Is Poker Addicting?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed that in the past few days I’ve been really wanting to play, but unfortunately my laptop is currently broken, in the mean time I study the game and watch streams. Do you play a lot and do feel the need to play?

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u ave a stable mind it s not!

N

noskilluk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely can be and is something worth considering...

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, for sure we can call poker an addiction.
It can be a good addiction if you have a successful career

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gambling, in any form, can be addictive.

This is my opinion, only, but if you play because you want to, I don't think there's a problem.

However: If you're losing sleep over it; betting more than what you can afford; playing to recover what you've lost, or feeling that you MUST play; you might want to take a second look at your situation.

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any game can be addictive! But it all depends on you
If you leave things aside, it matters to play, or bet more than you can, it would be an addiction

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes poker is addicting

But I'd venture to say, it's a lot more harmless than a minion of other possible addictions. The only thing that gets hurt in this addiction is you wallet which can lead to financial trouble. But you're definitely not going to get a dui or land up in prison on a drug charge for this addiction.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think poker is addictive at all. I play poker a lot, but I don’t think I’m addicted at all. Often I look forward to the end of the session :eek: Much more dangerous addictions, more popular (betting, gambling) !

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that in the past few days I’ve been really wanting to play, but unfortunately my laptop is currently broken, in the mean time I study the game and watch streams. Do you play a lot and do feel the need to play?

Poker is a game where it has its ups and downs. For most people it gets addicting when you keep on winning. :icon_sant

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Addicting is an understatement. It leads many people to degenerate gambling.

B

bruno1234poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is just a addict if you lose importants moments to live only that.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on how much time you already play, you probably recently joined poker, years will pass, and you will be a little calmer about it.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some persons poker definitely can be addicting, specially if you use poker as a escape for some other problem.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only when I have free time and a good mood. For me, poker is just a hobby, but no more.

Artur22277

Artur22277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is a passion but sometimes I manage to win some money:pepsi:

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what does addicting mean? If you enjoy it and it is a passion, everything is ok. If you love your work, no one says you're an addict.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been ill for a long time, addictions can be removed, but can come back thats why im here again lol

But yeah it is addictions, it has the adrenaline we need

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some people poker can be addicting. There are players who have gambling in their blood and play poker the same way. If you follow good bankroll and time management you should be ok.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is addicting but you have to control your spending and only play within your means

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me every type of card game is already an addiction.

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be addicting but if you can set out some rules for yourself it can be easily controlled, bankroll management playing events within your bankroll, step away for a break when on tilt or chasing money, do not risk more than you can't afford and maybe take a break when you are no longer enjoying the game.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it has happened to me from being anxious to play yes or yes and it is totally bad for oneself, you are not going to achieve good results that way, you have to be calm think well when is the best time or day to play, know how to divide between studying and playing is key.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is highly addicting. Although I don't play it as much as I did when I was younger it is still very addicting. Any form of gambling is addicting.

elefece

elefece

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oooh yeah baby.. is hard to stop playing