My poker dreams are slowly fading away…

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think taking a break is a good idea. Watch professionals and others play poker and see how they play poker and see what they do. Also try playing poker for fun instead for money, take the money as a bonus and try to improve your game. Good luck.

joao mariano

joao mariano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering if there is any organ That takes care Security donates online games . Because happens MANY duplications When we play cards ON Two UO tables MORE?

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tables will always be there for you if and when you decide. 90 per cent doesn't pay out. If you're in the 10 that is great.

M

Murky Lurky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I could see playing lower limits/largely open free rolls making you less keen for these reasons:
-Money is pathetic
-Generally more linear play lines and boring
-Luck playing a larger portion of your game and potentially eating more suck outs to fish, each I imagine will be another nail in the coffin.
On the flip side if you're genuinely good then trouncing some chumps might put a some fun back into it, and laughing at some of the stupid shit you see at SD always does one good, hopefully that's the way it goes man.

Y

Ymatov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a vacation for 1 month with nicely girl and after go to play again.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you play?

Cash? MTTs? SNGs?

Live or online?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

From my point of view; I think the field is getting harder to beat every day.

The sites promotions are not as good as what they used to be.

I lost most of my motivation for grinding. Right now I'm taking a break from the grind.

I don't know what to do to regain my motivation.

Maybe there are books or videos that could address that subject.

Any suggestions?

A can only suggest what the others do: take a break. A few weeks or months. After that you can find out if you wanna continue playing or not. But I think sooner or later you will show up at the tables. ;)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same opinion. After the black friday, online poker never were the same.
A lot of good poker rooms closed their business. Now, we only have a few options of trustable poker rooms with not so good promotions and smaller field. I think you should take a break and rethinking your poker goals. Also, try to change your main poker room. I did that (I traded from poker stars and FT to Betfred) and my game improve a little. Good luck!

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker dreams are slowly fading away…

I lost most of my motivation for grinding. Right now I'm taking a break from the grind.

Any suggestions?

Me I have heard on during one of the poker tourneys on TV that some people are leaving Texas hold em and going to Omaha or Omaha H/L

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it depends on what you really want. You obviously can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results (things have changed as far as the games you are/were used to playing in).

If you want to get motivated to win some extra $'s for sure it is going to be much more difficult to do if you're not enjoying yourself. (in that case some time off might be good... but how much?) But you could try to invest some time learning how to improve your game. I'm curious as to what methods of study you've used in the past (present) for this?

N

NetowPVH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My boy , insist , do not ever give up , because I'm going through the same situation. at times I think to stop . more I remember that almost everything in life we must act insistently

joao mariano

joao mariano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Any suggestions?

The problem of Poker is that we only motivated when 're winning when we lose we lose motivation as well but well played game of poker well is chosen the game pieces to play with your cards right and there is no risk losing just have to know leave on time

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious as to what methods of study you've used in the past (present) for this?
I've been a member of Deuces Cracked, Pokerzion, Dragthebar, PokerStrategy and Tournament Poker Edge.

I've seen a lot of theory videos and in game play. Both cash and tournaments.

I'd have to have a significant edge over the field to motivate me. And now the field is improving faster than I am.

At this point I think I could get better; but not enough to justify the investment in time or money.

So right now I'm just freerolling until my motivation comes back or my will to play just fades away…

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe take a break, or like 50 used to say " switch ur style up and watch the money pile up" ie try new games and or sites

50 Cent is definitely the person to be taking financial advice from!! Good music, really bad BR management. The Game must be loving the story of that :). I'm sure 50 is a survivor and will get back on top.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Its hard to have lots of edge on holdem nowadays i believe, thats why im studying omaha now

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what you mean. My poker dreams several times already died and risen again . But still , no one did not come true . On it the first dream ) ) ) )

F

FlyingFitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to have fun and play for free

I find, if I am not having Fun as you say you are not, then a break is a great thing and can help you come back ever stronger. As a previous post mentioned, play for free is also a good way to play, but not be stressed out - You won't build your bankroll, but you will get your mind back into the game.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to have lots of edge on holdem nowadays i believe, thats why im studying omaha now
I've been playing Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo and 7 Cards Stud for a long time. And these days, there are no easy ride there either.

Good luck with that.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Any suggestions?
I love the game. You may just want to slow your game down. Play less real money games and play more freerolls. If you can get good at freerolls you should improve your game overall. LIVE POKER!:D

joao mariano

joao mariano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This week lost 122 us , the addiction is eating me what I do??? Hehe

Attachments

• 1459207412989.jpg
    1459207412989.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 89
U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Any suggestions?

Time away would be my first suggestion. Then Adjust and find games you can beat. I been in a similar situation. I stopped playing for a long time with playing only an odd game here n there. Each time I came back I notice the games being tougher each time.

You got to find out were you are most profitable. For me I notice I play best in tourneys that don't last 5 + hours. So I mostly stick to them. While before my main focus was cash games. I also switched allot of my cash play to Razz. I still play NL holdem but no were near the blind levels I play when I am playing Razz. Before I would never buy in directly to a game that cost a certain amount. I adjusted that train of thought also. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

Making some similar adjustments might help you also.

Also play forum games. I have always said that Forum poker players are better than site poker players on average. So if you can win in forum games... you can still win vs the average site player.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then Adjust and find games you can beat.
My plan was to get better and move up in stakes (MTTs).

But now most players are getting better at lightning speed. Add the rake and variance to that and you get a recipe for disaster.

I've recently seen a shift; good players are moving down in stakes and many even play freerolls now.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(MTTs)

But now most players are getting better at lightning speed. Add the rake and variance to that and you get a recipe for disaster.

It does seem that way. There is allot of information out there to help players get better. The skill gap between players is shrinking. Which will make climbing levels harder. But even with that happening there are still good games with bad players. There just harder to find.

Good Luck !

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 2 months of freerolls only (almost); I still haven't regained my will to play my normal MTT schedule.

I guess I'll wait some more. :(