GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if it makes me want to play always !! It has also happened to me not being able to play I have the same as you! I watched poker videos and strategies and so on it can be a bit addictive if lol

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I treat poker like a sport. It challenges my mind and tests my mental fortitude daily. I draw the line calling it addiction, because it isn't negative behavior causing harm to other parts of my life. I don't spend my hard earned money on it unless the bills are paid and everything is taken care of. My family comes first before a game of poker and I will never skip a day of work due to staying up late grinding on the tables. If it doesn't affect your daily life and just compliments your day, then I see no harm in continuous poker play. Game on and enjoy life!

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i think it is.
Even if i know im bad at poker, i still play and lose everytime.
Is there a rehab for this??? Lol... [emoji23]

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When there’s an addiction, take a break from the game. Try to control your desires.
You’ll spend time with family, friends, go for a walk or watch a movie.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is somewhat addictive. But unless you lose all your money doing it’s not a bad addiction.

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When there’s an addiction, take a break from the game. Try to control your desires.
You’ll spend time with family, friends, go for a walk or watch a movie.

Your health, and family and friends are important. Manage your bankroll, and your life to enjoy the game.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think anything can be addictive, but if the addiction is the cause of problems then maybe it is the problem

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think anything can be addictive, but if the addiction is the cause of problems then maybe it is the problem

Yes, poker is a very addicting game. In addition to the pleasure of the game, it is also fashionable to make money) ... or to lose)

J

Jean9b

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The idea of winning money is the most addictive part

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Definitely.

The fact of winning money makes it addictive, in tournaments it is difficult for me to win, perhaps because I still do not get used to the game mode, but in cash games, there are days when I have been able to get away with 6 dollars of profit.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is fun to play for me. Not addicting just a good time and chance to win some money. It keeps me thinking and keeps me entertained so I would say that I do enjoy the game.

Beatlebug

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
All things can become addictive, if you enjoy it so much, the secret is does it do you or others around you any pain or damage, If you can answer No! then what is the harm in it, I promised my Wife I would not deposit any cash on any poker site, and I have kept that promise for over 20 years now.
I don't need to deposit, because I only play for fun and play the Free-rolls until I make enough money to buy-in to games. So any money I gamble with, is money I never had, so I can never lose.
Poker is a game and should be enjoyed as such, but when you start to overstep yourself and play beyond what you can afford to lose, then it can become a problem, not only for yourself, but your Friends and Family, Just like Drugs and Alcohol, if you need that fix, then nothing will get in your way to get it.
I learned that lesson many years ago before I decided to settle down and get married, I used to gamble a lot, and sometimes lost my week's wages on Horse racing and Dogs, being single it was fine, as I would not hurt anyone but myself, but after I met my girlfriend and decided I wanted to get married to her, I gave myself one choice, was it going to be her or the gambling, as the two were incompatible. I bet on her and it was the biggest win of my life, We are still together 45 years later, and although I may have a flutter now and again on a day out, or for a bit of fun, I will never lose an entire week's wage on any form of Gambling!
Keep it simple, Keep it fun, and always remember--

When the fun Stops, STOP!

P

Player1472

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting

My relationship with my gf has suffered not from the loss of money but more so on the loss of time I don’t spend with her because I’m playing poker. How do you balance your time with your partner..?

I try to limit my time playing but I seem to not have the discipline… btw which free rolls do you play?

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is poker an addiction?

Everything that makes you enjoy it can lead to an addiction, therefore i only recommand you to play poker at the weekends, this way you will be able to manage your addiction to it, just limit your play to a period of time.