Poker, a hobby, a sport or a game of chance?

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that poker is a sport and a hobby and passion. Three in one.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you treat poker as a hobby or as a sport, you won't win much. Poker is a hard work and in the beginning, to move forward you need to play at least 6 hours a day, constantly read different poker literature is a few hours, in General, will take most of the day, it's not like a hobby or sport ))

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is gambling than about sport, in poker depends a lot on occasion.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A sport

It is a sport of the mind, it is a game that you need to have patience, perception, balance and seek to make the best decisions in each hand you play.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, the most important is patience !!!:rolleyes:

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is both a sport, and excitement and a lot of impressions .. pleasant win and terrible when you lose, I would say a game for people with a strong psyche

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today for me is a Hobby, because I do not have time to play, I'm up without playing here in CC due to other projects, but poker will always be my passion, my hobby lucrative ^^

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not a sport but it is a mix of luck and skill and for sure a hobby.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is just a gambling game, and it has nothing to do with sports, although sometimes there is a sports interest in it.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe poker to be a sport in the true sense of using as much mental ability as you have. There are so many different strategies and variables that you have to account for and keep track of. It can definitely be a hobby for someone that doesn't play it as much, and luck will always play a part of it. You just have to make sure when you get unlucky, it doesn't hurt you mentally.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zaza

cash game excitement, spin & go and sng
it is a hobby,but mtt this is sport:cool:

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter what you want to call it. Just enjoy it.

This applies to all games, sports, hobbies, etc.

drunkalien

drunkalien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
YES!

It can be all three at one time or other, or all at once. Depending on the arguments that anything done sitting down at a table can't be a sport, but what about wheelchair ping pong>?:jd4:

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has been proven In the United States court of law, as a game of skill.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider a hobby (to someone is job), I do no think that is a sport and game of chance

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I would call it a hobby. As I said in a different thread, I don’t consider poker gambling. Too much skill and control involved for that term. I don’t consider it a sport. I don’t think you’re going to see Olympic poker anywhere in the near future, LOL.

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider poker a hobby and a game of chance. As long as I do not lose too much, I do not mind losing, The cost per hour is a lot less than most entertainment.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All 3 sugestions are true. If chess is a sport so poker as well.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, poker is gambling. But I think there is a lot of sport in poker. For example MTT tournaments. Clean sport.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby. I do not plan to deal with it professionally. For someone, it is possible and sport.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is the set of two factors, after all it is a hobby / sport where there are serious big competitions!

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be a hobby to some, a sport to others and I game to many more. Depending on your level or dedication or the income you make from it determines what category it falls under.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is the universe

poker is a great game that includes elements of both a sports game and a part of gambling. For someone, this is just a favorite hobby, a hobby, when you can get together with friends and play together at the table. For someone, this is a whole psychological and mathematical science, and to study it, these people are ready to spend entire years. Improving and developing. For someone, the usual daily work that has already become a bit of a routine, a tool for making money in our difficult times. And this is the uniqueness of this amazing game - it can be all at the same time and everyone will find in it something for yourself useful and interesting.:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today poker has been appointed as a sporting modality. Although this is a reality, I find it ironic that poker is a sport. But to get an idea, luck is present in all sports. It just does not require physical exertion, as in most traditional sports, but rather mental. Similarly, a game where does not require physical effort, but mentally, is chess. Therefore, some authors like to compare it with poker. But they're still very different from each other. The core of the ability to play chess lies definitely on skill.

Best of Luck

Top 10 Games