messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
no matter how tilted i get at times i love the thrill it provides, the adrenaline rush one gets from bluffing and winning

being superior/good at poker has nothing to do with the sexes, it has to do with the state of mind and being able to deduce situations correctly, and knowing how to set traps properly making reads, tells and knowing when to be passive or aggresive

poker is an endurance game, many make the mistake and believe they come into a game and can win instantly. not the case its a game about wits and mental fortitude. i would suggest never enter a poker game when emotionally compromised or not having ample free time to play relaxed

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is an endurance game, many make the mistake and believe they come into a game and can win instantly. not the case its a game about wits and mental fortitude. i would suggest never enter a poker game when emotionally compromised or not having ample free time to play relaxed

Thats it, very good point.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket aces are always welcome even in first hand of a tourney, you can base your whole game with that

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It is a nice feeling, as it worked out as you always hope it will: that your Aces don't get cracked.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a hand when 2 players had pocket AAs and we both lost lol

emanuelorteg

emanuelorteg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You get an adrenaline rush if that's the case haha, I do insta-call. Although there are always bad beats you have a lot of chances of winning, it's time to pray boyy

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pocket aces is always good at any time, but in the first hand it is not always useful because at the beginning of a tournament most players do not call

mickathyus

mickathyus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see aces get burnt all the time.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be crazy at times, when you see two or more allins and you have pocket aces. In Thursdays game on Betonline freeroll. I had pocket aces twice within first eight hands. It was super sick, I did five times raise preflop which in hindsight i should of moved allin preflop do to out come. Anyways The flop came king nine four. I c bet like most would do and next guy raises me, I reraise he moves allin I call of course. He has queen jack of suit, gut shot straight draw with backdoor flush draw. and of course the site rewards him with runner runner for backdoor flush. Then few hands later I get pocket aces again this time I split with another guy who had pocket aces also. I have also had pocket aces alot of times on first hand with atleast three or more allins before it even get to me. Poker can be a fun and cruel game at the same time.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, several times actually, and I have won and lost on that first hand...

Hey guys,

Have you ever had pocket aces in the first hand and there were 1,2 all-ins to you and you easily call the hand and win it after that?:D

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I have had AA on opening hand and called a 3 way all-in a few times. I have only won once and tide once (straight on the board) lost 3 times or more. But it is the best starting hand so I will always call an All-in.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to have this hand just a 2 weeks ago not playing NLH but 1-3 cash game PLO.
Bought in $1000 and just sat down to the right of a deep stack with $2000ish
I'm on Cut off with AA89(double suited),
UTG open pot, MP2 called, HJ called, I re-pot and these 3 guys just flat call to see flop.
Flop A,3,J (rainbow)
UTG pot, MP2 shove, HJ short stack called, i All in, UTG called
4 way all in (my stack covered everyone as i buy in max $1000)
Turn 7, river 7
I scooped all.
UTG flop set 3, mp2 flop set J, HJ holding pocket kings.
Incredible cooler

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happend with me. First hand AA clubs and spades.
Raised 3 BB´s on UTG+1, other guy went ALL IN, I called.
Other guy had QQ and another Q on the Flop !
Lost all my chips on the first hand ! But I did the right thing so I wasn´t mad.
It hurts but it is part of the game.
Cheers,
M.D.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just played Silver member $100 CC freeroll at poker stars. 1st hand get KK... 3 of us go all in. 1 players also has KK and 3rd has AQ. Guess what flops.....A of course.. lol tourney over in 1 hand. Poof.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you get lucky and get paid like that :)

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
aces give me an exaggerated confidence, I've won and lost many times, now in the first leg I don't remember if it happened

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve never had pocket aces first hand but I’d like to. Lol

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey that happened to me today ���� some guy in MP1 made a standard raise...i went all in with 25bb he called with A7o crushed him and double up first hand.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is not so valuable to have aces for the first hand of a tournament. I would play it aggressively but carefully!

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I lost with A A, against A 3. You can't even imagine how happy I was, handed out))))) And I saw how people were losing with pocket aces

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where I love to see aces on the first hand is in a freeroll. In those tournies, there's a good chance at least one person will call you. The aces may not always hold, but, what the hell, it's a freeroll. One of the saddest things in poker not getting any action for your aces.

I played a live tournament once where I had Kings on the first hand. A lady at the table had aces and I was out.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
since then pair of aces in hand is what we all want! It gives us security to play, and we must know how to take advantage of them! but it does not assure you of a 100% victory after the community cards fall! but you're starting the winning hand!
100% winning pre flop

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I particularly play for more than 15 years, I have won and lost a lot of hands with a pair of aces in hand!

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
but of course! it would be like 70 and 30 more wins than losses!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands