Pocket Aces in the first hand

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it was, but it was not always possible to win.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I do not recall being that fortunate.if that happens to me, I will call all-in most definitely. What a way to start!

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, I had it also already very often, but I also lost already very often in such spots.
Honestly, I do not like to have such monster at the first hand, I like it more when I have them some hands/rounds later and with not so many other players in the same hand.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I do not recall being that fortunate.if that happens to me, I will call all-in most definitely. What a way to start!

Yeah, definitely. Why not to call, especially if the tournament is turbo or hyper-turbo. I wish you some day to feel that emotion of the winning like that in the first hand ahaha.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup, home game tournament, bunch of guys ive never played against before. aces first hand, ended up shoving over a 5 bet from a a guy that showed AJ off.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are always players that go all-in on the very first hand. Maybe not at your table. But watch the lobby at the start of every tournament. There will inevitably be at least one player that doubles up in the very first hand. While it's great to pick up pocket aces in the very first hand of a tournament, it's even better when you find yourself sitting at a table with the guy who is going to go all-in on the first hand.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

It was once live in a $ 100 buy-in tournament that in the first hand, one player raised from 100,000 chips to 1,200 in the blind. My view of my page is KK. I raised back to 4800. Then he’s all in and I of course make my call. He had AA. Nothing happened to me and so I could go play a cash game. :) Should I have dropped it? Shouldn't he have been lifted back? There were only small cards on the flop. If I hadn’t raised back preflop, I’d bet on the flop.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already had a starting hand of A, A and I also won with it. But it was also like I dropped out of the tournament right away in A,A the first hand.

But regardless, I want to get A, A in every hand.:D

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already had a starting hand of A, A and I also won with it. But it was also like I dropped out of the tournament right away in A,A the first hand.

But regardless, I want to get A, A in every hand.:D

Sorry for my preview of Quote and Reply

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
all in and hope someone have pocket QQ or Kings :)) :D:D:D

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly a pair of AA from the first hand is always good, but it's better when such a hand comes in the late stage!

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it happened to me more than once! And although I hate going all-in in the early stages of the tournament, I never folded this hand preflop (although sometimes I did fly out with it)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have definitely had pocket aces the first hand a few times and have double up with them and have been eliminated. It’s actually the worst time to get a huge hand like aces because the blinds are very low and the likelihood of a really big hand (chip wise) is lower than later in the tournament. If you do get the chips in post flop there is a good chance you have been outflopped.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are always players that go all-in on the very first hand. Maybe not at your table. But watch the lobby at the start of every tournament. There will inevitably be at least one player that doubles up in the very first hand. While it's great to pick up pocket aces in the very first hand of a tournament, it's even better when you find yourself sitting at a table with the guy who is going to go all-in on the first hand.

Absolutely correct and the reason behind that when at least one player is getting out in the hand in whatever tournament is that it is mathematically impossible on so many tables at least two players to do not have too strong hands and to pay them. Also, there are players who are very gamble and will be all-in in the first hand or players who have tilted a lot and whatever hand they have they will go all-in

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket aces on the first hand are welcome, it's good to start by doubling or tripling the stack, a sign of a good tournament to come. Sometimes it happens that no player answers the call ... hahaha

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have won like that and I have also lost to hands like 92 os....lol

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket AA in the first hand dont go crazy it can be a tricky start

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In buyins below $10 you can go all in preflop and try to take one, specially if its a bounty tourney. Above that i think it's more profitable try a 3-bet and go from there.

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I think in this situation there is nothing to add))

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Have you ever had pocket aces in the first hand and there were 1,2 all-ins to you and you easily call the hand and win it after that?:D
AA are just another pair

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

Have you ever had pocket aces in the first hand and there were 1,2 all-ins to you and you easily call the hand and win it after that?:D

I love when I have good pocket pair and get several callers to my all in and I win it. It sucks though having to dodge so much so often too.

Just a few hours ago I played a tourney and first hand I was AK spades and was all-in 4 ways (hyper turbo tourney) and all of us missed hitting the board but it was glorious win for me as the other hands were AQ, AJ, AJ and the board was 47823. Was out a about 10 levels later when I had QQ and other guy had A3 all in preflop and he hits his A on the turn.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call all in with AA even if it's first hand.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it has already happened. However, I happened to lose hands like this with AA or KK.
It is very disappointing to be eliminated at the start of a tournament. So, there is little care.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth is a fragile hand, good but fragile since at any moment a double pair or a straight from some project could come

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands