Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Skill is always necessary, but without luck, you cannot win fully in poker.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it is definitely a game of skill but you cannot win tournaments without a bit of luck. If somehow the Poker Gods are good to you, and you can pull off 3 lucky hands you might win the tournament. Remember that even A's get cracked often, so the luck there will either be that your aces don't get cracked or that you can crack someone else's aces. Good luck to you.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me skill counts more than luck.

C

Cisne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your opponent got a better hand than yours, a hand he did nothing to deserve, so it was luck.
His opponent took advantage of his luck by increasing the bet, that was skill.

The cards that come to you, your opponent, or the table that you don't decide are luck.
What you do with your chips and what is generally up to you is skill.

Sometimes we can't even decide what to do with the chips, when we are in the blind or big blind for example, so the game is more balanced, requiring both luck and skill, leaning a little more towards what would be luck, but still It's well balanced, requiring both things to happen.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
deffo both but skill becomes very important the higher the stakes

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
A little bit of both, cant really do nothing without a little bit of luck

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Every game and sport has an element of luck and skill, this percentage is different depending on the game.

What characterizes poker is the significant element of luck and to kill luck you have to play a large number of games and have good skills.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it is a game of skill because if you see most of the important tournaments, the winners and those who reach ft are always the same. But I think you need a little luck sometimes.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would say at one point it’s luck, in the long term it’s a skill, so overall it’s a mix))

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Poker is a game of skill with elements of luck combination, The skill comes with putting your money in when you have better odds than your opponent. Therefore in the long run you will end up winning money...
Then comes the skill in bluffing and bluff catching.. making your opponent put down cards better than yours and making them call when you are good, And for every session and games you need a little bit of luck involved.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definently both. Sometimes you hhit that 2 percetn sometimes you dont. But if you play your positions right, raise it right, them chips over time gone get higher up.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Both, luck matters more than people think.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Skills and luck.
Both of these factors are important and crucial. The absence of one of these factors will not allow you to get a good result. But it is also advisable to add two more equally important factors, namely patience and experience.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In short term, luck can be a factor. Aswell, for lower level players.
But for good players, on the longrun, luck evens out and it's not decisive at all

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% luck as even the pros say. You need a certain skill level to win tournaments.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm thinking 50/50. It is also important to have the right skills

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it’s more of a hobby, then it’s more likely luck, if you’re a professional player, then it’s still more of a skill - when playing over a long distance, bad luck is smoothed out by a long distance, but luck must still be present

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same situation, friend, when I always go all-in, I have the best chances of winning, but very often I lose to frankly weak opponents.

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on which tournaments you play, free tournaments are pure luck, you don't need to have skill, a test is the turbo tournaments that are in CC, they go up with any thing, and pay all in with anything.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
By and large, players today try to trust luck, so the desire for skills is somewhat blurred. You need to play thousands of hands before skill begins to prevail over luck. However, if you win one hand, attributing it to skill is completely wrong.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Both, but you can't relay on luck everytime to win, so you need to improve your skill in orden to be better at poker.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a game of skills and in some moments of luck but without a doubt what will make you win money is your skill and not luck

Top 10 Games