Poker, a hobby, a sport or a game of chance?

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sports require physical involvement. Keeping that in mind one may argue that poker (or chess) is not a sports.
Another argument in opposite direction is that we utilize our brain to play poker or chess. And brain is an active part of our physical body just like our heart. So physical involvement is there. Brain controls all physical movements. If brain is paralyzed then no body movement is possible. Hence poker or chess should be considered as sports.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excelent

I consider poker a hobby, I do not think it's a sport and it can even be considered a game of chance.
HOBBY=an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation. Me personally can't consider this a hobby. I play for hours and hours, is sometime stressing, does not relaxate me, and I put money in from time to time. I look of it like a small business in which you invest some money. Sometime the business work and sometimes doesn't.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I guess poker according to you for me is a hobby. It is something you do after the labor work. The one thing you try to do is win. You like to prove your love to GOD by still doing the work even if you don't have to work. GOD has trusted me with small matters and I really don't have to work. But it isn't the millions so I strive to win.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion I think of Poker as a Sport Cause is a skill game and you're competing aginst other people the more skilled player will win on the long of course recreational players might just see it as fun and like gambling where if you're lucky you could win some money but if you keep playing poorly in the long run you're actually loosing money... I just think that is an awesome game :D

Top 10 Games