Pocket Aces in the first hand

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always the best feeling when people mindlessly jam first hand of the tourney and you just have the goods. Great feeling to start with 2 or 3 starting stacks while everyone else only has 1!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey guys,

Have you ever had pocket aces in the first hand and there were 1,2 all-ins to you and you easily call the hand and win it after that?:D
Even better, I once was dealt aces in the first hand and kings in the second one. I shoved both and won. It was very sweet:)!

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I recall......

Hey guys,

Have you ever had pocket aces in the first hand and there were 1,2 all-ins to you and you easily call the hand and win it after that?:D

It was a tournament I believe. It was a great way to start a tournament. Can remember if it was a Knockout or not but that would have been even better if it was. It was a long time ago. Those moments are almost as rare as a straight flush.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish

I have a rule where I never play the first hand of a trny, but if i get AA I am definitely shoving all in. I don't think its ever happened where i got AA on the first hand but if I did it would sure be a great start to the day!!!!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Mind you, I eliminated those 2 opponents and I was left with a good amount of chips, enough to reach a final table. :D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes , i had several times this play , but recently i lose it twice , not a great feeling to lose first hand with aces , especially tournaments with buy of 4,40 $ and 5,50$ :)

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
From reading others comments I must be really unlucky as aces rarely hold for me

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well fun story, had it after winning a sat to 22$ bounty builder first hand AA

open it, 1 guy goes all-in i call another guy calls, and i call

Villian 1 KK - Villian 2 AK, Me AA river the K lol

This one still hurts to this day.. all that griding in the sat just to bust like that

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I had many times pocket AA after 2-3 all-ins and I always called- Taking the hand is sweet, but the lost hand is much more painful,

Q

Qairo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had AA hand two times in a row at the beginning of the tourney. And both won with all-in bet.

bojji74

bojji74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are no other cards on the table, then it is a monster.

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket As have only screwed me once in a game, ended up with two pair but on the river out came a flush. It was heart wrenching.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Starting aces are very dangerous, because at first you can fly out with the first hand like playing roulette where in 80% of cases you can get lucky.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey guys,

Yes and yes! :D In fact the very first time I played in a real, live, $-tournament I was dealt AA on the very 1st hand, which was bitter-sweet because I declined a house prop-bet, which was to have the first hand w/pkt aces. I won the hand but missed out on $400... :banghead:
Oh well, live and learn, right?

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA doesn't always win. Sometimes someone gets his outs. I got a call from 74S and lost with AA. The opponent was lucky.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I won sometimes, and lost sometimes too.

H

happiicake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I had a heads-up match that lasted 1 minute because I got AA first hand, went all in and the opponent did aswell, with KK :) No one hit anything and the game was over.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i like getting AA can´t say the same about KK unfortunately lol

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, they're great if they hold, but pretty soul-crushing if they get cracked first hand of a big event.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Honestly, AA first-hand is a little frightening. Because when you have such cards, you automatically, without hesitation, go all-in. And at least 60-70% - you lose to weaker cards, and stop the game. This is very frustrating.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey guys,

Yes, I've had actions with 4 players all in and I made the call smiling.

Got it safe!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands