason you play poker is to make money, now is a good time to leave the game tbh.

It isn't going to go back to 2005 anytime; it isn't going to happen. If you don't love the game for the game itself, time to look for another way to make a buck.

Stocky373

Stocky373

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break for few weeks...this helps me 😃
Try play poker live, it's a different experience...and If you put more pressure on it, it will just get worse, keep calm and take it easy...finally, stop acting like a woman 👍😃

Last edited:
billbaffles

billbaffles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take a break as well, but it sounds like you have a dream of being rich from playing poker. Im not rich from poker but I would say maybe get a coach, and continue to train yourself in an as many ways possible to become more of an expert. It might become more enjoyable for your if you know you are going to win and you know why. I do know consistently winning and watching my bankroll slowly increase even if im playing at the lowest stakes is definitely an incentive to continue to play because it isnt about the money but it is fun to win.

nikkouy

nikkouy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take a break and have a good rest to focus

attila87

attila87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think also try another one: Omaha. That's what I usually play when I've had enough of Texas hold game-players... :)

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the sole/main reason you play poker is to make money, now is a good time to leave the game tbh.
I can still make "some" money but not as I used to.

The great opportunities are on the decline.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think also try another one: Omaha. That's what I usually play when I've had enough of Texas hold game-players... :)

Omaha Hi Lo is my best game, best results. I also like 8 game, Horse and Courchevel.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha Hi Lo is my best game, best results. I also like 8 game, Horse and Courchevel.
I prefer those games too but they demand a lot of concentration.

Forget about watching a movie or surfing the net while playing those.

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can still make "some" money but not as I used to.

The great opportunities are on the decline.

possible need to change the motivation and a new wave of inspiration , I advise you to take a break , it is a banal but true classic course ) ) Take time new tactics hours , generally what is new in the poker;) ;) ;) ;)

K

klickitat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is splitting hairs but it works for me.

I strive to play the perfect game. I do not play for money. The better I play and the fewer mistakes I make the better I feel about myself and my game. This way when the donk lucks outs. I still feel good because I played right.

Poker is like every other game, it's all based on odds. Poker though gives you the ability to only play when the odds AND situations are in your favor.

With proper bankroll management you will end up on top with correct play. Just focus on perfect play. You will find that the money will follow your satisfaction in your play.