S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing

It is, some highs and lows but when you win you get pumped up with excitement.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be very addictive ,if all you do is want to play. But the more you play the better you become at it. I was addicted to it when i was learning the game 20 years ago. Now i have a balance , go out and visit people and do thing with wife. I remember at first i wasn't go out at all and thats bad. I play it now cause i enjoy the game and now addicted to it.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes for sure - That's why so many people continue to play it and lose money every time.

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is only my job for earning extra money.

GLAVI65

GLAVI65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be very addictive ,if all you do is want to play. But the more you play the better you become at it. I was addicted to it when i was learning the game 20 years ago. Now i have a balance , go out and visit people and do thing with wife. I remember at first i wasn't go out at all and thats bad. I play it now cause i enjoy the game and now addicted to it.

I agree that the more you play, the greater the skill you gain and also through this mental sport you acquire the necessary temper so that the emotions do not block the objective. Greetings

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more I play the more I feel the need to play. It is very difficult to me. If I want to stop this strong need to play I must not play for at least a week.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is and I am addicted to it. But it's not a dangerous addiction like drugs or alcohol.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its super addicting to a addictive personality like me. I took a break for a month playing Animal crossing. first time in 14 yrs.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I believe I am 100% addicted to it but once the addition does not hard yourself in any way financially and other nor those around it's ok, (it truth we are addicted to something or someone in life) I don't believe it is comparably harmful like drugs, u can control the effect poker has on your life to the extent you have self control while you can't do the same for drugs and its effects are purely chemical and not quantifiable by the average person thus self control wont help with it's effects.

I Love poker, trust me, it saved a life!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed that in the past few days I’ve been really wanting to play, but unfortunately my laptop is currently broken, in the mean time I study the game and watch streams. Do you play a lot and do feel the need to play?

I think poker is addictive like anything else, the problem is not the addictions themselves what causes the addictions.
There are people who are addicted to eating, weightlifting, running, having sex ... Addict's behaviors are the same in all cases. They stop doing other things, lose sleep, regret compulsiveness.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think that poker is addicting but it's a thing that everyone has to face for themselves because you can get addicted to anything. People who get addicted to gambling are not because they win but because they don't have the ability to stop, no matter how much they lose, they keep going because they always have the hope of winning back what they have lost. One is no longer under control with an addiction. If you fear that you are addicted you should take a break for a few days and see how well you can cope with it. If you then see that you have restless sleep, for example, because you can only think of the game, then you should perhaps get professional help.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, poker is addicting) my one of my favorite games) I like to play in the evenings and relax)

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Hi again azgeda. Yes poker is very addicting. And yes there are times when I can't hardly wait to play some. However, I'm nothing like I was from the start. I was playing 12+ hours everyday. This addiction is something like tilt, because it takes a lot of working on self to overcome the bad parts. That's why I set times to play, and very few days I do different. And I have found out from experience that it's best to stick to those times of day I have set. Hope you get you a laptop soon.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course poker is addicting. well lets say gambling is addicting I play pool, golf, bowling, it all has one thing in common for me gambling.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Of course, poker is addicting. This is both a thrill and a punishment at the same time. The adrenaline rush with allinn is just going through the roof. For some people, poker is a torture they cannot refuse.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is and I have told my friends I am addicted, which they laugh and say really surprise. But I enjoy it and I maintain a profit so not all that bad.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can be for some people, I have been addicted to gambling, and poker is not attractive for a gambling addict, at least for me, more simple and big/random wins are much more addictive, like slots, roulette, etc.

I can feel some like desire to play if i dont do it, but i dont feel the need of deposit and chasing my lost money like other gamble activities, thats why i only play poker and will never touch a slot anymore, i have just bad experiences and i feel stupid after betting. :p

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is definitely a big danger that poker can become addicting and anybody who plays poker should be carefully

good thing that i can control myself

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I played hours long Spin N Go's with small buys and lost all my bankroll, it was really addictive and after that I'm trying to take a break in this kind of state

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my case I only play on weekends and in many weeks I don't play. I don't feel the need to play and if I do that very often I end up losing interest.

Now, speaking of a general issue, not just focusing on me, I think that poker can become addictive for unbalanced people. Just like anything else, like playing a sport, eating, watching television ... Because I think the problem would not be poker, but something from the person himself.

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

hello for me it's not addictive,it's a beautiful sport.:cool:

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, when you start playing you can't stop anymore haha

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Like any game of chance it can become an addiction ... to the point that addicted people just want to be playing all day ... for that reason it is possible to establish certain rules so as not to fall into an addiction ... For example, I have a clear and defined game schedule ... as well as the level and size of the entry payment to the tournaments ...